1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

ruby red strings of fate || pari's or wedlocke

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Pari, Sep 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    [​IMG]
    alternate title: pari presents probs the least romantic wedlocke e v e r t b h​
    I will!! Actually remember!!! To update this one I promise okay yeaH.
    not gonna do a storylocke because t bh that was a p ai n​
    so, wedlocke!! rlly interesting tbh gonna be fun >vO​
    {something old, something new
    something borrowed, something blue}

Rules;
    Rule #1: is that you gotta have fun if a Pokémon faints, they are considered dead and must be boxed.
    Rule #2: you may only catch the 1st eligible Pokémon on each route.
    • dupes clause is in effect. extends to evolutionary lines and is in effect regardless if a Pokémon is dead or alive.
    • shiny clause is in effect. shinies encountered may be caught but cannot be used unless eligible.
    • gender clause is in effect. if you have 1, 3, or 5 Pokémon on your team, ignore any encounters that are of the gender you have the most of, e.g., if you have two males and one female, you ignore any male Pokémon encounters.
    • genderless Pokémon cannot be caught and do not count as encounters.
    Rule #3: Pokémon must be nicknamed. strengthen the bond so it hurts more when they fall.
    Rule #4: Pokémon are partnered and fight together in pairs.
    • party consists of 3 teams of 2 Pokémon - 1 male (♂) and 1 female (♀). they are married!!!!
    • Pokémon are only paired while in party. boxed Pokémon are single and will not mingle unless a party Pokémon dies.
    • Pokémon that are in the party but not paired are "lone wolves". they must find another partner asap, but can still fite. cannot be switched out tho.
    • only Pokémon that are married can fite alongside each other. can only switch from one Pokémon to its partner.
    • if a Pokémon in a pair dies, its partner must finish the fight or die trying. if it survives it must be paired asap.
    • Pokémon are paired for good unless they die. they are married!!!! happily!!!! no divorces here unless death.
    • active pairs may be switched at any time outside of battle.
    Rule #5: Pokémon may not be deposited from the party to the box.
    • obv Pokémon that are caught and sent to the pc are exempt.
    • a Pokémon can only be withdrawn to replace the fallen.
    • boxed Pokémon are not paired until in the party.
    • hm Pokémon can be swapped into the party, but cannot battle. must be returned when task is finished.
    Rule #6: exp share is off.
    Rule #7: challenge is considered over once all plot-based legendary Pokémon have been defeated. (ends w/ deoxys and delta episode basically).

*encounters dont count until pokeballs are obtained lol

uh so embarrassing thing is that i kinda dont have my or cartridge with me yet lol it might be a couple hours but i wanted to get me thread up :^)))))))))​
    so bear with me here​
    badges || deaths
    03 || 00
    ~~ the party ~~
    OSIRIA ROSE
    Icarus && Ivy
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    ♂ | ♀
    Lv. 23 | Lv. 21​
    Blaze, Hardy | Quick Feet, Hasty​
    - Rock Tomb | - Tackle​
    - Peck | - Swagger​
    - Flame Charge | - Snarl​
    - Double Kick | - Thief​
    GLOXINIA
    Astrid && Mason
    [​IMG][3D='linoone']​
    ♀ | ♂
    Lv. 22 | Lv. 22​
    Keen Eye, Jolly | Pickup, Bold​
    - Steel Wing | - Headbutt​
    - Water Pulse | - Rock Smash​
    - Supersonic | - Tail Whip​
    - Wing Attack | - Pin Missile​
    LILAC
    Thorn && Dmitri
    [​IMG][3D='shroomish']​
    ♀ | ♂
    Lv. 22 | Lv. 21​
    Shield Dust, Bold | Poison Heal, Quiet​
    - Venoshock | - Mega Drain​
    - Psybeam | - Headbutt​
    - Poison Powder | - Stun Spore​
    - Gust | - Leech Seed​
    . : the fallen : .
    none lets keep it that way lol​
    _- the boxed -_
    [​IMG] | [​IMG] | [​IMG] | [​IMG] | [​IMG] | [​IMG]
    [​IMG] | [​IMG] | [​IMG] | [​IMG]| [​IMG]
    {'cause we could be immortals, immortals,
    just not for long, for long
    and live with me forever now,
    pull the blackout curtains down,
    just not for long, for long.}

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Nate likes this.
  2. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    So are you giving a log or are you just updating teams? Also, "red strings of fate"? seriously?!?!

Any way I am looking forward to this! Don't die!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I can honestly say I have absolutely no clue how I'm gonna upd8 this. Whatever I spit out rn might not even be consistent lol.
    Yes, red strings of fate. I saw the opportunity and took it.

I'll try me best. o7

I. Alea iacta est.
    So to start us off, p much skipped thru all the introduction stuff cuz I know all this. Entered my trainer info, all that jazz. Pari, F, blah blah blah. Made my exit from the moving truck and movd into the attic of our new house. Hope mom likes to sleep at the dinner table, unless she sleeps in my bed when I'm not home.
    How r00d.
    "Set the clock" and by that I mean I pressed the A button in front of it. Back in my day we had to manually set the time! Pssshhhh all this fancy digital crap is nonsense.
    Missed dad on the tv and tbh not sure why I'm typing all this out cuz honestly??? Most of y'all have played a Hoenn game so u guys know how all this goes down lol.
    Anyways barged into Prof. Birch's home and met his son Brandon. Wait no. Brendan. Gosh darn it I've played this game before I swear. Actually not this game. Alpha Sapphire but w/e. DETAILS.
    After engaging in short small talk headed out into route 101. You know the drill. Helped the good professor out. Chose my starter!! Which for this run won't count as an encounter.
    Stater absolutely trashed the level 3 Poochyena. B) Birch took me back to the lab and I obtained&nicknamed starter.
    Meet Icarus! Which is.... Probably one of the worst names you can give a fire bird Pokémon. @mythological Icarus: Sorry dude.

[3D='torchic']​
    Icarus
    Lv. 5 | ♂
    Blaze, Hardy​
    - Scratch​
    - Growl​
    - Ember​
    Relationship status: Single 'n rdy 2 mingle​
    Nice neutral nature. Not the best, but far from the worst. I already love Icarus, he 2-shotted the Poochyena with Ember and burned it on the first shot. Nice.

Obligatory Pokéball clause as I go to train up Icarus to level 6 for the upcoming battle with Not-Brandon. Obtained Potions from the obligatory Pokemart guy. Swag.
    Easily beat Brendan and he healed up my fire chicken and then went back to the lab, obtained Pokeballs and the Pokédex then headed back to 101 to start my journey. After saying bye to mom, of course.
    VERY slowly and carefully made my way over to Brendan for the obligatory Poochyena.
    Gender clause kicked in, so I guess I won't be getting an Ice Fang Pooch. Lady Fortuna likes me I guess, cuuuz she gave me another Poochyena. After several more gender clauses tho lol.
    Meet Ivy!!
    [3D='poochyena']​
    Ivy
    Lv. 2 | ♀
    Quick Feet, Hasty ​
    - Tackle​
    Relationship status: MARRIED​
    YAY MARRIAGE!!!!!!​

Hasty's slightly concerning, but could be worse I suppose. Would have preferred Run Away as well, but tbh I'm happy with her. Gonna train her up to at least level 5 with the bait-n-switch method so yeah.

K now that that's over with, gonna get my route 103 catch. After a single dupes clause, we got a Wingull! Welcome to the team, Astrid!

[3D='wingull']​
    Astrid
    Lv. 3 | ♀
    Keen Eye, Jolly​
    - Growl​
    - Water Gun​
    Relationship status: single n rdy 2 mingle​
    Whyyyyy, Jollyyyyyyy. REALLY BAD. But I can't deposit her, so she's here to stay. Not gonna lie though, she'll be useful for Brawly's gym so there's that! Not gonna train her yet though, she can't safely be trained quite yet as she has no partner to switch in to.

Can we all take a moment to mourn the loss of a Ralts due to gender clause. ;A; It was female.... And of course, the male Pokémon that would come up is a Zigzagoon. Linoone's are rlly great though so it's not a complete loss.

[3D='zigzagoon']​
    Mason
    Lv. 2 | ♂
    Pickup, Bold​
    - Tackle​
    - Growl​
    YAY MARRIAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!​
    I'm not entirely sure that Pickup makes for a nature that lowers attack, but oh well. I think I'm gonna leave off here so I can train our two newly wedded couples. Say congrats, everyone! Yaaaay!

Ok bye.

4. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    zigzagoon.. *sniff* poor pixelz.
    Seriously I don't know why, but I had this Zigzagoon, and it died fighting Maxie, and now I get the tiniest bit emotional over other ziggs.
    Good luck, hope things continue to look up. can't wait for more. Yay marriage.

5. Pitmore

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    This sounds like Mag' and Red's Locke...

KEP ON GOING DIS IS GUD!

Also, should've named it KFP (Kentuky Fried Pit)

No-one? Ok...

6. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I will try me best to keep Mason alive o7

KFP is just cruel
    pit is gr88 im sm4sh tho i lov pit

II. Mala herba cito crescit.
    Last night after I ended, I trained my whole team up to level 8. It was kinda a pain when I ran outta trainers on 102 lol. But anyway, helped Wally catch a Ralts (>_>) in Petalburg and talked to my dad for a lil. After getting the handy advice to go to Rustboro, I went on to route 104!
    It was bound to happen eventually.

[3D='wurmple']​
    Thorn
    Lv. 2 | ♀
    Shield Dust, Bold​
    - Tackle​
    - String Shot​
    Relationship status: not married yeT​

Not bad, honestly. Can't train her up yet tho, as she still needs a partner to safely switch into. Trained up against the trainers on route 104. Gave the little boy a Potion because I'm nice like that. Also, stupid rich boy Winston gosh darn it.
    I got really lucky in Petalburg Woods! Meet Dmitri, everyone!!

[3D='shroomish']​
    Dmitri
    Lv. 5 | ♂
    Poison Heal, Quiet​
    - Absorb​
    - Tackle​
    - Stun Spore​
    YAY MARRIAGE!!!!!!!!!!​
    Nature could be better, but Quiet's not bad at all! And we officially have a full team now, so gender clause will no longer be in effect unless I lose someone and don't have an immediate replacement. Yay marriage!
    "Hello, have you seen any Pokémon called Shroomish around here?"

Hmmm, not a single one. Sorry, man.

Ivy is most definitely the better Poochyena. One Magma nerd down, many, many to go. Got the EXP Share and turned it off. Cleared out Petalburg Woods to train in there later ooooo. Spoopy cutscene to a single Magma grunt.
    Ivy learned Bite. Excellent.

Training up the Pokémon to an acceptable level, like around 10 or so. Thorn's gonna be a pain tbh. Talked to Brendan in Rustboro when I arrived. Grinding montage is real. IDK if you guys have noticed, but I actually play through the game as I write these lol.
    While grinding, Thorn evolved!!
    [3D='cascoon']​
    Thorn
    Lv. 7 | ♀
    Shed Skin, Bold​
    - Tackle​
    - String Shot​
    - Poison Sting​
    - Harden​
    Grinding is a pain, so as soon as most of my team was level 10 and above, I set off to train in a more higher leveled area.
    After a little bit more grinding, Thorn is officially the first Pokémon to evolve, and the first fully evolved Pokémon!

[3D='dustox']​
    Thorn
    Lv. 10 | ♀
    Shield Dust, Bold​
    - Tackle​
    - String Shot​
    - Poison Sting​
    - Gust​
    Headed straight for the Rusturf Tunnel to get the Whismur encounter. Since it's the only Pokémon, I can call dupes if I find one on Route 116 and don't end up wasting a catch. And our first boxed Pokémon!
    [3D='whismur']​
    Mike
    Lv. 10 | ♂
    Soundproof, Adamant​
    - Pound​
    - Echoed Voice​
    - Astonish​
    Route 116 catch!
    [3D='taillow']​
    Cameron
    Lv. 6 | ♂
    Guts, Rash​
    - Peck​
    - Growl​
    - Focus Energy​
    Adamant's not bad for Mike, and Cameron's good backup should I need it. Decent catches all around.

Gonna end the update here to train for Roxanne. Probs gonna end up using Dmitri the entire time lol. Byeeee! o/

7. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Please donut kill anyone at Roxanne, that would suck. Be careful for the Nosepass n stuff :S Other than that you seem to be doing pretty well, but good luck o/

8. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    theres nothing much to say lol

III. Veni vidi vici.
    SO MUCH ANGER.

first, i lost my catch in granite cave because i found an abra!!!! but the ultra ball failed!!!!!!!!!!!
    and then i accidentally closed the tab!!!!! and lost the update,,,,,,,,,

so tl; didnt want to write again

Dmitri rekt Roxanne's gym, got to Dewford. Obtained old rod and caught a thing in Dewford.

[3D='magikarp']​
    Russel
    Lv. 10 | ♂
    Swift Swim, Lax​
    - Splash​
    Hopefully no one is surprised lol.

Spent my anger using Astrid and sweeping Brawly's gym. I feel better now. Second badge get!!

Met Steven and delivered the letter! Got Steel Wing as well and taught it to Astrid. With our job in Dewford done, we headed onto Slateport to deliver the Devon Goods to Stern!

Of course, the good captain can wait a bit, ahaha. Gotta get that training up on the beach!!
    Several extremely close calls - I didn't realize Carvanha got Aqua Jet so early. Focus Energy = crit Aqua Jet + Icarus = 1 HP. Scariest moment of the entire run so far.
    But it paid off!

[3D='combusken']​
    Icarus
    Lv. 16 | ♂
    Blaze, Hardy​
    - Scratch​
    - Peck​
    - Ember​
    - Double Kick​
    I also grabbed the catch for route 109. If I lose a female Pokémon I'm screwed.

[3D='tentacool']​
    Cal
    Lv. 5 | ♂
    Clear Body, Bold​
    - Poison Sting​
    - Supersonic​
    Once that was settled, went to the shipyard to talk to Doc. He directed me to the museum, where I had seen Magma grunts. Time to fite some nerds.
    Successfully saved Stern and fought some nerds. B)

Oh...... Oh nO.....
    contests

i only did it to get the cosplay pikachu
    counts as my encounter for slateport!!

[​IMG]
    Marceline
    Lv. 20 | ♀
    Lightning Rod, Docile​
    - Quick Attack​
    - Electro Ball​
    - Thunder Wave​
    - Draining Kiss​
    Finally a female Pokémon omg. Aaaaand just as I say that, route 110 catch lol.

[3D='electrike']​
    Selene
    Lv. 13 | ♀
    Static, Adamant​
    - Leer​
    - Howl​
    - Quick Attack​
    - Spark​
    This is by far the worst nature I've ever gotten so far in this run. I am angry. Also im running out of colors omg

anyway, gonna end here for the night. byeee guys!

badges || deaths
    02 || 00

9. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Ah sweet, a Magikarp! That's awesome! You should only use him for the rest of the game, it won't disappoint! Just... don't do something stupid like evolving it or something, that would be a horrible thing to do >.>

Jk have a good run o/

10. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    i should do a magikarplocke tbh

IV. Quidquid latine dictum, altum videtur.
    So if anyone like, actually pays attention to the first post, Ivy evolved! Now shes a Mightyena. <3

[3D='mightyena']​
    Ivy
    Anyway, the fight with Brendan had me worried a little bit, cuz I didn't have a good way of going about with it.
    Turned out Astrid and Mason did just fine. Astrid easily took care of Slugma and Shroomish, and they tagteamed the Marshtomp with Supersonic and Tail Whip until Wing Attack finished it off.
    Bide is scary.

The battle against Wally was just sad tbh. Ivy took Ralts down easily. After that, finally got the mach bike!
    Went on route 117 to battle the trainers and get a catch. Also to go to Verdanturf and visit Wally and stuff.
    Route 117 catch!

[3D='roselia']​
    Pax
    Lv. 14 | ♂
    Natural Cure, Jolly​
    - Growth​
    - Poison Sting​
    - Stun Spore​
    - Mega Drain​
    I'm extremely annoyed by the fact that I continue to get great catches with horrible natures.

Went to route 118 as well. I'll catch something later when I can get Surf and stuff lol.

Ivy and Icarus blew through the gym lol. Ivy took care of the Magnemite and the Voltorb, and Icarus took the Magneton. Teamwork yo. Third badge get!

Helped out Wanda with all that jazz and got an Aggronite. Headed onto route 111 and challenged the Winstrate family.
    It's so annoying that so many Pokémon had an Oran Berry. Like chill. Whatever though. Icarus and Ivy did all the work.
    Went back to heal and I'll continue tomorrow. Shorter update today, but hey, a badge was obtained!

badges || deaths
    03 || 00

11. Pitmore

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ROSELIA

:o Keep this up pari, I leik it!

Dun let that roselia die or I will feed you too the numels >:(

12. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I haven't even noticed until now that you updated ages ago lol. XD

But so far so good right? I would probably have lost one since Wattson tends to be a bit of a team breaker, especially if you don't have type advantage.

13. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    thats if i even use Pax lol

so far so good, hopefully

V. Ubi fumus, ibi ignis.
    I'm actually really mad rn. I went back to Route 111 to progress, and my encounter comes from the rock smash rocks. Sigh.
    Anyway meet my new catch.

[3D='geodude']
    Hilda
    Lv. 13 | ♀
    Sturdy, Lax​
    - Mud Sport​
    - Rock Polish​
    - Rollout​
    - Magnitude​

Not bad, actually. Not bad at all.
    Anyway, continued on. Battled the interviewers! Icarus and Ivy did all the work to be honest. They're gr888 I love them.
    "Feelings about the battle?"
    "meme"

Started along route 111! Battling trainers, gaining EXP, all that jazz.
    had a really scary moment with a sandshrew and magnitude 8
    mason survived with 4HP arceus bless

Talked with Brendan a bit, and he healed my team! Which is a shame since I used two Super Potions </3. But PP regain is always very nice. He also gave me HM04! Strength is actually a nice move, good for Mason.
    Speaking of Mason....

[3D='linoone']
    Mason

Apparently it's cool for Hikers to use Numels now. Aight, I c u. But anyway, Magma grunts blocking the cable car so now we gotta go through the Fiery Path.

[3D='numel']
    Christopher
    Lv. 15 | ♂
    Rash, Oblivious​
    - Ember​
    - Focus Energy​
    - Magnitude​
    - Fire Burst​
    Nice, nice.

Battled a dude, got some berries, and oh look! a route 112 catch.

[3D='machop']
    Thomas
    Lv. 15 | ♂
    Naughty, Guts​
    - Karate Chop​
    - Foresight​
    - Low Sweep​
    - Seismic Toss​
    Not bad, not bad.

Anyway, progress! Met Aarune and got TM94, Secret Power! Aw yiss. Not that I ever really.... use it...
    "What do you say when you're happy?"
    "fite me irl"

Rested at the rest house and then battled some peeps, rested again. Fun times wooo. Met Brendan again at route 113, and healed them.... When they didn't need it. :')
    Route 113 catch iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis...

[3D='sandshrew']
    Steven
    Lv. 15 | ♂
    Adamant, Sand Veil​
    - Rollout​
    - Rapid Spin​
    - Fury Cutter​
    - Magnitude​

Very nice. Steven is so fab. s/o to @[member="Sanctuary"] u scrub
    (bigger scrub than me, no no u's or loopholes)
    Continuing on our merry way. I may not have the best matchup ever... Poor Thorn. Survived the Numel's Sunny Day-boosted Lava Plume with 5HP. Arceus bless.

Finally made it to Fallarbor, met Lanette, and we'll wrap it up there.
    badges || deaths
    03 || 00

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.