1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

I leave you with memories of me

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShiroLugia, Jun 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    This topic may seem a little depressing, sorry if so! But curiously speaking, what would you like to be remembered for when you die? What ideas and memories would you like to leave those you care about with? Do you want them to think of you when they see certain things? What would you like to be remembered for?

I would like to be remembered for gifts I gave, my jokes and art- maybe the songs I listened to or characters I loved... So my friends can think of me in place of those characters so they can never truly be without me. I want to be remembered for being there to cheer them up and making them laugh. I want them to recite the jokes I've made to themselves. I want them to remember I was a mod on LV of course! I want to remembered for the things I accomplished and did with them, not the mistakes I've made. What about you?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    I'd want to be remembered for someone who stuck to his good morals and beliefs, through whatever challenged it. I admire a certain degree of obstinance (in positive ways) and hope that I can embody that myself. Fun is a great thing too, and patience is a thing I like to think I have and may be remembered for as well.

If I have to, I can just give out my Pokémon cards as keepsakes at my funeral xD remember my nerdy side and discreetly make people think I'm generous

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Derahex likes this.
  3. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I want to be remembered as someone who kept going, despite of everything that has happened to me. Because I'll be honest, my life hasn't been too bright for me so far, and yet I refuse to give up. I took all the bad things, and carried them along with me, knowing that things would become better one day. Maybe things will never be better for me, that would be a bit ironic... Oh well.

Also [member='AquawindLugia'], I'm pretty sure that when I'm like 80 years old, and someone says your name, I will instinctively shout "K PROJECT", so I'll at least remember you for that XD

Synerjee and ShiroLugia like this.
  4. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Is it strange to think that I do not wish to be remembered for anything?

I'll explain my case. Death is an extremely sudden occurrence, generally unexpected, though can be predicted in the case of illness. And, in the case of knowing someone is about to die, it is easier to bear...somewhat. In truth, what that does is soften the original blow. You know it's coming, but that doesn't mean you won't feel it later.

And when that happens, those you were close to will be deeply hurt and saddened, that someone they loved and respected dearly has suddenly left them. That is why, while I'm still alive, I plan to slowly yet steadily fade out of the lives of people, so that when I do die, barely anyone will be aware of it, and when they find out, it may have been a long time since.

Of course, this doesn't cover me for when I suddenly and unexpectedly meet my end and die at a young age, though no plan is perfect, especially not when it deals with death, of all things. I suppose you could see my approach as a selfish one, but I do so with the intent of lessening or even numbing pain. Then again, maybe that's just shifting the pain of losing someone from being dead to being alive. My theory is not perfect yet.

5. Jellystitches

Jellystitches Potato Personified

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I'd like to be remembered like most everyone else does - for the best aspects of my personality, being known as that crazy cat/rabbit lady, and my sewing skills.
    But I've been thinking, why would it matter and how long would that last? My identity would last 3 generations at best, and the physical proof of my sewing skills should last twice that at least. It really isn't that long of a time, and with that in mind it's hard to have any attachments, expectations, or hopes in the post-life lifespan of my identity and what bits are remembered. p:

@[member='eclipse'] -
    I don't think that's weird or selfish at all~
    I've been thinking about this method a lot too from both angles and it seems like a rather victimless route to take, if not a lonely one. It's gentle on the loved ones, but how long would you have to go without a relationship with another human being, platonic or otherwise, until death? It's entirely circumstantial, but potentially it could be a long time to hermit out...

6. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I'm not sure what I would be remembered for, really? RP addict??? A person who doesn't meet their deadlines probably.

But for what I want to be remembered by, I don't know really. Probably the best aspects of my personality, whatever those would be haha. And my love of SnK and Pokémon too.
    Probably the snail jokes, too.

It's weird. On one hand, there are things I want to be remembered by, but on the other, I don't want to be remembered at all...

7. toao

toao the one and only

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    To be perfectly honest, I would want to be remembered for the sarcastic little butt I am. I don't want people to romanticize what kind of person I am (well, was), because I am not much of a nice person. Like I mentioned before, I'm sarcastic most of the time, I will fight you to death in the sake of an opinion, and when I feel I'm right, I won't be open for any kind of tips or critism.

I want people to remember the things that made who I am. I want them to remember how my mood could change from thundercloud to double rainbow. I want them to remember how I would suddenly sneak up behind people to startle them. I want them to remember the countless of arguments we had that neither of us really won.

But I'd mostly want them to remember that I was there, that I've been a part of their lives. I don't want to be forgotten, I want my life to be meaningful.

ShiroLugia and Jellystitches like this.
  8. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I want to be remembered as someone who was there for others. That's all there is to it.

9. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    You can't control how others view you, but if I can hope for anything, I'd like be remember as someone who inspired others to be happy and enjoy life. I can emphasize enough how important it is to just have fun! People go through tough things in life, but they forget that the most powerful tool you posses in this existence is your mind. With a optimistic perspective, you can live life to the fullest and die happy with no regrets. I just want everyone to be as happy as they want to be; to enjoy their gift of life to all extents. We don't know how long we will be on this earth, all the people we will meet, all the things we will get to do, but even in despite of that we can still enjoy life to the fullest and share that joy with others.

10. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    If anything, I guess being a decent person? I mean, I like to think I am.

11. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    I hope to be remembered as someone who made people laugh. It's something I always like to take pride in, making others laugh and making at least that instance better for them. I don't consider myself to be particularly funny, as long as people laugh that's just fine.

12. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    I want to be remembered as a warrior. I want to be remembered as somebody who always fought tooth and nail for what mattered most. I want to be remembered as someone who had, above all else, unwavering willpower and strength.

But mostly, I just want to be remembered. I think that if I make so little of a difference that nobody remembers me, than I haven't really done anything positive. I don't want nothingness to be my legacy. I want, at the very least, for people to remember that I always wanted to do what was best for everyone, and that I would be fighting for it whenever possible.

13. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I really want to be remembered as someone who was open-minded. You know, I wasn't always the greatest role model, nor will I ever be. However, being open minded is something I really value in myself and in others. For me, being open minded really gave me so many opportunities and joy. I loved being able to be given the chance to truly understand something or someone because I thought it would make me or someone I know a better person. I want to be remembered as being open minded because I hope it inspires people to open up a bit, because where would we be if we weren't (back in the past)?

14. MrTimtendo

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    When I was a kid, I had (and still have) this dream of working for Nintendo; making games for them.

I want to be that guy making a giant impact and continuing to let Nintendo shine.

That being said, I want to be remembered as the awesome Nintendo gamer and nerd, along being seen as someone who has a pure heart and open mind and would just make people smile.

15. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I want to be remembered as the guy who put a bunch of innocent people in jail

You know, I start trends on accident a lot, I'm a really good trendsetter. Like that one time on LV when I changed my name like 4 or 5 other people followed suite in the same couple of days. That was cool. In pep band I played that one overplayed ending to songs and pretty soon everybody else was doing it and ruining my groove.

I have many many more examples of how I have set trends. Here's the dealio: I almost never get credit for it.

I want to be remembered as the guy who set trends, as the guy with a lot of original, creative ideas. I also would love to be remembered as a person who respected everybody else and their opinions even if he didn't agree with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.