1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Lake Valor Premier League (LVPL)

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by East, Dec 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    [​IMG]
    This is the Lake Valor Premier League, where people battle each other in teams. It's similar to @[member="Reborn"]'s Lake Valor Draft League, except the drafting round drafts players themselves.​
    [​IMG]
    1. SIGNUPS - Any members interested must sign up by replying to this thread. The appropriate form for this will be at the bottom.
    2. PICKING TEAM CAPTAINS - Captains are going to be selected by two things: eligibility and a random selector. Since we have a theme of lakes on the forums (we ARE Lake Valor, after all!), it only seems fitting to have the teams be named after the major lakes in the series: Verity, Valor, Acuity, Rage, and Sendoff! The mascots for each are Mesprit, Azelf, Uxie, Gyarados, and Giratina, respectively! If there are 3 to 7 people that have signed up, only 3 teams will be made (Verity, Valor, Acuity). If 8 to 14 people sign up, only 4 teams will be made (Verity, Valor, Acuity, Rage). If 15 or more people sign up, all five teams will be created! More on this will be discussed when the time comes.
      • CAPTAIN ELIGIBILITY: Must have at least 100 posts on the forums that go towards postcount (Spambox, Games Corner, and Chatot's Chatterbox do not count!) and at least 1 badge from the Lake Valor League (past and present gyms count for this) OR have won a match in the current LVDL by application deadline.
      • If you wish to become a captain and meet the above eligibility requirements, then please check the bottom of this post for the appropriate form to PM me with!
    3. DRAFTING PLAYERS - As with the LVDL, teams get to draft players in a certain order. However, their tier is determined at the time of their drafting--meaning that instead of drafting a Pokémon into a certain tier, you draft a player to play a certain tier. An example is below. ONLY team captains get to speak in the drafting chat with their pick, though they are more than free to talk with possible drafts about their decisions. Talking with other captains is allowed, but discouraged. Order of draft by team will be determined by the processed discussed in the next section.
      • Say Reborn is the captain of team Verity. Reborn drafted Nate for OU, but Nate wanted to be drafted for Random Battle! Unfortunately for Nate, he will have to prepare for OU battles, rather than for Random Battles unless Reborn decides to make a Switch (mentioned below).
    4. SWITCHING - Though trading players between different teams is not allowed, unlike Smogon's Premier League, there is Switching. This means that team captains can switch a player's tier after they have drafted them. There are no "Switch-Backs" under any circumstances during that week! Team captains MUST notify me of all switches so they can be posted here, or the players that aren't registered for their new tiers will have a loss recorded for their battles, regardless of the outcome!
      • Every week, each captain is required to make at least one Switch to change the format that two players battle with.
    5. BATTLING - Teams will face off in an all-out team round robin. Depending on the number of players each team has, there will be a different number of battles, and sometimes a player may have to battle twice per team match-up. No matter what, every team match-up will have an odd number of battles to ensure ease of score-keeping. The team with the most won battles wins! The overall winning team will be determined by the number of total match-ups won, with the MVP(s) being determined by the number of individual wins. Team captains act as managers of their teams, but they do not organize the battles between their members and other teams' members. All players must still organize their own battles with members of other teams. Players send their replays to their captains, who then send all of them AT ONE TIME to me. All replays will be added to this post.
      • An interesting quirk about this part of the LVPL is that you do not necessarily have to play all battles against another team. The majority of won battles (so, say 3 out of 5, for example) is what counts for the overall winning team. However, the incentive of playing all battles is the count towards MVP! Please note that any battle played must be recorded and sent to your captain!
      • Every matchup is to be "best of 3" format. Try to play all three battles for every matchup to increase your chances of getting MVP!
    6. CONFIRMING - I know that this is a longer post, but I need to know that you've read and understood everything. You can ask questions below or via PM, but when you sign up for the league, please PM me with the Subject as "LVPL and Gravy"
    [​IMG]
    Here's where things get interesting!​
    The order in which teams choose their players is determined mostly by the number of PokéPoints that are donated for a certain team! Both team captains and players may donate; team captains may donate to their own team or another team to adjust their draft pick order to their liking, and players may donate to any team they please as well. If you're generous enough to just donate to the LVPL even though you aren't participating, you too can decide to support a team if you like! The process of donating and determining the order of the draft will take one week from the end of signups. PokéPoints will also be used to buy special advantages against other teams!​
    An accompanying form for this is also at the end of this post. ​
    Regardless of the amount donated to LVPL, here is the breakdown of how PokéPoints are redistributed:​
    70% of the pot --> Winning team (evenly divided among all members)​
    30% of the pot --> MVP (evenly divided if multiple)​
    Current Pot: 33,000 PP!
    Special thanks to: @[member=Nauris] (20,000), @[member="Bionic Puppy"] (5,000), @[member="Reborn"] (5,000), and @[member=Kouhai] (3,000) for donating!
    Team Acuity information:
    Budget = 25,500 PP
    Spent = 0 PP
    Team Sendoff information:
    Budget = 7,500 PP
    Spent = 0 PP
    Advantages:
    5-Mon Win Scenario
    A battler is considered the victor of a match if they have defeated 5 of the opponent's Pokémon. One battle use only. Can be applied to a battle that has already been played, provided that the team using this item defeated 5 Pokémon before the opposing team did.​
    250 PP
    Select Type
    Monotype battles only. In effect for one entire week. Team can decide what type the opposing team must use for their monotype battles that week. Must be used the week before to allow preparation.​
    2,500 PP
    4-Mon Win Scenario
    A battler is considered the victor of a match if they have defeated 4 of the opponent's Pokémon. One battle use only. Can be applied to a battle that has already been played, provided that the team using this item defeated 4 Pokémon before the opposing team did.​
    500 PP
    Select Format Pokémon
    Team may force a Pokémon to be used in a format for an entire week. Pokémon must be legal in the selected format, and this must be used the week prior to allow for preparation. Chosen Pokémon cannot be in LC or LC Ubers.​
    750 PP
    One Legend Short
    For use with VGC 2016 only. The opposing team can use only one "power legendary" (Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina (both formes), Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem (all formes), Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde) for their VGC 2016 battles that week.​
    1250 PP
    * Only one Advantage may be used per format.​
    [​IMG]
    The formats that will be played will be determined by the number of signups, as well as the preference of the players themselves. Here is the list of tiers that are possible:​
    LV OU, Random Battle, UU, VGC 2015, VGC 2016, Ubers, Challenge Cup, Monotype​
    Finalized tiers are: LV OU, Random Battle, Monotype, and VGC 2016!
    [​IMG]
    Signup form:
    Showdown username:
    Timezone:
    Order of preference for tiers:
    Applying for team captain: (simply say yes or no)

Team captain form:
    (Remember to PM this to me! I won't consider any applications from this thread. I WILL be checking eligibility.)
    Showdown username:
    Timezone:

Donation form:
    (Just leave this as the message in the forum donation option)
    Amount:
    Donating for team:

• All LV rules apply
    • Follow the guidelines listed above. If these are broken, it may result in individual player suspension or entire team suspension for a week.
    • If you have questions... ASK!
    • Excessive trash talking is forbidden--know the fine line between friendly teasing and bullying!
    • Don't be a sore loser!
    • All battles take place on the LV battle server: http://lakevalor.psim.us/
    I will update this post as the LVPL continues!

[​IMG]
    Team Acuity
    Captain: [member=Kouhai] -- VGC 2016​
    [member=Endrew Swiftwind] -- Monotype​
    [member=Gengar's Grin] -- Random Battle​
    [member="Reborn"] -- LV OU​
    Team Sendoff
    Captain: [member=Bionic Puppy] -- LV OU​
    [member=Azure] -- Monotype​
    [member=Nature Lady] -- Random Battle​
    [member="Northwind's Call"] -- VGC 2016​
    [​IMG]
    Deadline || Date
    Signups -- January 6th (23:59 EST)
    Captain applications -- January 7th (23:59 EST)
    Team draft -- January 16th-18th
    Round one Battling -- January 31st (23:59 EST)​
    Round two Battling -- February 7th (23:59 EST)
    Round three Battling -- February 14th (23:59 EST)
    Round four Battling -- February 21st (23:59 EST)
    Round five Battling -- February 28th (23:59 EST)

2. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    I'm so glad you decided to go ahead with this league :D Definitely sounds interesting and I'd love to join.

Showdown username: rebornfx
    Timezone: GMT+0
    Order of preference for tiers: VGC 2016, LV OU, VGC 2015, Random Battles, Ubers, Monotype, Challenge Cup
    Applying for team captain: (simply say yes or no) No

Edit: Changed my tier preferences.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Filibuster

Filibuster School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽23.4
    Showdown username: Phable
    Timezone: GMT-7 (MST)
    Order of preference for tiers: Ubers > UU > LV OU > VGC 2015 > Challenge Cup > VGC 2016 > Monotype > Random Battle
    Applying for team captain: No

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Northwind's Call

PokéPoints:
    ₽91.5
    wonder how many people this will get

Showdown username: Northwind's Call (The Fifth Whisper on main server)
    Timezone: Pacific Standard (GMT-8:00)
    Order of preference for tiers: VGC 2016 > VGC 2015 > Challenge Cup > all the others idc i can do them if i have to i guess
    Applying for team captain: (simply say yes or no) I'm not that interested, but if you need one sure I guess.

5. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    Wish it were RU, not UU, but that doesn't affect my decision.

Showdown username: Endrew
    Timezone: EST
    Order of preference for tiers: Monotype, Random Battles, LV OU, Ubers, UU (i don't know what exactly the others are, but i could figure it out. Also, that's from best to worst.)
    Applying for team captain: (simply say yes or no): Nope. I don't meet the requirements.

6. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Showdown username: Doctor Ciel
    Timezone: GMT -5
    Order of preference for tiers: LV OU, Random Battle, Monotype, VGC 2016
    Applying for team captain: (simply say yes or no) No

7. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    While I'm here, I'll also post my own signup!

Showdown username: Kouhai
    Timezone: GMT-5 (EST)
    Order of preference for tiers: VGC 2016, LV OU, Random Battle, Challenge Cup, VGC 2015, Ubers, UU
    Applying for team captain: Yes

Just to note about everyone's signups so far:

Welcome to the league :)

If you could, please list the preference order of EVERY tier! Otherwise, welcome to the league :)

Please be sure to read everything in the Process section.

8. Northwind's Call

PokéPoints:
    ₽91.5
    man you know how to make a guy work kouhai

Showdown username: Northwind's Call (The Fifth Whisper on main server)
    Timezone: Pacific Standard (GMT -8:00)
    Tier Preference: VGC 2016 > VGC 2015 > Challenge Cup > Monotype > Random Battle > Ubers > LV OU > UU
    Applying for team captain: Not particularly interested, but I fill up all the reqs if you need a guy (I think so? should still have one of those badges)

East likes this.
  9. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    You're slowly but surely smogonifying this place

TBH - i was waiting for this, i'd suck at organizing it though!

Showdown username: Bionic Puppy, E4Bionic, Bubonic Puppy
    Timezone: GMT +0
    Order of preference for tiers: LV OU, Random Battle, Challenge Cup, Monotype, UU, VGC 2015, VGC 2016, Ubers,
    Applying for team captain: Yes

10. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Showdown username: Gengar's Grin
    Timezone: GMT-5 (EST)
    Order of preference for tiers: Random Battle, LV OU, Monotype, VGC 2016, UU, Ubers, VGC 2015, Challenge Cup

11. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    Give me all the battles

Showdown username: doomhound
    Timezone: EST -5
    Order of preference for tiers: VGC 2015, VGC 2016, Monotype, LV OU, Ubers, Challenge Cup, Random Battle

12. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    What's the deadline for sign ups? This looks cool, but I'm not sure if I'll have enough time to participate ;;

13. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    @[member=Nature Lady], @[member=Endrew Swiftwind], @[member=Bionic Puppy], @[member=Gengar's Grin], and @[member=Filibuster] have been added to the league!

@[member=Doomhound] please be sure to read everything in the Process section!

As for the entire league, I've added a Deadlines and Dates section! @[member="Blast"] to sum it up for you, you have until the 6th of January to sign up, and the 7th of January to apply for a captain spot! Also, I've added a short note to the Players section beside each player that has applied for a captain spot!

14. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    Showdown username: AzureEdge7
    Timezone: EST (GMT-5)
    Order of preference for tiers: LVOU, Monotype, Random Battle, Ubers, VGC 2015, VGC 2016
    Applying for team captain: (simply say yes or no)- Nope!

15. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Please make sure to read everything in the Process section!

16. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post on here as well as in the donation message so I'll post it here as well to be safe :P

Amount: 5,000 points
    Donating for team: Both Equally.

I'm assuming there will be two teams with one team having a sub?
    Also is it okay that I changed the order of my preferred tiers? If not that's okay and I'll change back.

17. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Here are some announcements for the LVPL!

Since only @[member="Bionic Puppy"] and I have expressed interest in becoming a team captain (that qualify), there will only be two teams for the league. Bionic is the captain of Team Sendoff, and I will lead Team Acuity! This also means there are going to be quite a few changes to the league processes, prizes, and rules in order to accommodate:

• The draft round with [member=Bionic Puppy] and [member=Kouhai] will consist of players being drafted for their teams. Players will be assigned a tier to battle the other team in a best-of-three each week. For example, if Kouhai and Bionic Puppy are assigned LV OU for their teams in week 1, they will battle a best-of-three round for the draft's first week. Whomever wins the most of three battles will take the win for their team with a maximum of 2 wins per round per week.
    • The order in which players were drafted will be knowledge limited to the captains ONLY.
    • The MVP will be determined first by team, then by comparison between the teams--this is to accommodate for one team possessing more players than another.
    • Since there are only two teams, the prize associated with the runner-up team has gone towards the winning team instead; the new prize for the winning team is 70% of the pot. Watch the OP to see the pot size each week!

To ensure I know everyone has read this reply, please like this post! (It saves time and messenger space.) If you don't give any indication of having read this by the time drafting rolls in, I'll PM you personally to make sure you're updated.
    Tagging: @[member="Gengar's Grin"], @[member="Bionic Puppy"], @[member="Azure"], @[member="Nate"], @[member="Nature Lady"], @[member="Endrew Swiftwind"], @[member="Northwind's Call"], @[member="Reborn"]

Bionic Puppy and I are still discussing a time for the drafting round, so stay tuned for an update!

Also, donations can be made towards teams or simply out of kindness! Donations, after the drafting round, will be used for the sake of neat advantages that will be revealed soon! Remember: the team with the most donations by the time drafting starts will get the first pick!

Finally... The results of which tiers will be played are finalized (organized by the most preferred to least preferred overall)! Be sure to start practicing in.....
    1. LV OU
    2. Random Battle
    3. Monotype
    4. VGC 2016

18. Filibuster

Filibuster School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽23.4
    tfw I hate all 5 of these, please remove me from the league.

19. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Done. I've also edited the update;

Team drafting is conducted normally, and we will not be using substitutes. Also, no need to prepare for VGC 2015!

20. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    Have the team drafts happened already out of curiosity? I'm looking forward to these battles :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.