1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Sun and Moon speculation

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Sachi-Shimazu, May 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    I'm surprised there isn't just a pure speculation thread just yet, time to start the speculation train going.

I want to say something about the possible nature of the game, maybe a subplot to the villain team trying to x villain thing and beating the league. Based on the nature of the trailer, the fact that it was all about a person moving to Hawaii from Japan and having to open up to the people who live there and overcome his shyness (represented by the moon) and take the leap to join people thanks to Pokémon (represented by the sun).

Now, something interesting I thought of while watching the trailer. The character having many different skin colours, but also the parents' skin colours (I assume they are) are slightly different from the other people of the Alola region, I'm thinking that, just like with the RSE games your character has moved but is kind of shy about it... I realise that having a silent protag is better for the RPG element of the game, but subtle actions can probably show your character being shy about going out into the world till they get more and more Pokémon to connect to people... or maybe I'm giving Game Freak too much credit... I dunno, something that I thought of while watching the trailers and wanted to share.

Anyway, share your speculation, comment on other people's speculation, just don't bash people for speculating because you don't like it (you did open this topic, that's like falling for a clickbait thumbnail then complaining about the clickbait thumbnail).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Fizzysoda likes this.
  2. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    You know, since the trailer's message (in my opinion) is to leave your comfort zone and try to embrace change, maybe the plot is going to revolve around that idea.

This speculation of mine is a bit of a stretch but maybe something wrong is happening to Alola's ecosystem, but people keep denying it saying that everything looks fine and keep building more and more tourist attractions and hotels, causing damage to coral reefs and forests. An extremist group decides to take action, by harnessing the power of the Sun/Moon deity to somehow restore balance? Maybe Zygarde's new form has some connection to the sun/moon legends?

Totally unrelated, but what if Alola has the most advanced telescope and observatory on Poke-earth and some evil people are trying to unravel the secrets of the stars by taking over? Maybe Alola has a Moondial like the Sundial in Kalos and it's got something to do with summoning the third legendary?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    Another thing that I meant to mention, anyone else notice how small the map appeared, as well as the slightly lighter ocean in the top right corner. I honestly think based on the region being based on Hawaii, we will possibly have multiple mainlands. Also, looking at this island, the town looks kind of spread across the island, or at least some stuff that didn't make 8 towns plausible on the new island. So I think there will be multiple islands in the game, not just the single one.

4. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    That is exactly what I was thinking! The size of the map did look small, so maybe there would be many islands to travel around on, just as Hawaii has many islands. Maybe you can travel by boat and put your Pokémon in the boats too like the concept art depicting the Pokémon in the trucks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.