1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Who's that Pokken-mon?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Pixel, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Sometimes I think of things to write, and sometimes this happens. Hint: I'm the wet one thx [member='Azure']
    [​IMG]
    Hey guys, [member='AuraKnight'] here bringing you a special article! Lately, we've been getting tons of Pokken news, and with the game coming out on the 18th of March, it's to be expected. But, exactly which Pokémon are in Pokken? Well, let's find out, shall we!

First, we'll start off with the playable characters. These are the Pokémon players will be able to choose to fight as and go up against.

[​IMG]
    First up we have Charizard, a Fire/Flying type Pokémon from Gen I, and one of the most iconic Pokémon out there. Being featured in another popular Nintendo fighter; Super Smash Bros. Brawl, where he stood along side other Gen I starters Squirtle and Ivysaur as 3 separate options for the character Pokémon Trainer to use, and For Nintendo 3DS/Wii U, where he finally took the spotlight and became a solo fighter, it was no surprise that the pseudo-dragon was added to the roster. In Pokken, he takes the role of a Power fighter, with moves such as Flamethrower, Fire Punch, Flare Blitz and Seismic Toss in his arsenal. His Burst Mode attack allows it to evolve into Mega Charizard X.

[​IMG]
    Next up we have Pikachu, an Electric type Pokémon from Gen I, and the Pokémon brand's iconic mascot. Much like his starter Pokémon pal Charizard, Pikachu has been in Super Smash Bros., although Pikachu has been an inclusion since its debut on the Nintendo 64. In Pokken, he takes the role of a Standard fighter, with moves such as Thunderbolt, Nuzzle, Electro Ball and Thunder in his arsenal. His Burst Mode attack involves a lot of electricity and slam manoeuvres.

[​IMG]
    In addition to regular Pikachu, we have Pikachu Libre, one of the forms of the recently introduced Cosplay Pikachu. She's an entirely different fighter from the regular Pikachu, but her fight style, moves and Burst Mode attack are currently unknown.

[​IMG]
    A familiar face to those following the Pokken scene, Machamp, a Fighting type Pokémon from Gen I, is our next competitor. He was shown to be in the game from it's first trailer, where he sparred with another playable character; Lucario. In Pokken, he takes the role of a Power fighter, with moves such as Beat Up, Cross Chop, Submission and Seismic Toss in his arsenal. His Burst Mode attack involves a lot of different fighting moves.

[​IMG]
    Next, we have Gengar, a Ghost/Poison type Pokémon from Gen I. Gengar was added into the game after winning the Twitter campaign for the most requested character. In Pokken, he takes the role of a Technique fighter, with moves such as Shadow Ball, Hypnosis, Shadow Punch and Curse in his arsenal. His Burst Mode attack allows him to evolve into Mega Gengar.

[​IMG]
    Mewtwo, a Psychic type from Gen I, also makes an appearance in this game. Like Pikachu, Charizard and Lucario, it has been a part of the Super Smash Bros. series, its debut being in Melee and then returning as the first DLC character in For Nintendo 3DS/WIi U. Its fight style, moves and Burst Mode attack are currently unknown, but it is said to "change" after using its Burst Mode attack.

[​IMG]
    The first "Boss Pokémon" of the game, Shadow Mewtwo is an alternate, yet seperate fighter, to the above character. This is the first we've heard of "Shadow Pokémon" outside of the Gen III games Coliseum and X D Gale of Darkness, and it doesn't look to be related to those instances as of yet. As well as being a "Boss Pokémon", Shadow Mewtwo can be unlocked and played as after certain requirements are met. Additionally, you can purchase a first-run copy of Pokken Tournament and receive a Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card, which allows for instant access to the dark beast. Its powers as of yet are completely unknown, but its Burst Mode attack allows it to evolve into Mega Mewtwo X, or rather, Mega Shadow Mewtwo X.

[​IMG]
    Moving on from Gen I, Suicune, a Water type Pokémon from Gen II and the only Gen II Pokémon playable so far, is a playable character in this game. Dubbed an "odd choice" by fans, Suicune is the only quadruped Pokémon playable in Pokken so far. In Pokken, it takes the role of a Standard fighter, with moves such as Aurora Beam, Hydro Pump, Mirror Coat and Blizzard in its arsenal. Its Burst Mode attack involves a lot of ice and causes the opponent to be shot upwards and frozen.

[​IMG]
    Moving on to Gen III, the first Pokémon from that generation is Sceptile, a Grass type Pokémon. He was unveiled only recently, so his fight style, moves and Burst Mode attack are unknown, but using it's Burst Mode attack allows it to evolve into Mega Sceptile.

[​IMG]
    Joining Sceptile on the "Gen III Starters" podium we have Blaziken, a Fire/FIghting type Pokémon. Blaziken was added into the roster on the day of the game's arcade cabinet release, despite being in a leaked screenshot nearly a year earlier. His fight style is Standard, but moves and Burst Mode attack are unknown. Using it's Burst Mode attack allows it to evolve into Mega Blaziken.

[​IMG]
    Now for all you fan-service junkies, we have Gardevoir, a Psychic/Fairy type Pokémon from Gen III. Gardevoir has appeared as a Poké Ball summon in the Super Smash Bros. series, but this is her first time acting as a fighter on the field. In Pokken, she takes the role of a Technique fighter, with moves such as Psyshock, Stored Power, a Calm Mind/Psychic combo and Magical Leaf in her arsenal. Her Burst Mode attack allows her to evolve into Mega Gardevoir.

[​IMG]
    Moving on from Gen III and into Gen IV, we have Garchomp, a Ground/Dragon type Pokémon. Along with Gen I Pokémon Mewtwo, Gen V Pokémon Chandelure and Gen VI Pokémon Braixen, Garchomp is one of the newest additions to the game. In Pokken, he takes the role of a Power fighter, and is said to have moves like Sand Tomb and Dragon Rush in his arsenal. His Burst Mode attack allows him to evolve into Mega Garchomp.

[​IMG]
    Another popular Pokémon and one known for Fighting, Lucario, a FIghting/Steel type Pokémon from Gen IV, has been in this game since the beginning. He first appeared in the leaked screenshot along with Blaziken about a year before the first announcement trailer, where he was showcased once again, this time with Machamp. Lucario has also appeared in the Nintendo fighter Super Smash Bros., making his debut in Brawl and then continuing on to be in For Nintendo 3DS/Wii U. In Pokken, he takes the role of a Standard Fighter, with moves such as Aura Sphere, Bone Rush, Extreme Speed and Force Palm in his arsenal. His Burst Mode attack allows him to evolve into Mega Lucario.

[​IMG]
    Finishing of Gen IV we have Weavile, a Dark/Ice type Pokémon. Weavile hasn't had much spotlight in the fighting-game genre, only appearing as a trophy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but here her powers since through. In Pokken, she takes the role of a Speed fighter, with moves such as Agility that goes into Fury Swipes, Agility that goes into Fake Out, Knock Off and Night Slash in her arsenal. Her Burst Mode attack involves a lot of ice and quick strikes.

[​IMG]
    Standing as the only candidate for Gen V, Chandelure, a Ghost/Fire type Pokémon, appears in this game. Along with Gen I Pokémon Mewtwo, Gen IV Pokémon Garchomp and Gen VI Pokémon Braixen, Chandelure is one of the newest additions to the game. Everything about it is currently unknown.

[​IMG]
    The final playable Pokémon and, currently, only playable Gen VI Pokémon is Braixen, a Fire type Pokémon. Along with Gen I Pokémon Mewtwo, Gen IV Pokémon Garchomp and Gen V Pokémon Chandelure, Braixen is one of the newest additions to the game. Her fight style, moves and Burst Mode attack are currently unknown, but she is rumoured to be suited to ranged attacks, such as Fire Blast.

So, now that we've covered all the fighters, let's move on to Support Pokémon. In Pokken, players may select a set two Support Pokémon to assist them at the start of a match, but they can only choose one of the two Pokémon in their set per round. Each Support Pokémon provides a different effect and, once they have been used, require a recharge before being used again.

[​IMG]
    Snivy, a Grass type Pokémon from Gen V, assists the player with Leaf Tornado. It does so by surrounding herself a tornado of leaves, damaging an opponent and knocking them upwards. She has a fast recharge speed and is in a set with Lapras.

[​IMG]
    Lapras, a Water/Ice type Pokémon from Gen I, assist the player with Surf. She does so by creating a wave of water as she enters the battle, damaging the opponent. She has a normal recharge speed and is with Snivy.

[​IMG]
    Emolga, an Electric/Flying type Pokémon from Gen V, assist the player with Shock Wave. She does so by quickly flying into the match and sending out an electric shockwave that damages the opponent. If the move hits successfully, the opponent's Speed will also be lowered. She has a fast recharge speed and is in a set with Fennekin.

[​IMG]
    Fennekin, a Fire type Pokémon from Gen VI, assist the player with Ember. She does so by jumping and creating a small dome of fire, causing damage. She has a normal recharge time and is in a set with Emolga.

[​IMG]
    Frogadier, a Water type Pokémon from Gen VI, assist the player with Water Pulse. He does so by shooting out a rapid succession of long-distance disc-shaped attacks which damage the opponent. His recharge time is unknown and he's in a set with Eevee.

[​IMG]
    Eevee, a Normal type Pokémon from Gen I, assist the player with Helping Hand. She does so by increasing the player's attack power for a limited time while also recovering HP. Her recharge time is unknown and she's in a set with Frogadier.

[​IMG]
    Jirachi, a Psychic/Steel type Pokémon from Gen III, assist the player with Wish. It does so by completely filling the Burst gauge of the player. It has a normal recharge time and is in a set with Whimsicott.

[​IMG]
    Whimsicott, a Grass/Fairy type Pokémon from Gen V, assists the player with Substitute. She does so by creating 3 Substitute Dolls that orbit around the player and absorb attacks for a few seconds. She has a normal recharge time and in is a set with Jirachi.

[​IMG]
    Mismagius, a Ghost type Pokémon from Gen IV, assist the player by using Ominous Wind. She does so by moving forward slowly to attack, while increasing the player's attack power briefly. She has a normal recharge time and is in a set with Ninetales.

[​IMG]
    Ninetales, a Fire type from Gen I, assists the player by using Will-O-Wisp. She does so by creating a small flame that stays in front of the player for a short period of time. She has a normal recharge time and is in a set with Mismagius.

[​IMG]
    Farfetch'd, a Normal/Flying type Pokémon from Gen I, assists the player by using an unknown move. He does so by moving forward towards the opponent and hitting them repeatedly with his leek, stunning them temporarily. He has a normal recharge time and is in a set with Electrode.

[​IMG]
    Electrode, an Electric type Pokémon from Gen I, assists the player by using an unknown move. It does so by rolling up the the opponent and setting off an electric attack, which knocks the opponent backwards. It has a normal recharge time and is in a set with Farfetch'd.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Togekiss and Rotom, Dragonite and Victini, Croagunk and Sylveon, and Magikarp and Pachirisu have been confirmed as Support Pokémon sets, but no other details have been provided.

Finally, we move on to stage appearances. Although these Pokémon don't have an impact on the fight directly, this topic is about which Pokémon are in Pokken, so I shall only provide a list below.

[3D='pidgey'][3D='dugtrio'][3D='growlithe'][3D='rapidash'][3D='machoke'][3D='tentacool'][3D='tentacruel'][3D='slowbro'][3D='magnemite'][3D='gastly'][3D='haunter'][3D='chansey'][3D='staryu'][3D='lapras'][3D='aerodactyl'][3D='snorlax'][3D='dragonair'][3D='spinarak'][3D='lanturn'][3D='togetic'][3D='politoed'][3D='jumpluff'][3D='slowking'][3D='misdreavus'][3D='unown'][3D='wobbuffet'][3D='shuckle'][3D='heracross'][3D='teddiursa'][3D='ursaring'][3D='corsola'][3D='slugma'][3D='magcargo'][3D='smeargle'][3D='miltank'][3D='blissey'][3D='lugia'][3D='treecko'][3D='grovyle'][3D='torchic'][3D='combusken'][3D='mudkip'][3D='beautifly'][3D='taillow'][3D='slaking'][3D='sableye'][3D='plusle'][3D='minun'][3D='roselia'][3D='sharpedo'][3D='wailmer'][3D='wailord'][3D='torkoal'][3D='trapinch'][3D='flygon'][3D='swablu'][3D='zangoose'][3D='claydol'][3D='milotic'][3D='banette'][3D='duskull'][3D='dusclops'][3D='tropius'][3D='clamperl'][3D='luvdisc'][3D='regirock'][3D='regice'][3D='registeel'][3D='burmy'][3D='pachirisu'][3D='buizel'][3D='ambipom'][3D='425'][3D='drifblim'][3D='mismagius'][3D='bronzong'][3D='gible'][3D='munchlax'][3D='riolu'][3D='hippowdon'][3D='finneon'][3D='lumineon'][3D='electivire'][3D='dusknoir'][3D='rotom'][3D='heatran'][3D='regigigas'][3D='serperior'][3D='watchog'][3D='purrloin'][3D='pidove'][3D='throh'][3D='sawk'][3D='lilligant'][3D='scrafty'][3D='sigilyph'][3D='cofagrigus'][3D='archeops'][3D='trubbish'][3D='minccino'][3D='gothorita'][3D='swanna'][3D='vanillite'][3D='sawsbuck'][3D='joltik'][3D='litwick'][3D='lampent'][3D='chandelure'][3D='beartic'][3D='volcarona'][3D='thundurus-therian'][3D='fletchling'][3D='skiddo'][3D='pancham'][3D='pangoro'][3D='furfrou'][3D='meowstic-f'][3D='honedge'][3D='carbink'][3D='klefki'][3D='trevenant'][3D='noibat']

And that's it! Quite a few Pokémon can be found in Pokken, a total of an oddly coincidental 151 separate species so far! Who are you excited to see in Pokken? Is there any Pokémon you're hoping makes the cut, whether it be as a fighter, support or just behind the scenes? What do you think of the fighters and support Pokémon announced so far! Comment your answers below!

This is [member='AuraKnight'], signing off!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Shada and thunder2910 like this.
  2. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Ah, it's good to see they added quite a few more. I saw videos of the arcade versiom, andtbh, it looked kinda boring. I'm not gonna buy the game though, since I'm not into fighting games.

I do wonder why they chose Suicune as a fighter...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Pixel likes this.
  3. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I'm still just so absorbed in how utterly BA Shadow Mewtwo looks. However, with one exception, I'm not digging the new visual style they're going for: the visible hair and fur on most species and then that weird almost pearlescent thing Garchomp has going on. Only exception: Chandelure. That thing looks so majestic in this new art style. Everything else I prefer that semi-cartoon style we see in the Gen 6 games.

I'm still so hyped for this. I don't have a WiiU, but we have have one in the breakroom at work and I'm 90% sure we'll have Pokken as soon as it's commercially available. I'll probably make Blaziken or Gardey my first fighter when I get a chance. Too bad Mismagius is just an assist and not a fullly playable fighter, else she'd probably be my #1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.