1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Character Customisation is BACK!

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, May 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    [​IMG]

Thoughts? Hyped for the return of character customisation?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Alex Azariya

Alex Azariya The Black Swordsman

PokéPoints:
    ₽463.0
    I've wanted it to make a comeback and I think it'll stay for Gen 8, 9 and so on, it's so useful and makes your trainer more unique.

3. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I'm really excited to see this feature return, it was awesome in XY and I hope it's even better in SM! It really allows you to put a personal flair on your trainer character, so I'm glad that it's making a return. One thing I do hope for as well is different options for hair- maybe some more colors and styles- as well as equal amounts for clothes for both playable genders. It was a bit unfair that the female characters in XY got almost double the amount of clothes that the male characters got. Us guys want to be fashionable, too!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    Nice! I hope we have more options this time, for both male and female players. I hope we will also have the option to not wear a hat, but every Pokémon player character had one so it might not happen, but who knows?

Megarai111 likes this.
  5. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Its really nice that this feature is in sun and moon. I want it to have more options than customization in x and y . it will help in interacting with character and to connect with game.

6. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I'm glad customization is back! I'd like to change the hair styles and colors again.

7. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Ah, looks like they're including a lot more options for the character customization! Awesome!
    I already love the boys' hair on that screenshot, and I really hope they have an option to not wear a hat too, like @[member="Fizzysoda"] mentioned as well, simply because that would add more flair to the game as well! In XY, the option to not wear anything on your hat was already available, so it definitely wouldn't hurt to expand that to not having to wear a hat at all. Other than that, I hope for a lot more clothes customization options!

8. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    This is all I ever wanted. I screamed when I saw it in the trailer.

9. ClamEatsCurry

ClamEatsCurry Resident Clam

PokéPoints:
    ₽172.7
    I never really used character customization when it was thing. I just picked the default one really and rolled with it. So I doubt I'll do anything special in this game either, but I'm glad it's back for the people who do like to customize their trainers!

10. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I don't know why people thought this was gone. The only reason it wasn't in ORAS is because they were remakes and they didn't want to mess with them too much. This is a new game and all new games from now on will always have character customization, I have no doubt of this.

11. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    People were doubting the return of customization cause Kalos was kind of fashion-themed.

I AM SO HAPPY!!!!

12. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    Pokémon is at it's core an rpg, and one of the cores of an rpg is projecting your style and yourself onto your character. While other RPGs have reasoning behind clothing (stats), doesn't stop peeps from making vanity sets. Pokémon however is about bonding with your allies, and I wonder if there was a correlation between my XY team being the closest to my heart than any other team in the history of Pokémon to the fact that I was able to style my character the way I wanted.

In other words, Pokémon should keep Customization, including in the remakes they have for Gens 4 and 5.

13. CommandoGirl1127

PokéPoints:
    ₽18.3
    If I had the game, I'd choose the girl that i second from the left. I also think this is unique, and I really hope that other generations will have 5 characters to choose from.

14. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Now I never thought it was gone, but I think it would have made ORAS better if they would have included it.

I also agree with the no hat thing :P

15. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    I already had a name to use tor it, and I finally can think of liking these styles.
    As i have both x and y, I indd notice the amount of differnces into the fashion
    Now starting as a girl.
    I do think I pick the third pr fourth one. Its betrer to see it in the game. Unfortunate I need to wait few days later than the actual release of it

16. Starry Windy

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.1
    I'm glad when I heard that Character Customization will possibly return, considering that it's been great when I'm able to change the style of clothes, hair and everything, because that's what makes Trainers unique to me.

17. Arya Stark

Arya Stark Valar Morghulis

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.7
    I loved it in X/Y and I hope they don't obligate you to keep the hat, it ruins the hairstyle you want.

18. SnowKing

SnowKing Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    It is good that this feature is in sun and moon. This is going to make game more awesome

19. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I'm glad this is back in Sun/Moon! It was really cool customizing my character's outfits in XY and buying her clothes and perfecting her outfit haha. It was a small thing, but it was cool to have that unique flair. And with the full trainer models being used in the overworld, it's gonna be even cooler with customization! :D

20. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    I'm glad the feature is returning. Even without any real reason to get them other than... well, new clothes, yay, I always thought it was great to distinguish yourself from other players. It also helped me find out who was who whenever I was online in X/Y :P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.