1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

CricketTheSpinda's Portfolio

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by ⋆CricketTheSpinda⋆, Apr 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ⋆CricketTheSpinda⋆

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Aaaalrighty, lemme see if I can get myself goin' here... Sorry if I do anything wrong here. ^^'

Hi there, fabulous ladies 'n gents~!
    Welcome to my side of the "Artists' Loft", where I'll be showing my artwork just as the rest of the artists on this part of the forums have! Here I'll mostly be showing my digital artwork-- which mostly consists of paintings, sketches, and maybe eventually animations-- or any traditional or miscellaneous projects along the way.
    All of the art I show here are original works, though of course Pokémon itself-- as we all should know-- belongs to Nintendo and GameFreak. I only take credit for any design changes or additions to characters from the franchise as well as any original characters that end up sneaking their way into my works. Any extra credit-- such as use of artwork or characters belonging to other artists-- I will make sure I include in the picture. All my work is either signed with my deviantART username-- SonicSketch-- or my username here. Thank ya kindly for your time and for dropping by, and while you're here, any comments or constructive criticism or advice will be greatly appreciated~! ^w^
    Without further ado, here's my recent artwork~!​
    ~*~*~*~*~​
    Image finished 4/2/15.
    This is a reference sheet I created for my deviantART account of a few of my Pokémon fan-characters; Cricket (that's me!), Atasi, Flare, Puddle, Kelby, Jeijack, Zigzag, and Mizuko! This was the image that apparently got me invited here, too~!​

[​IMG]
    ~*~*~*~*~​

Image finished 12/1/14
    This is an image based off an RP with a friend on Skype. Yes, that Dewott is Kelby; the Oshawott in the image above evolved. The Lucario is my friend's character, Ace, drawn with her permission of course.
    [​IMG]

Hopefully more images to come~! Stay tuned~!
    ~Cricket the Spinda

2. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Wow! Your art is adorable! And the artwork is amazing! Even though it is grey and something that is usually associated with sadness or depression I can feel a sense of happiness, calm and contentment from the characters in it. Keep up the awesome work!

Question though, how did you colour in your lineart so cleanly? It's something I'm having trouble with at the moment... Also did you use the blur tool to fade the sharpness of your image and how long did that take?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ⋆CricketTheSpinda⋆

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    D'aww, gee, thank ya kindly for your comment, Wain~! ^w^

To answer your questions... For my lineart in my second picture, I'll admit that it was a doodle and I colored my lineart in a quick and somewhat sloppy way; making a new layer above everything else and just coloring what I wanted lightened with white. Though that technique works, it's only good for painting where you hide your lineart later. I recommend locking your lineart layer and coloring it in that way for most projects.
    For the blur, it probably took under a minute to get it done, simply 'cause I used a filter instead of a brush. All ya have to do is go to Filter>Blur>Iris Blur in Photoshop, set up the blur the way you want it, and you're done. As long as ya have PS, it's not a tough thing to do, and it's one of my favorite filters to date.

I hope this helps! :3

4. ⋆CricketTheSpinda⋆

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    (I'm not positive if I should just edit my old post with submitting new pictures or just make new posts like this one, but umm... Lemme know if I need to keep my pictures in one post, and I can move this pic back to my first post. ^^')

Image finished 4/7/15​
    Here's another painting, this one made for Easter with Cricket~! It's kinda sorta late, I know, but skiing 'n things got in the way for finishing it sooner... My bad. :3
    [​IMG]

~Cricket the Spinda

shinygiratinaz and brsajo like this.
  5. Ravenide

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.4
    Definitely loving how you made the fur on that one! If you could do a tutorial, that'd be awesome! :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ⋆CricketTheSpinda⋆

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Oooh, really, a tutorial? I'll think about doing one sometime! :3 Thanks!

7. ⋆CricketTheSpinda⋆

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Meeep, I've reeeeally been inactive here... I outta find a way to keep coming back here, 'cause this place is great! ;w;
    In the meantime, though... Here's another pic.

Image finished 4/24/15​
    Here's an image of two of my Pokémon in my HeartGold nuzlocke-- Ellis the Rattata and Lorcan the Quilava-- heavily inspired by Adam Lambert's "Better than I Know Myself". I found the song as the perfect theme for these two as a shipping, ah. ;w;​

[​IMG]

shinygiratinaz likes this.
  8. ⋆CricketTheSpinda⋆

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Myyyy gosh, it's been forever since I was last here... I wasn't able to get in at one point since my username was picky, and I just managed to try again and get back in... ;w;
    I didn't stop arting, though, and I guess before I try exploring again I'd post what I've finished since I was last here.

[​IMG]
    Image finished 6/10/15

Kinda a fun little project I did on a whim inspired by the Missingno Wikipedia, where it showed that one of its forms is in the appearance of the Aerodactyl skeleton. I decided I'd so something like the poor, possessed fossil was merely terrified and escaped from its lab, hence his appearance outside of there.

[​IMG]
    Image finished 8/4/15

Another Pokémon FC of mine, this time of my ill Bulbasaur Delilah. She's from another Pokémon RP who was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis in honor of my own cousin who used to have the same condition. She had some lime-light during this time, so I figured I'd draw her and experiment with a new drawing style. ;w;

So there we go! Hope you guys enjoy! ;w;
    Now, I shall once again attempt exploring this place... X3

shinygiratinaz likes this.
  9. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    Wow these are absolutely incredible! Seriously absolutely amazing work, it's great to see people with such talent :D

10. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    Oh man, this is some pretty amazing art. :O I love how crispy your style is, it's just got a nice feeling to it. :D

I especially love the black and white one in your first post. That really is a cool piece, it feels calming just to look at it. :)

11. ⋆CricketTheSpinda⋆

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Awww, thanks, [member="Reborn"] and [member="shinygiratinaz"]! I'm glad you guys like what I've done! ;w;

12. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Ha! Wow! You have really amazing artworks! I love them all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.