1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pkmn X and Y Friend Safari Shiny Hunting Tutorial

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by championx91, Dec 4, 2013.

1. championx91

championx91 Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    Hi, new here, since I am not good with words, I have just put up an link to the tutorial.
    Just want to share.

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Cheesecake and Oim like this.
  2. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Nice tutorial. I'd also like to add that if you are looking for a shiny of a specific nature, a Pokémon with the nature of choice and the Sychronize ability will make each encountered Pokémon have a 50% chance of having the same nature. Comes in handy if you are concerned with natures. Also I recommend having a False Swipe Pokémon in the party to ensure a capture (besides Abra), because Quickballs can fail. Honedge/Doublade are excellent for this if you are already using it for No Guard, since its Ghost type will nullify any Take Down or Double-Edge recoil that could spoil it should you use False Swipe.

3. Arbokness

Arbokness Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    I'd like to add that to increase the rate at which encounters occur you can use a Pokémon with the illuminate ability (my preference is chinchou) as the lead of your party. I also tend to use the bike when in the safari to increase encounter rate.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Juju

Juju Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Great tut, but make sure to add what to do in the safari, and maybe add a averge number of encounters, and you can use o-powers!

5. Aurore-Castle

Aurore-Castle School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Also, always keep a Shadow Tag Pokémon (like Wobuffett) in the party in case you find a shiny Abra or Kirlia! In case you find one, just put Wobuffett first in the party and Teleport will fail. ^u^ (I've seen so many people losing a shiny Abra or Kirlia, thanks to Teleport...That's too sad)

You can find shinies in 3-Pokémon safaris too eh. c:

6. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    Nice tutorial i'm gonna use it some time ^^

7. Myuuriko

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Wait wait wait... Does the quote and quote "Blue Method" add to the probability of encountering a shiny Pokémon? As far as I know, No Guard only raises the encounter rate of Pokémon in general... I'm not sure about the shiny rate though so does the Blur method take a role here or not?

8. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    Cool tutorial. I'll give it a try next time I go shiny hunting :)

The reason for No Guard is that it increases the chances you'll find a Pokémon. That way, you can encounter more Pokémon faster allowing you to look for a shiny Pokémon faster as well.

9. KaiserAlex

KaiserAlex Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Last week i got a shiny excadrill in safary, the ivs are soo bad but looks fine.