1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

[POLL] Generation 6.5 or Generation 7?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Pixel, Feb 15, 2016.

Tags:
?

Which Generation will the next Main Series games be set in?

1. Generation 6.5

25.0%
  2. Generation 7

75.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Since the reveal of Magearna, the Pokémon fandom has exploded about what this Pokémon actually means; game-wise. There are 2 solid choices; Generation 6.5 and Generation 7. Allow me to explain them both a little.

Generation 6.5 involves the theory that Generation 6 has not ended, but the next main series game will be a continuation of Generation 6 with more new Pokémon to make up for the small number we received in Generation 6.

Generation 7 involves the theory that Generation 6 has ended, and the next main series games will be in a completely different setting from the Generation 6 games with many more new Pokémon than what could be offered in Generation 6.5.

So, where do you stand on this? Are you hoping that we get to unlock all the mysteries of Generation 6, or are you tired of Kalos and want Generation 7? Vote in the poll, and feel free to comment your reasoning below!

And please, no fighting!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I think we're gonna stick in gen 6 a little while longer. Pokémon says they don't want to complicate things too much which was shown by gen 6 having a small Pokédex so I think they'll hold off on gen 7 for a while.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,397.0
    I don't think that they will go into Generation 7 just yet, as they did not too long ago announce the different Zygarde forms, in possible preparation for Z, or even possibly X<sup>2</sup> and Y<sup>2</sup>. They have introduced 4 new Pokémon so far during the X and Y series, as well as many megas, so let's see where GameFreak takes us from here, although the evidence is strong for Generation 2.5. While Generation 7 would be a change of pace, it just isn't as realistic at this point, I don't think.

4. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    My personal theory is gen 6.5 and I'm calling cyborg Lysandre right now. Like others I think that the zygarde forms are the most convincing evidence of 6.5 over 7. I also feel that X/Y were missing so much depth, which could be resolved with a small booster shot of a main series game. And finally if gen 7 did come, I'm pretty sure this would be the first gen to not get a third game

5. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I'm feeling more towards more of a 6.5. The 6th generation just felt so incomplete to me. There are so many mysteries and a lot of lack of storyline. I MEAN WHAT ARE THOSE LOCKED DOORS IN THE DESERT. Real talk though, with the New Zygarde forms along with the reveal of a new Pokémon that is being chased by Volcanion. I mean Vaolcanion hasn't even been released yet either! I don't think Pokémon is done with the 6th generation yet.

6. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    I feel that we are going to get DP remakes this year in Nov or Dec then 7th Gen in Early 2019, but that's just me

EchoSouls likes this.
  7. Pbear

Pbear Space Polar Bear

PokéPoints:
    ₽43.8
    they would just be adding on to the already not so great gen 6 were they to create 6.5s imo

8. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Still going with my theory of Magiana being the first Gen 7 Pokémon. Regarding the new Zygarde Formed and Volcanion, maybe the Gen 7 games will revolve around something like the destruction of the ecosystem by humans creating too many machines (like Magiana) or using Pokémon for industrial purposes, like Volcanion's steam and Zygarde appears te restore order again or something. That might be a bit far fetched but still, maybe a few of those might actually happen...

9. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Now I'm going to say Gen 6.5 all the way. The way DLC works these days, Magearna can absolutely be integrated into 6 (I think Hoopa wasn't fully existing in ORAS until a certain product update, that could have been a trial run to see if it worked), and they've set themselves up so much with their naming of the latest anime season and with these new Zygarde formes. My current prediction is that the next games are 75% Z version, 15% X′ and Y′, 5% Gen 7, and 5% something else entirely, like Z and W or whatever else might catch us off-guard. Only way to find out for sure is to be patient.

X′ and Y′ though... I really hope it's just Z. I've been waiting like a year to get myself a Kalos game, and I've been banking on not siding with life or death this whole time. That beauty of perpetuating the Ouroboros cycle of birth, life, death, decay, and rebirth. It will also be my first third-entry game ever, so that's exciting.

Unconnected but related to those other two leads, I can say almost without a doubt that, whether the next step is 6.5 or 7, we're not seeing Sinnoh redux yet (unfortunately). The harbinger of its arrival isn't here yet (that harbinger can barely even be seen on the horizon right now), and I for one don't think Nintendo will ever start a generation on a redux game. Five and a half years between FRLG and HGSS, another five between HGSS and ORAS. They're not going to cut their schedule down by 60% and make ODTP only two years after the previous redux. Also, that thing about the harbinger.

10. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Generation 7, because I still don't believe in a Generation 6.5. To me, that feels too weird and it wouldn't make sense to introduce "half a generation" extra.

11. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Well, I've changed my original vote from 6.5 to 7. At first, I just thought "Eh, Pokémon's always thinking of new ways to do stuff, maybe we will get a Gen 6.5", but the they revealed Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon and I totally boarded the Gen 7 hype train!

12. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Personally, I think it's most likely going to be gen 7 because if you look at gen 5's games, they also only had 4 main games. Also, from what we've seen of sun and moon so far, it looks like a new region. I can see them pulling a gold and silver and putting two regions in one game maybe, but I highly doubt it.

EchoSouls likes this.
  13. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    to me both ideas sound good but the more likely idea (to me, just talkin me here) is gen 7. Truth be told Pokémon never really fit the mold they tried to put it in so it could honestly go either way. That said I want gen six to finish not be cut and partially pasted into the next one (that would be a huge mess to clean up).

14. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    What I'm personally hoping for is a new region with new Pokémon, but also have it be tied to Kalos in some way. Sort of like Johto to Kanto. In that sense, I believe it will be Generation 7 (since even though Johto is tied to Kanto, we don't call it Gen 1.5). That's the most logical thing I can think of, at least. It could end up being anything, so I'm waiting to see more information when it comes out.

15. Alex Azariya

Alex Azariya The Black Swordsman

PokéPoints:
    ₽463.0
    I agree with you. I think it's like Johto/Kanto.

Probably a few years have passed in Sun/Moon since XY, and this new region is close to Kalos. You'll probably start off in the new region, then after 8 badges and elite four you'll revisit Kalos. It's what I like to think of these new games.

16. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    Unfortunately, it looks to me like its generation 7. 6 has so many unfinished ties that they really really should finish, but the trailer really felt like 7. Word choice, new places that are very different than kalos... RIP zygarde

phineas81707 likes this.
  17. EchoSouls

EchoSouls Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.2
    Im leaning towards gen 7. With Sun & Moon annouced already, Pokémon Z/Gen 6.5 is very unlikely to happen at this point.

All the leaks are leaning towards Sun and Moon, not Gen 6.5.

18. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Gen 7 according to me. I think gen 6.5 will be wierd. Gen 6.5 is unlikely to happen as it is alreadu said so gen 7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.