1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Anime/Manga What Are You Currently Watching/Reading?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sanctuary, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    Very simple thread. What anime are you currently watching, and what manga are you currently reading?

I'm currently watching a few Winter 2016 anime, while also juggling a few other ones, some of which I've put on hold for now. I won't include those since I haven't watched most of them in a while, and I'll probably just drop 1 or 2 of them soon.

My anime list:
    • Musaigen no Phantom World
    • Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm
    • Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
    • Norn9: Norn+Nonet
    • Oshiete! Galko-chan
    • Boku dake ga Inai Machi
    • Divine Gate
    • Sora no Method

The only manga I'm actively reading is K: Dream of Green, which has slowly been getting updated every couple weeks or so. A lot of the manga I used to read are now either on hold or I've just dropped them as a whole, simply because I've gotten really lazy and haven't felt like reading them lately.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mweep

mweep The Roaming Legendary

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.3
    In terms of manga, I'm keeping up on Assassination Classroom, Pokespe, and the Gamer(not really a manga, and starting to get boring ish though). In terms of anime, I just finished The Devil is a Part Timer(or all Hulu has) and have nothing at the moment. Rewatching Sherlock right now. In terms of books, I am currently reading Garth Nix's The Keys to the Kingdom series, and once I'm done(one book left!) I will read Here, There be Dragons

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. thunder2910

thunder2910 Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.6
    Well for anime I'm currently watching: Gintama
    Daily Lives of High school Boys

(though I'm going to have them on hold now because my classes are going to start up again soon, I have a strict policy to not watch or read while school; its incredibly distracting XD)

As for Manga: Soul Eater (finished watching the anime a few days ago, just have to finish reading it by end of next week)

Monthly reads include: Noragami, AoT, Platina End,

4. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Right now I'm watching Cardfight!!! Vanguard's third season Link Joker. After this, I'm gonna watch the fourth season, then move on to Haikyuu's second season (I hope it's finished by then since I don't wanna wait for updates).
    I don't read manga, but I guess I should get started on Shinsetsu Bobobo.

5. Tmo

Tmo Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.9
    Naruto is the only anime I actively watch / keep up with.

I watched 3 of the Fooly Cooly episodes and 13 of Yu Yu Hakusho so far. I have no idea what anime to watch anymore haha.

6. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    The Devil is a Part Timer was great, it was the 2nd anime I watched after I started getting into anime. :D I'm still hoping for a season 2 somewhere down the road.
    I think I started reading The Gamer a long time ago but quickly dropped it because it didn't interest me all that much.

And Daily Lives of Highschool Boy's was the anime that got me into anime! (Excluding the anime I watched as a kid, like Naruto, DBZ, etc.)
    It's one of the funniest anime I've seen and I'll always love it.
    I considered starting Gintama the other day because I've heard good things about it and it looks interesting, but the fact that it has 300+ episodes turned me away, because I know I'll probably never catch up lol. But still, I do want to start watching it at some point, even if I don't catch up anytime soon, so I may start doing that soon.

7. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    I just finished watching Spice and Wolf last night, so I'll watch Spice and Wolf II next. Probably. It'll probably fight the list of Fall 2015 anime I was recommended: One Punch Man, Charlotte, Sound!Euphonium, Your Lie in April, and Shirobako.

Yesterday I read Volume 3 of the Devil is a Part-Timer! light novels and the second volume of the Devil is a Part-Timer! High School! manga. As a result I really want more DiaPT anime. Or even more translated stuff, that'd be good too.

8. thunder2910

thunder2910 Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.6
    I had a bit of a dilemma too when I was considering to watch it because of its length. But I'm glad that I did. Fair warning though that the serious arcs don't begin until like 55 eps. That being said, the characters and comedy definitely makes it a worthwhile watch. :D

9. Sylar

Sylar Sailor

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    only fairy tail​
    maybe im going to watch the new digimon later on , who knows ​

10. Cay

Cay Ultralight Beam

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.0
    Right now, I'm watching...
    • DRRR!!
    • Monster Musume (aka lovely trash)
    • Osomatsu-san
    I'll update as my list goes on.

11. Nauris

Nauris The King of Konchus

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I'm currently only watching few anime, but I'm reading lot more manga.

Anime
    • Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V
    • Divine Gate
    • Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season
    For manga
    • One Piece
    • Shokugeki no Souma
    • Horimiya
    • Tate no Yusha no Nariagari

• Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
    • T-REX na Kanojo
    • Nukoduke
    • Helck
    • Keijo

• Mushoku Tensei - Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu
    • World Customize Creator
    • Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu: Dai-2 Shou - Yashiki no Isshuukan-hen
    Manhua
    • Douluo Dalu
    • Douluo Dalu 2
    • Doupo Cangqiong
    • Tales of Demons and Gods
    • Panlong
    • Zui Wu Dao
    • The Great Ruler
    Manhwa
    • Tower of God
    • The Gamer

I may have forgotten few ones.

12. TrainerRythin

TrainerRythin -- The Diamond Tactician --

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Haven't really been reading much manga, but I've been watching the new GATE episodes, and been working on Spice and Wolf, but I'm just too busy! Been watching Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions as well, it's highly enjoyable.

I suppose The Asterisk War was there too, but while I liked it, several parts are kinda cringey. Still going to watch any new episodes though.

13. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    For this season I'm only watching Prince of Stride, and even then I'm an episode behind ^^ (Haven't really been motivated)
    For manga, just Fairy Tail.

14. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    There's a few series I'm currently watching/reading that I really dislike. Prince of Stride I was looking forward to at the beginning of the season and after a promising first episodes, I had hope for the series to be a good new sports adventure but it was shattered. The animation's pretty and it's very colorful and that's the only thing that's good about it. Every time I see there's a new episode released I regret ever starting to watch it. Actually, probably gonna drop it, I don't like it. Besides that, my friend forced me to read this 11 year old 170 chapter long unfunny romcom manga. The main girl is so extremely mean, the mc is stupid and the rest of the characters have literally no substance, they might as well not even exist. What a piece of trash, the worst thing is I still have another 160 chapters to go. Please end the suffering >_>

15. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,269.2
    Right now, I'm only watching The Devil's a Part Timer because I'm an anime noob, but I am definitely looking to branch out and watch other animes eventually. And no, I have never read any manga either.

16. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    I'd like to point out the plural of anime is anime, not animes. You did it right with using manga as a plural for manga. Also, if you're looking for an easy way to get into reading manga, there's tons of free manga reader apps you can get on your phone. The one I personally use is MangaRock, but there's many others as well. Be warned though, I told my friend about MangaRock and he's doing very little else besides reading all the time though, in a mere two months he's already read at least 5 times the amount of manga I've read in my entire life >_>

17. Wyxamex

Wyxamex No Man

PokéPoints:
    ₽96.4
    Yesterday I finally started watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I'm not sure what to think of it just yet, but it's.. interesting I guess? =w=

18. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    A couple nights ago I finished reading Koe no Katachi and honestly that ruined me. But the ending was bittersweet, but it was a good ending imo.

I guess you could say I'm watching Yami Shibai?? My friend made us watch a couple episodes and I watched the first one last weekend. They're easy to get through so I'll probs start again.
    And Ga-Rei: Zero but tbh I'm still Not over the first episode.

19. Kuroshi Heki

PokéPoints:
    ₽193.3
    I'm currently watching
    Bleach,
    Cardcaptor Sakura
    Cowboy Bebop
    D.N. Angel
    Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge
    Fairy Tail
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
    Gintama
    God Eater
    Rave Master
    Guilty Crown
    Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha,
    Inuyasha
    The World God Only Knows
    Hitman Reborn
    Kekkai Sensen
    Parasyte
    Kishin Houkou Demonbane
    Kyou Kara Maou!
    Mondaji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu Yo?
    Mushrambo
    NIght Head Genesis
    Owari no Seraph Season 2
    Ranma 1/2
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Shakugan no Shana
    Ghost Hound
    Shugo Chara!! Doki
    Steins; Gate

As for my reading list the only ones I know I am reading are
    Tsubasa World Chronicle
    Pandora Hearts

20. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    According to my logs, I'm currently reading 100 manga. Not even kidding.
    [​IMG]
    However, in terms of what I've been reading long-term or recently, it would be:
    - Skip Beat
    - Last Game
    - Witch Workshop
    - Nekota no Koto ga Ki ni Natte Shikatanai
    - Red River
    - Fairy Tail

I have no shame in my love for shoujo manga.