1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event's in X/Y, could they have been better?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by sohrob101, Sep 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    Something in X and Y I wanted to discuss about are the events in the game. When X and Y was still in development I speculated with a friend and wondered if the events in the game will just be Pokémon given to us, or if we will get some interaction with the events. One of my favorite events to this date is from the spin-off game "Pokémon Ranger, Manaphy Egg Event." By far this story event was really fun due to how interactive it was and how it connected to the actual story of the game too. Pokémon Diamond and Pearl also had some nice interactive events too for that matter, even allowing you to capture some of the event Pokémon instead of just receiving them. In X and Y we almost got to that interactive event system again, except instead of having events that let us catch a certain Pokémon, it was mostly just events of actually having the Pokémon with you. I cannot say anything about Volcanion yet as it hasn't really gotten an official event. But I will speak about Diancie and Hoopa. In X and Y Diancie event was really nothing much...just a few text messages and then there you have it. With Hoopa all it did was open a new text option from an NPC who tells you about Hoopa and it's secrets, it's only in Omega Ruby and Sapphire where these events seem more enhanced and different. I honestly didn't like these events because again, I didn't do much to receive these Pokémon, nor did these Pokémon trigger anything cool to be honest. What do you guys think of the X and Y Events? Think they could have been better? Do you hope future events are more interactive, longer, and maybe allow the user to catch the Pokémon instead of just receiving it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    my main problem with events is that they are simple collectors items. I personally have little use for a level 50-70 legendary. So I'd prefer lower levels of event Pokémon. It would also be really cool if they had a little more impact on the game, which I think is what your talking about... though to be fair I don't really know. I will agree that they just seem to be handing out free stuff with little work, now if only they would do a victini event. I still need one of those.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    Yeah, it would have been so much better if there was more that you could do with the events. The Diancie thing was just boring. I could've skipped all that text and I wouldn't even regret it.

I really liked the events back in Gen 3 where you would be given an item that allows you to visit a secret island (catching Mew was pretty annoying, but it was cool).

4. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    #hoopa/volcanionrumors <-- WHY WASN'T THAT A THING

5. CountessGardevoir

PokéPoints:
    ₽350.5
    While I don't mind the simple reception method, I think they could have done a bit better; maybe something like the Celebi/Zorua event from the early Black and White days

Oh, and a way for people to get them in-game

6. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I really wish they could have been more creative or at least a quest at the least. I didn't find any value in just being given the event when I could have perfectly gone by with a quest to make acquiring the Pokémon so much more valuable. I mean I didn't even have to pay attention when getting something. It was so utterly boring, I would have loved to see events unfold rather than just dialogue through it all.

7. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    The events have definitely been getting more and more lackluster to an extent in which they are just turning into just gifts rather than an interactive event. I like how there are new locations to explore with an event Pokémon and how you actually have to do something with some sort of a story line that the event Pokémon is involved with. Places like Navel Rock, Liberty Island, Mirage Island, were all really neat and unique from the rest of the game. The fact that X/Y events have been seriously on hold has also made things incredibly disappointing. If things such as Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, and other Pokémon were discovered so quickly through hacking, I don't think that Gamefreak really prepared themselves to handle the timing of unreleased Pokémon.

I'm still waiting for AZ's Floette and getting into the closed areas of the Kalos Power Plant.

8. CountessGardevoir

PokéPoints:
    ₽350.5
    Still for AZ's Floette? Same @[member="Bloom"]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.