1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The return of Missingno?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Megarai111, Feb 26, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    With all the hype surrounding the announcement of Pokémon Sun and Moon, I wonder how many of you have thought of this:

With the release of Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow for the 3DS... Will the Missingno hack still exist? Can we get Missingno?
    Post your thoughts below!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Thunder

Thunder The Alolan Archer

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    Woah, I completely forgot about that little bug! Maybe he will be, to give the fans an even bigger sense of nostalgia.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    My guess is there will be a bugfix implemented. Rather than the originally shipped versions, there will probably be some slight edits. Glitch prevention, maybe a better translation here and there. Nintendo has covertly shipped update games in the past. For example, go play your N64 copy of Zelda OoT. Fire temple will or will not have Arabic chanting in its background music and Ganondorf will or will not cough blood at one point. Small things like that, they could just put those minor kinds of tweaks into RBY VC. Another way to check would be to see if Alakazam still has that glowing star on its forehead that people complained about.

But with my recent track record of making predictions, rather than being bugfixed, Missingno. will probably be a fourth starter choice or something.

East, shinygiratinaz and Maantijger like this.
  4. mweep

mweep The Roaming Legendary

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.3
    I feel like I heard somewhere that they're intentionally not fixing the Missingno glitch, but who knows...

5. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    Well, if the Pokémon are compatible with Gen VII, then they'll have to overhaul the IV system to be in-line with the current Pokémon games (the fact that Gen II and Gen III were incompatible led to a gigantic overhaul to how IVs and personality values worked such that the games would probably be unable to communicate even if hardware wasn't an issue). There'll be plenty of time to add/remove Missingno if they're going that extra mile.

6. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    I'd like Missingno to still be in it along with all other glitches, just to keep it as close to the original, it probably wont happen, it'd make trading an awful pain, but still, its fun, I hope they provide an easter egg to its being in the newer one!

7. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I'd say that bug fixes are more than likely as well, but I've heard what @[member="mweep"] has heard regarding all bugs, not just Missingno.

However, in response to:

I'll slightly agree. Pokémon Bank will probably be the overhauling engine itself, if we're being realistic. TPCi likely wants to keep the experience as close to the old one as possible, so there's no good enough reason they'd make that big of a change to the games, if you ask me.

8. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    I honestly thought about this as well, but I'm leaning towards what @[member="Kouhai"] says and saying there are bug fixes in this 'remake'. If they left such obvious glitches in the system, regardless of nostalgia I get the feeling it would cause some huge problems. Though it would be cool if they left JUST Missingno out of fond memory. Let's all get to Cinnabar Island and see!

If they did keep it though, do you think it would turn back into a regular Kangaskhaun upon trade to the newer games?

9. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Personally, I'd say that Missingno, if it were to be left in the games to any degree, would likely not be allowed to be sent to Pokémon Bank just out of fear of what it'll do. However, this could be remedied by hard coding some things; which is likely not to happen since they'd have to release a patch for all gen 6 games in order to use the newest Pokémon Bank.

10. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    Am I late as hell to this? Probably. I've never played the original RBY, so I'm truly hoping Missingno is included in these games!! I'm so ignorant when it comes to RBY, there are so many little tricks and glitch things you can do, such as that lvl 1 Mew glitch! I haven't attempted any so far, though :s

11. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    Now that the virtual console games are out, we now know that Missingno, and all other glitches, are still in the game. We also know that we can transfer the Pokémon from R/B/Y and I think it would be neat if you got a little extra gift for trying to transfer Missingno. I don't know what it would be but just acknowledging it would be good enough, to be honest.

12. CommandoGirl1127

PokéPoints:
    ₽18.3
    I think that they'll fix it by now but since it's so popular they might not. I really do hope that they'll make a Pokémon like Missingno, with the effects of increasing the number of one item in your pack and switching to a different Pokémon. That'd be cool.

13. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    I am thinking about missino all the time, I hope it in the same place in Yellow. when I am in Cinnabar island and do the stuff, I did in Blue. I hope to get back at ya.
    and cna confirm it

So doi g some research, finding outthey got already rid of the glitch in the gbc version of pkm Yellow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.