1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Synerjee's Portfolio

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by Synerjee, Jun 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Hi! So, uh, I don't exactly identify myself as an artist and am unsure of any skills that I might possess, but I've recently drawn something and I thought I'd like to share it with LV. It's just a single simple sketch, but I'd like to hear what you guys think of it. Any constructive criticism and tips are encouraged! Also, I'd like to know if I should continue to try drawing more stuff or not.

Anyways, without further ado, I present to you my sketch of Gardevoir, with reference from Bulbapedia. It's the very first time I've drawn a Pokémon, so there might be some rough edges here and there. The image is accidentally orientated a little to the left so part of its 'skirt' is unfinished. Hope you like it!

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Halcyon Storm likes this.
  2. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    The Gardevoir looks great! Very much like the official art! This is a good sketch and it's a good start! I hope to see more in the future :3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Synerjee likes this.
  3. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    Wow, this is awesome! You should absolutely keep drawing!

Synerjee likes this.
  4. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Yay, you made a portfolio ^^ I already told you that it looks really good, and I'd love to see more!! Keep drawing :D

Synerjee likes this.
  5. DracoFeathers

DracoFeathers D to the R to the A C O!

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Looks good to me! You should do more! You seem to know the basics, so I bet you could get better and better the more you practice!

Synerjee likes this.
  6. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Aw thanks for the support, guys! Didn't expect such favourable responses. I'll try to sketch more things and share them with everyone soon! Any requests would be very welcome. :D

One thing bothers me though: so far, I've noticed that my drawings are only limited to copies of existing images/art, making me kind of like a 'human photocopy machine' lol. I don't know how to draw my own stuff yet and I have no clue on how to begin. Any advice on how to do that would be very much appreciated! Until then, I'll continue doing my thing and improving on my copying skills haha.

7. Smooshie

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    I don't know if this is good advice (because I feel that I'm not that experienced in drawing well so yeah), but I started the same way. I drew after other people's work and slowly - with my school art classes propelling my experience - I started drawing. Then it led to a lot of doodling which led to more drawing and more experience.

Keep sketching and drawing things around you; get the hang of how it is like to draw things that others have. The experience will help you on the path to making your own art. Just keep drawing and don't give up! With practice comes experience and then experimented and you'll find your niche or style which is awesome sauce!

I wish you all the best in your endeavours into art! (Sorry if I repeat myself DX)

Synerjee likes this.
  8. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Yo LV! I've just completed my newest sketch. For this one, I've decided to take an in-progress picture as well as a picture of the completed work. Since Cyndaquil is my favourite starter, I decided that it should have the place of honour (my previous sketch of Gardevoir was actually a request by Astral). Once again, referenced from Bulbapedia.

[​IMG]
    Cyndaquil in-progress

[​IMG]
    Cyndaquil completed!!! (goodness those flames were a pain)

So! What do you guys think? All constructive criticism/comments are welcomed.

9. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Very nice, your lines are very clean.

Synerjee likes this.
  10. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    It's cute ^^ You're much better at this than I will ever be, and you're just getting started! I want to see more \o/

Synerjee likes this.
  11. Smooshie

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    It is adorable! The lines are very clean and the shading is uniform and done very well. I'm looking forward to more of your sketches! Good job!

Synerjee likes this.
  12. Iceixient

PokéPoints:
    ₽22.5
    Oh I really like the cyndaquil; you have great control of your linework. I'd love to see some more. :D

Synerjee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.