1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Professor Kukui

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, May 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    [​IMG]

Thoughts on the new professor?! He looks really laid back. And we're related!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I think it's cool that the player character is directly related to the professor! It's definitely a neat concept, and I hope they expand on the player's family in the games a bit. I also like the professor's design, he definitely looks like a field researcher of some sort. It's nice that we're getting another laid back professor; Sycamore was a bit laid back and he was rather well-liked by the community, so I hope this guy is awesome as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    Huh... He kinda reminds me of Prof.Birch in a way. And he's also named after a tree. Some things never change, I guess.

I was hoping for another female professor but he seems pretty chill. I wonder what field he's specialized in? Prof.Oak specialized in Pokémon in general, Prof.Elm from Johto specialized in Pokémon eggs, Prof.Birch from Hoenn in Pokémon behaviour, Prof.Sycamore from Kalos in Mega Evolution, Prof.Juniper from Unova in the origins of Pokémon, and Prof. Rowan in Evolution. Perhaps he studies the origins of extra-terrestrial Pokémon?

4. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I think its a pretty cool concept to be related with prof. Directly. And he is really looking like a prof.

5. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    He looks like the kind of guy I like to be around! He seems to be laid-back and always in for a joke, with his big grin and his happy looks. I see a new number one on my favourite professor list :3

6. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    Actually you're not related. In Hawai'i they will often call you cousin if you're a friend. They'll say uncle and auntie too, despite no relations

7. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    He looks awesome :3
    And sticking to the tree theme, as always!

8. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I like him, he looks like a laid back guy and maybe he's good looking? hehe
    Def seems like prof birch

9. plainsight

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    He looks pretty goofy and like someone that could easily connect with people. It's not new, all the previous professors have been pretty nice and friendly, albeit some a bit more serious than others (Prof. Rowan). I was kinda hoping for a really stern Prof this time around just to break the cycle of uncle-like professors. Or another female. Or both XD

That being said, I don't actually have any complaints, just some thoughts XD The consistency with the tree names is good though. I like.

10. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    He seems pretty cool, though a bit reckless. I mean...
    "His area of expertise is Pokémon moves, and is known to take direct hits from them if he thinks he can learn something about them. "
    Not my kind of dude if you ask me. He's wayyyyy too laid back. But oh my gosh can I say that the internet is in love with him because the dude has abs.
    Pokémon is giving us good looking professors I guess with Professor Sycamore having some competition.

11. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    I wonder if we're actually related, or if he's using "cousin" in a slang sense, sort of like people use "bro" nowadays-- I've heard "cousin" be used in the same sense. But then again, I'm not sure Pokémon is that 'hip and happening' with the slang terms.

12. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    From what I've seen poor Prof. Kukui is even more an object of lust than Prof. Sycamore, so much artwork >_> I loved how during the Treehouse livestream they commented on that too. Anyway, he looks like mix Prof. Birch and a exhibitionist Prof. Sycamore with a tan to me but that's not a bad thing.

13. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    I hope we got lots of shots of him shirtless, that would make the game so much better. Especially if that powered him up in battle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.