1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

☆~Legendary MoNormal~☆

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by ☆~L-A~☆, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ☆~L-A~☆

☆~L-A~☆ 「空白」

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Hello, and thank you for visiting my Mono Normal RMT thread! In here I would be asking people for feedback on my current Monotype team.

So basically, I originally thought that because people never use Normal Teams, and it isn't that common, I can make a pretty good Normal team that is unexpected and powerful. I truly believe in Normal Types' abilities to change the Meta.

A Slight Glance of my Team
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Yeah, I gotta admit, it looks really annoying and generic. But with the right predictions, setups and builds it can be pretty menacing.

A closer, more detailed look

Chansey (Louise)
    [​IMG]
    Item: Eviolite
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: +Def -Att
    EVs: 252 Def and SpDef, 4 HP
    Moves:
    - Heal Bell
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Seismic Toss

So obviously, I wanted a pretty strong Special Wall, and what is better than Chansey? I usually give it more Defense because I don't trust a pretty weak Physical attacker to kill it in one hit with Fake Out or Powerup Punch. It actually does really well, and helps out all of its teammates with Heal Bell and Wish. Seismic Toss is there cor the obvious Taunts that ruin Chansey.

Staraptor (Sylpheed)
    [​IMG]
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Ability: Reckless
    Nature: +Att -SpAtt
    EVs: 252 Att and Spe, 4 HP
    Moves:
    - Brave Bird
    - Double Edge
    - Close Combat
    - U-Turn

Staraptor is actually a really great counter against Steel Types and Fighting Types since it has Brave Bird and Close Combat to deal with them. Although Powerful, it is pretty frail and can't take much hits. I know that Choice Band is better than Choice Scarf, but it has helped me more than Choice Band. Also, a 377 Att Brave Bird or Double Edge is pretty deadly. It doesn't like stealth rocks though.

Meloetta (Yui)
    [​IMG]
    Ability: Serene Grace
    Item: Life Orb
    Nature: +Spe -Def
    EVs: 252 Spe, 128 Att and SpAtt
    Moves:
    - Close Combat
    - Relic Song
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Punch

Meloetta is by far the Ace Pokémon of this team. It is usually the one destroying a whole team of 6, or terribly crippling a team of 6. Serene Grace Boosts the chances I have of Sleep, Paralyze and Freeze up to 20%, which is actually good. As soon as I see a Bisharp or any Dark Type, I use Relic Song to switch to Pirouette form and Close Combat everything in her path. Then again, I always use Relic Song in the first place just because the Sleep hax is just so good. I have Ice Punch against the pesky flying types like Landorus and Dragon types like Dragonite. Thunderbolt is there in case of really bulky water types. As you can see, my team is very steel-type ready.

Porygon2 (Akihisa)
    [​IMG]
    Item: Eviolite
    Ability: Download
    Nature: +SpAtt -Att
    EVs: 252 Def and SpDef, 4 SpAtt
    Moves:
    - Tri Attack
    - Charge Beam
    - Toxic
    - Recover

This one is a pretty generic Porygon2. The only difference is that it has Download and Charge Beam instead of Trace and Thunderbolt. It is actually amazingly bulky, with a non-eviolite defensive stats of 279 and 289 respectively. I have Charge Beam because if I get a bonus + SpAtt boost, I can spam it to reach ×3 or 4 or even 2.5 and start spamming Tri Attack. I use Toxic and Recover to avoid fainting against relatively powerful Pokémon. It is pretty annoying and stally, but I do whatever it takes to win and have fun in the process. It takes a massive Close Combat from a Terrakion like a boss, surviving at 45-35% left, allowing a free Recover/Toxic, but after that I need to be careful.

Lopunny-Mega (Tomoyo)
    [​IMG]
    Item: Loppunite
    Ability: Limber -> Scrappy
    Nature: +Att -SpAtt
    EVs: 252 Att and Spe, 4 HP
    Moves:
    - Fake Out
    - High Jump Kick
    - Frustration
    - Ice Punch

Yes, I love Ice Punch so much. It can counter so many threats I have. Limber is there in case of Thunderus-Is with Thunder Wave. I can just Switch In safely when I know it's going to use Thunder Wave or Taunt against a non-mega Loppuny. It can then Fake Out anything. Even Gengar or Jellicent, thanks to Scrappy. Frustration is there in case of Dittos copying my set, and possibly ruining me completely. High Jump Kick is there to Auto Kill anything in its path that doesn't resist it.

Ditto (Hello Self x3)
    [​IMG]
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Ability: Imposter
    Nature: Random
    EVs: 252 HP
    Moves:
    - Transform

Ditto is by far the most annoying and at times, most important member of the team. It copies absolutely any threat I face such as a x4 Att and Spe Dragonite that's crippled and turns tables around. It is also pretty useful because it can copy a support Pokémon or a Hazard setter like Galvantula and Landorus and give them the same Hazards as I have. Its only problem is its HP though. It has really limited HP and I must use it wisely.

So there you have it. My Mono Normal team!

Current Threats
    - Mega Loppuny which is faster than anything I have. This thing can literally break my team with High Jump Kick and Fake Out. I can only Counter it using Ditto but other than that, I'm dead.

- Fighting types with high attack and Fighting Priorities. These can absolutely one punch every Pokémon I have after a Swords Dance or Nasty Plot. I really need to be careful of them, especially Infernape, Breloom, and Conkeldurr.

Other than these, I have no other threats to my team. It has done really well and almost beat the #1 OU player in a battle. (I challenged him to a battle) It was a really close game, but he ended up Victorious with a 1-0 win using an Ambipom with 3% HP remaining. I was pretty pleased with its performance.

One Last Look of the MoNormal Team
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thank you for taking your time to check out my Monotype team. Please give me feedback and tips on how to improve my team. All feedback and tips are greatly appreciated~

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    The only way to improve this by my looks is if you change Loppunny to a Sub Power Up Punch which is an amazing Stallbreaker which is the only bad thing I can see with this team. Well done!

SubPunch Set for Lopunny

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
    Ability: Limber
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Substitute
    - Power-Up Punch
    - Drain Punch
    - Return

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Overall, this team seems rather standard, especially for a Mono Normal.

MoNormal is a fantastic take on the metagame, though I'm actually a little confused as to how you have such a huge problem against Fighting. Brave Bird on Staraptor is plenty enough to take care of Fighting types the majority of the time, but you could always replace Thunderbolt on Meloetta for Psychic/Psyshock if you so choose.

The only real improvement I could suggest to the team is placing Focus Sash on Ditto instead of Choice Scarf. I've used Scarf Ditto and Sash Ditto--both are good-though I prefer Sash. Sash Ditto just has a lot of versatility to it, and doesn't force it to be stuck on one move, which is great for when switches happen unexpectedly to a staller of some sort.

Also, placing 252 Spe on it would prove useful. No nature other than Docile, Serious, etc is necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.