1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

UPDATE - There's so much Pokémon in 2016!

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Pixel, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Time to empty your wallets, kids; Pokémon's turning 20​
    Hey guys, it's [member='AuraKnight'] bringing you a HUGE update of what's to come for Pokémon this year! No new main series games, but we're getting enough stuff to blow that out of the water and into outer space, so far away that even Deoxys can't infect it.

So, earlier today, The Pokémon Company International release a video on their YouTube page detailing things are are going to be released in the coming months of 2016, to coincide with Pokémon's 20th Anniversary. There's a lot to go through, and I'll probably be editing this as more details are announced, so let's get right to it.

[​IMG]

First off, the video starts by showing us that every single event Pokémon (excluding Gen VI and Deoxys, since it can be caught in the games as of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire) is going to be distributed at some point during 2016, for Pokémon X, Y Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Each Pokémon will be at Lv. 100, caught in a Cherish Ball, have the original Trainer GF but different ID numbers, and have a Classic RIbbon. The rough schedule seems to follow this pattern:
    • Mew in February; Mew will be distributed in GameStop stores across the US from February 1 to February 24, and as such will be a serial code event. It will know the move Pound, and will have no held item.
    • Celebi in March; Celebi will be distributed via the Nintendo Network from March 1 to March 24. It will know the moves Confusion, Recover, Heal Bell and Safeguard, and will have no held item.
    • Jirachi in April; Jirachi will be distributed via the Nintendo Network from April 1 to April 24. It will know the moves Wish, Confusion and Rest, and will hold the Salac Berry.
    • Darkrai in May; Darkrai will be distributed in GameStop stores across the US from May 1 to May 24, and as such will be a serial code event. It will know the moves Dark Void, Ominous Wind, Nightmare and Feint Attack, and will hold the Enigma Berry.
    • Manaphy in June; Manaphy will be distributed via the Nintendo Network from June 1 to June 24. It will know the moves Tail Glow, Bubble and Water Sport, and will have no held item.
    • Shaymin in July; Shaymin will be distributed via the Nintendo Network from July 1 to July 24. It will know the moves Seed Flare, Aromatherapy, Substitute and Energy Ball, and will hold the Micle Berry.
    • Arceus in August; Arceus will be distributed in GameStop stores across the US from August 1 to August 24, and as such will be a serial code event. It will know the moves Judgement, Recover, Hyper Beam and Perish Song, and will have no held item.
    • Victini in September; Victini will be distributed via the Nintendo Network from September 1 to September 24. It will know the moves Incinerate, Quick Attack, Endure and Confusion, and will have no held item.
    • Keldeo in October; Keldeo will be distributed via the Nintendo Network from October 1 to October 24. It will know the moves Aqua Jet, Leer, Double Kick and Bubble Beam, and will hold a PP Max.
    • Genesect in November; Genesect will be distributed in GameStop stores across the US from November 1 to November 24, and as such will be a serial code event. It will know the moves Techno Blast, Magnet Bomb, Solar Beam and Signal Beam, and will have no held item.
    • Meloetta in December; Meloetta will be distributed via the Nintendo Network from December 1 to December 24. It will know the moves Quick Attack, Confusion and Round, and will have no held item.
    [​IMG]

Next up, we have some special edition console news. In addition to the Gen I Pokémon 2DS Bundle, which I covered here, there will be a New Nintendo 3DS bundle released which contains both Pokémon Red and Blue version pre-installed onto the system, as well as two cover plates matching the box art for Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue. It has also been confirmed that there will be an international release of the special edition Nintendo 2DS bundles, excluding the Pokémon Green bundle. These bundles will come with one title pre-installed, which would be Pokémon Red, Blue or Yellow depending on your bundle, as well as a downloadable theme and a set of 15 stickers to customise your 2DS console with.

Next up, we have confirmation that a new Pokémon TCG expansion will be released, titled "Pokémon Generations". This seems to coincide with the rumour that the original Pokémon TCG sets will be reprinted, but there has been no confirmation of that as of yet. Also being release regarding the TCG will be special TCG box sets, which are called the "Mythical Collection". These box sets come with a promotional full-art card of the month's selected Mythical Pokémon, as well as a pin featuring the same Pokémon as the card, and an 2 Booster Packs form the Pokémon Generations expansion. Each different box will be released monthly, so we can assume that the other event-exclusive Pokémon will be getting this treatment too, in the same months as their distribution.

The video also annoucned that the Pokémon animated films Pokémon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back, Pokémon the Movie: 2000, and Pokémon the Movie 3 will be digitally remastered and released for public purchase, although this was announced last year and has already been released in some parts of the world. (I would know, since I received Mewtwo Strikes Back for Christmas last year).

A second version of the Red Nendoroid will be released on the Pokémon Center wesbite, called "Pokémon Trainer Red: Champion Version". It seems to retain it's design from the original Red Nendoroid, but comes with figures of Venusaur, CHarizard and Blastoise; 3 Pokémon that are on Red's team when you fight him as an NPC in almost all of his appearances. The box shown in the video seems much longer than a regular Nendoroid box, so we can assume that the actual Red Nendoroid is the same, but this includes the final form of the starters, as opposed to the base form release with the original Red Nendoroid.

A set of products titled "Pokémon 20th" will be release on the Pokémon Center website. These feature a design of a collage of Pokémon, with all the starters highlighted in either yellow or black, forming Pikachu's face, with the numbers "2" and "0" forming it's iconic red cheeks. The video showed that it will be featured on hats, mugs, lanyards, TCG deck boxes and card sleeves.

The video also showed brief footage of the games Pokémon Go and Pokken Tournament, to confirm that they will be released in 2016. No other information for either game was shown.

And that's all so far! What a huge news bomb, if I do say so myself. My fingers hurt because I like being the one who posts things first

Comment on your favourite memory with Pokémon, what you're excited for this year and what else you think will be announced in the coming months! Remember to use the hashtag #Pokemon20 when tlaking about Pokémon this year on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Shada, Smooshie, 8542Madness and 5 others like this.
  2. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    All those mythical Pokémon will be distributed? Yay! Time for me to expand my collection!

The thing I'm most excited for though is the remastered version of Pokémon Red/Blue. I really want to check out those games! I wonder if Missingno is available in them too...

Ahh, Pokémon. You've been with me for so long. Where would I be without you :')

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mweep

mweep The Roaming Legendary

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.3
    Quick question, was it new footage or just footage taken from the already released trailers

4. thunder2910

thunder2910 Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.6
    I'm looking forward to those mythical distributions since I don't have most of the ones listed. Also interested in the new TCG expansion since I haven't been lately buying any cards, so I try my best to buy these ones. Its a real shame that the Pokémon Centre site is restricted only to the U.S though :/ I wonder if they'll later announce a main series game.

5. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    The footage from the first Go trailer and the most recent movie featuring Shadow Mewtwo and Mega Lucario were used respectively.

mweep likes this.
  6. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    I am so getting that special edition New Nintendo 3DS 'cuz I'm really into Pokémon and cover plates :D

BUT SERIOUSLY I had no idea that the regular New Nintendo 3DS was already released in North America. I would've started saving up long ago if only I knew T_T

7. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Holy Poké-Pantheon, Crobatman!

That's all I can say. Right now I'm just wondering how many of these I will be able to get on AlphaSapphire and Z. Hopefully Z comes soon so I can make the most of that.

I am wondering if we're missing something in January...

8. thunder2910

thunder2910 Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.6
    Seems like EB Games have uploaded the special anniversary plushies, some of which will be released to coincide with the mythical distributions. Though none of the products appear to be matching the ones that are shown in that video. Its sooo pricey tho T_T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.