1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon Go Footage has been revealed!

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Shada, Mar 20, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    It seems that after 6 months, we finally get to glance on what will become Pokémon Go! After Pokémon Go canceled their appearance at GDC (Game Developer's Conference), we thought it was all over, and that Pokémon Go will have taken longer than expected. Then, Nianantic games announced on their blog that Beta-testing would begin in Japan, just what was happening with this game?​
    Footage has now appeared for the game at SXSW, as a trainer encounters catches an Ivysaur with a Master Ball. ​
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHgCmnVvfTI​
    You flick the Pokéball with your finger, and as you move the phone, the Pokémon moves as well. This game play doesn't show battles or trades, but does show how you catch Pokémon. For some, this augmented reality of the game isn't what was expected, but alas the game is still in it's beta- stages. ​
    Pokémon Go is announced to release sometime this year.​
    How do you feel about Pokémon Go's gameplay?​

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    In all reality if this is how things are going to be that is better than my expectations. In the honest candid opinion of me I was expecting something along the lines of the google maps thing where it would just be a tiny sprite that sat there and did nothing, and was completely casual. Holding a phone up and seeing a Pokémon, in all it's sketchy augmented reality goodness is quite interesting, and if this is legit footage then I have a tentative hope for Pokémon GO to measure up to it's commercial

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    It really has an Ingress-y feel. The problem with Ingress was that when I joined, everyone else was pretty much on the highest level already, which made keeping up quite tough. I hope I can do better this time by starting on time.
    I'm really excited for this though, it looks really awesome :D
    I wonder how much p2w there's implied though...

4. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I saw crystals at about 1:05 so that's probably not a good sign. But if its anything like Ingress, then you'll get them from walking around.
    I'm really impressed with how it looks though. The ivysaur was a little shaky but that's nothing too big.

5. Fantasma

Fantasma ♃☿♄

(Cubone (Alolan))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽185.1
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    It looks better than I though
    I really like the fact that they are using the 3d sprites rather than the 2d ones :)
    too bad it didnt show the battle system that would've be nice to see
    also is this leak confirmed to be real?
    I really dont want to have high hopes for a fake and then get disappointed with the final product :S

6. mweep

mweep The Roaming Legendary

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.3
    ...Some of these replies are word for word from reddit... namely posts number 2 and 3.... have I discovered someone's identity? @[member="Megarai111"] @[member="tonochi"]

Anyways note that Pokémon Go will not be Ingress, there's a lot of proof otherwise already. Besides, Ingress centers around "links" and "fields", Pokémon Go could not possibly implement these succesfully

@[member="Azure"]

Also, new information has been released. The Pokémon website has been updated and Niantic has released a blog post, mostly releasing official screenshots and additional information about gyms. Not to mention that AR is confirmed, using phone camera, and that it can be toggled on/off

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/
    http://nianticlabs.com/blog/pokemon-go-first-look/

7. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Lol thats actually hilarious. Tbh i've never used reddit, but I do have an account(https://www.reddit.com/user/Tonochi). Its good to know that its going to be its own game though. Those screenshots are pretty rad too.

8. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Same! I don't use Reddit either, I don't even have an account, lol. I don't even know what kind of website it is, I only know the name (I'm an Internet noob, remember?)

9. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    Why the hell would you use a master ball on an Ivysaur. What a silly thing to waste it on

But on a serious note, I'm pretty hype for it. I loved ingress (even though I had to delete it because limited storage) and I'm glad that team is working on this. It makes me wonder about the other features of this game. Will there be a plot like ingress? Some sort of sides to a fight? Will there be a league?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.