1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

B/W2 Rain Team

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by ID Zeta, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,384.3
    Before I begin, this team is only for use in White 2, not the online thingy (I forgot the name of it. > >)

Anyway... Another weather team I've concocted. It's still in the works a little, but most of it's ironed out. Here's what I have:
    [​IMG]
    Starmie - Rain-Maker
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Item: Damp Rock
    Moveset: Hydro Pump, Thunder, Ice Beam, Rain Dance
    Starmie sets up the rain in this set since I don't have access to Drizzle Politoed. Timid Nature boosts its' already high Speed more, which allows it to set up Rain even quicker.

[​IMG]
    Gyarados - Bulky Dragon Dancer
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Intimidate
    Item: Probably Life Orb
    Moveset: Waterfall, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Dragon Dance
    With a couple Dragon Dances, Gyarados has the potential to push through a lot of things. I chose Waterfall over Aqua Tail because the former has perfect accuracy and a 30% chance to flinch.

[​IMG]
    Thundurus - Special Sweeper
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Prankster
    Item: Undecided
    Moveset: Thunder, Focus Blast, undecided, Thunder Wave/Nasty Plot
    My answer to Grass-types and possibly Electric-types. With priority Thunder Wave or Nasty Plot, it can either make it's already massive Special Attack higher or cripple the opposition.
    [​IMG]
    Lanturn - Volt Absorber
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    Moveset: Volt Switch, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, undecided
    My true answer to Electric-types. Lanturn can switch in on an anticipated Electric attack worry-free and begin attacking. I could also use a more defensive set with Leftovers, Scald over Hydro Pump, and Thunder Wave as a fourth move.

So, what suggestions, if any, do you have to help me finish this team out?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Before I give any sort of review, I just want to let you know that Thundurus is uber and not allowed in standard play; however, its Therian form is in the OU tier.

3. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,384.3
    I stated in the first sentence that this wasn't for use in the online game.

4. Potatrobot

Potatrobot Resident Potato

PokéPoints:
    ₽42.0
    I have never ever prepared a professional battling team, so I suggest a rain Castform.

Castform - Rain maker (2)
    [​IMG]
    Ability: Forecast
    Item: Damp rock
    Moveset: Rain Dance, Weather Ball/Hydro Pump, Thunder, Ice Beam
    This would act as another weather set up, but also as a sweeper. Weather Ball's base power goes from 50 to 100 in rain due to its changing nature, then to 150 from the rain boost itself, and then up to 225 with STAB. Hydro Pump is less accurate and powerful, but doesn't take up a turn to set up if it isn't already raining. Ice Beam is a powerful move to rid ice-types, and has good accuracy and a freeze chance to boot. Not much else to say about it. Thunder is the answer to bulky water types that might try to match against Castform and take advantage of the rain. In rain, its accuracy goes up to 100, and the paralysis chance is pretty neat, too. Damp rock keeps the rain pouring.

If this doesn't work out for you, you could give Thunder to Lanturn for STAB.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. The Unknown

The Unknown Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    If you are relying on using the move Rain Dance to create the same effect as Drizzle, i suggest that you have at least one other rain dance user (preferably bulky) that can increase the turns that rain is in effect on the battlefield. Starmie is a frail Pokémon, and isn't an offensive powerhouse either, so it can be taken down easily. You can include Jellicent or Tentacruel, both of which are bulky, and have them assist Starmie in rain dancing.

If you have another rain dancer, I suggest that you run a grass type (it's up to you to decide what kind of role the grass type would play) so that you have another resistance to electric type moves and a resistant to grass type moves. Celebi, Ferrothorn, Shaymin-S, Arceus-grass, and Virizion are recommended grass type Pokémon on an ou/uber rain team.

6. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,384.3
    ***Update***
    Starmie and Gyarados are being kept the way they are. However, I've changed Lanturn and Thundurus to this:
    [​IMG]
    Thundurus-T - Wrecking Ball
    Item: undecided
    Moveset: Thunder, Focus Blast, Dark Pulse, Agility
    Assuming it gets an Agility in, this thing can outspeed virtually anything and proceed to sweep, abusing perfectly-accurate Thunders off of its' massive Special Attack stat.
    I need a 4th Pokémon, though I'll probably use a Ferrothorn for that.

7. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,384.3
    ***Update***
    I've finally gotten what I need: Drizzle Politoed. As such, my team now stands as this:
    [​IMG]
    Politoed - Bulky Drizzle
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Drizzle (no-brainer)
    Item: Leftovers
    Moveset: Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Psychic, Toxic
    Basically, a bulky Drizzle Politoed, designed to survive as long as possible. If it's ever threatened, I can just switch it out and keep it alive in case other weather is introduced.

[​IMG]
    Gyarados - Bulky Dragon Dancer
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Intimidate
    Item: Likely a Life Orb
    Moveset: Waterfall, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Dragon Dance
    This will probably be paired with Politoed. It can set up a couple Dragon Dances, then proceed to sweep.

[​IMG]
    Thundurus-T - Special Attacker
    Item: Likely a Choice Scarf
    Moveset: Thunder, Focus Blast, Dark Pulse, Agility (if not running Choice Scarf) or Volt Switch (if running Choice Scarf)
    This is supposed to be the counter to Electric- and Grass-types that can easily prey on Politoed. Since Drizzle is up, it can abuse Thunder or exploit the opponent's weaknesses.

Still working on a Ferrothorn. Its moveset will be Power Whip, Gyro Ball, Toxic, and Stealth Rock. I haven't decided what Nature or item would be best. It's supposed to be another counter to Electric- and Grass-types, perhaps being a bit bulkier than Thundurus-T.

Any comments on this lineup?

8. The Unknown

The Unknown Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Since you are planning on using Gyarados as a set up sweeper, Thundurus-T should be a scout/sweeper with choice scarf; having more than 1 set up sweeper is tough to run because it takes time before a set up sweeper has enough boosts to win a battle.

Please don't use a Politoed with Psychic; you already have two Pokémon that resist fighting types, so there's no point in running a move that's pretty weak. I suggest that you use hp grass instead, which can help Politoed eliminate bulky water threats like Jellicent and Gastrodon who might be on the other team. If hp grass isn't an option, then try perish song, hypnosis, protect, or swagger.

One more thing: I think you should add a Ferrothorn to this team; its resistances are helpful and rain helps it survive,.

9. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,384.3
    **Update**
    Politoed now has Protect... For whatever reason, when I posted the last update, I hadn't bought Protect. > > Go figure.
    Anyway... I'm replacing Gyarados with this Kingdra:
    [​IMG]
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Item: Life Orb
    Moveset: Hydro Pump, Dragon Pulse, Ice Beam, undecided
    This Kingdra is supposed to eliminate the need for a setup sweeper. Since Swift Swim doubles it's Speed right off the bat, it can come out of the gate at full steam.

Ferrothorn will be added later. It will probably be something like this:
    [​IMG]
    Nature: Relaxed
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    Moveset: Power Whip, Gyro Ball, Toxic, Stealth Rock
    Bascially, just a defensive wall. Rain halves damage done from Fire-types, really increasing it's longevity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.