1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Which is your signature Pokemon to use in a battle?

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Noctis, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Noctis

Noctis *this message has been removed*

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    This is more of a topic discussing which Pokémon is your favorite to use competitively.
    When you build a team, this Pokémon you choose just feels odd not having.

My bread and butter?
    Lanturn.

Love this little guy:
    [3D='lanturn']
    Lanturn @ Leftovers
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 252 SpA / 144 SpD / 112 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Scald
    - Volt Switch
    - Aqua Ring
    - Soak

I really like to use him in doubles because of how nice Volt Absorb is. Get a Pokémon out on the field with him that knows Discharge and you are GTG.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PROJECT: Glaceon

PROJECT: Glaceon PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽27.0
    I put Dragonite in pretty much every team I make. It's the closest I get to having a signature Poke.

The Weakness Policy may be predictable, but I don't think it's ever failed me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Noctis likes this.
  3. Noctis

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    How do you usually build it?

Even if a Pokémon isn't meta, it's never bad to use your favorites. I bring Lanturn into OUs all the time!

4. PROJECT: Glaceon

PROJECT: Glaceon PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽27.0
    I usually go with it as a bulky physical sweeper, running Multiscale as the ability. For moves I always go with Outrage, sometimes Extremespeed, it all depends on what moves I see at the time.

I like Contrary Serperior, but I don't know if it's allowed yet or not

5. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    It feels wrong not to put Mega Altaria on a team for me. It's my favorite Pokémon and favorite mega, and being considered OU is only icing on the cake for me, honestly .u.

For that matter, it's tough for me not to use Magnezone/Magneton either, since they beat a lot of what would otherwise stop her from screaming at everything, or from showing off her dancing skills.

Noctis likes this.
  6. theawesomeafro

theawesomeafro Licensed and Practiced Lurker

Duck boi
    (Psyduck)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽88.9
    Mega Venusaur all the way:

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Leech Seed
    - Synthesis
    - Giga Drain
    - Sludge Bomb

this set takes souls without mercy. People will quit because he just won't break. My favorite Pokémon I gotta rep to show off the BEST Kanto starter.

7. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    I like to use a lot of different Pokémon in many different tiers. However, I almost always have a Drapion on my RU/poison mono teams, a Shedinja on PU/NU/RU/ghost mono teams, and Conkeldurr on OU/Uber/Fighting mono teams. Drapion I just run an Assault Vest set, Conkeldurr I use Guts or Iron Fist sets normally. My Shedinja is very different though:

Shedinja @ Focus Sash (normal so far)
    -Toxic
    -Dig
    -Protect
    -Phantom Force

That's right, I run a stall Shedinja. I have messed with so many Sucker Punch users. This is what I lead with of course, as Stealth Rocks ruin Shedinja's day.

To answer your question, yes. I actually used it in RU first, then a ghost mono, then finally PU. My RU team was also frequently usef in UU and OU, so it got to be in those tiers too.

Noctis likes this.
  8. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    Its hard to pin down one Pokémon for me. My best OU team is centered around a dual mega of manectric and gyarados, and my doubles is all over depending on what's legal for VGC. If I had to pin down the one Pokémon i love to use the most, and fits into most any of my teams, it'd probably be... conkeldurr.
    Conkelmoom (Conkeldurr) @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Drain Punch
    - Mach Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Poison Jab

Assault vest for the added bulk, and guts to counter all the statuses flying around OU. He's always been strong, can even kill fairies, especially when I get a light screen up from a teammate. Also was a great greninja counter back when he was legal.

I will say, I'm most well known for my maractus in doubles. I'll post that in the original movesets though.

Noctis likes this.
  9. Noctis

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    I'm telling you, I've gone against so many terrifying Venusaur. I can agree that this should be a Pokémon everyone should have if they play competitively. I'd recommend the build too. *Nod nod.*

That's an interesting Shedinja. Do you take it outside of it's tier to higher tiers?

Hell hath no fury like a mom who can sling punches. I like the name you have for it. Baha. ^_^

10. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    For me it has to be:

[3D='594']

Alomomola @ Leftovers
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 36 HP / 220 Def / 252 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Toxic
    - Scald

I've been trying my hardest not to use wishpass on my teams anymore, but I can't really help it, because I think this Pokémon is so good. Alomomola really brings Pokémon i'm not fond of to a stop (Looking at you Talonflame and Lando-T). Not only that, but it can take some abuse on the special side too. I remember when Alomomola took a Draco Meteor from a Latios and lived by just 6%

Noctis likes this.
  11. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    Definitely Meloetta! Even if it's RU, I think it does really well in OU as a special attacker. I tend to have Meloetta on most of my teams. :D

Though I also often use Clefable, Gliscor, and Cresselia (I really like defensive Pokémon haha).

12. Noctis

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    This was definitely a Pokémon I was not expecting to make it on the list. But I do like that build.

Mind if I adopt that build into my team in the future?

13. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    I always had my trusty ol' Hydreigon in every one of my teams, haha
    [3D='hydreigon']
    Hydreigon @Choice Specs
    Moves:
    -Fire Blast
    -Draco Meteor
    -Dark Pulse
    -Earth Power
    It's pretty obvious what his role is, a special sweeper.

I also have Serperior and Skarmory in like 50% of the teams I've made. Skarmory could either be a staller or the one to set up entry hazards.

14. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    Go right on ahead! Anyone is free to use it! You don't have to use this set either, I was honestly thinking about running Mirror Coat on this Pokémon at one point.

15. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    Mine has always been Scizor as it is my favorite Pokémon and is just overall strong. It fits into almost any team.

Here is the build I usually use:

RedScizor (Scizor) @ Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Bullet Punch
    - Swords Dance
    - Bug Bite/U-Turn
    - Superpower

16. InkaySquidd

InkaySquidd Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
  17. Noctis

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
  18. Eru Iluvatar

Eru Iluvatar Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    I find that Gardevoir (usually Mega) finds its way into my teams almost consistently. xD A great special attack (especially in mega form) coupled with a brilliant typing means that garevoir rarely ever disappoints. I've swept way too many unprepared teams with it and the only time its ever failed me is when I've made the stupidity mistakes and desicions. xP

19. Alan

Alan Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽13.9
    Am i the only one that just uses whatever he feels like. I just choose a mon which i feel like using and building around it but if i had to choose one its defineatly mega heracross just cause its my fav mon <3

20. Cherry-Roll

Cherry-Roll Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    I personally just go for my Cindaquil most of the time ^^