1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

LV OU Tier

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Ryan, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    This has been on LV for ages, but never in a convenient area... Time to fix that!

The LV OU tier varies from Smogon's OU in terms of bans. Essentially, many things they ban aren't banned here. The following Pokémon are allowed in LV OU:
    - Deoxys-Speed
    - Deoxys-Defense
    - Aegislash
    - Blaze Blaziken
    - Greninja (without Gunk Shot and/or Low Kick)
    - Landorus

This is subject to, but not likely to, change.

Pitmore, Shada and Pixel like this.
  2. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    Landorus.

YES

The fact that this is still alive is making me really happy! I thought this died along with the server! Here's to a great tier!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    We will not bend to the will of competitive Pokémon dictators. LV's OU tier will stand strong and meet Smogon's army of change with resistance. We may lose a few battles, but we won't really care.
    I don't battle anymore, so whenever something gets banned, let me know and I'll get some help with evaluating it. Some things might stay banned (Mega Salamence/Mega Kangaskahn/Mega Lucario/Mega Gengar, etc.), but for the most part, bans won't really stick here.

4. Filibuster

Filibuster School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽23.4
    You'll embrace your smogon overlords eventually, Winter is coming for your Aegislash and Lando-I's.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Pitmore likes this.
  5. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    I have resisted Smogon for seven years and I am still going strong. Their armies may be plentiful, but they are not as strong as they seem. LV's defense force cannot be beat... because... we fight for freedom.

Xarn and Pitmore like this.
  6. Green

Green Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Why not just make LV it's own ruleset?

7. Nauris

Nauris The King of Konchus

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Now that Hoopa-Unbound has been banned to Ubers, will it banned from LV OU as well?

I'm personally in favor of it's ban, despite the fact I haven't had any major problems with it and that it has really low Defense and somewhat low Speed. You have to remember that it doesn't have single counter (tell me Pokémon that can switch in on him, when you're not sure if it's choice locked, or when it has just been brought in. It's somewhat like Greninja, except trading speed for REALLY high Attack and Special Attack while getting pretty good Special Defense. I personally don't see any possible complex bans that could hone him down either like with Greninja. While dealing with Hoopa-Unbound is rather easy for offensive teams, it's MUCH harder to beat it with balanced one, and even harder to beat with stall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.