1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Fav Gen and Your Sun/Moon Starter?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by XyzioN, May 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XyzioN

XyzioN Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    What is everyones favorite Pokémon generation? Mine is probably Diamond and Pearl because i finally got a really good set up for my first ever Pokémon team.

Second off what version between sun&moon do you plan to choose and why? I plan to get Moon unless the legendary is a Water type mostly cause I plan to choose Popplio

Thirdly What Starter do you plan to choose and why?

I'm debating with either Popplio or Rowlett, I've always loved the fire type vibes and love fire types in general but I honestly do not like Litten at all for some reason. Overall I wanna go with a physical typed Popplio since I love competitive battling running him/her with a max speed, max attack EV set.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    My favourite Generation is Generation III, as it's the Generation I started with and have the most fond memories of. However, my favourite game is Heart Gold/Soul Silver, which is a Gen II remake in Gen IV. However, Generation III is still my favourite.

I'm planning on getting Pokémon Sun version, because the Moon legendary just doesn't look appealing to me, and I plan on picking Litten as my starter.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. XyzioN

XyzioN Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    So you plan to get the game with the fire legendary, and pick the fire starter xD that's why I'm picking Popplio if I get Pokémon Sun

4. brsajo

brsajo Idioddish

Sproot
    (Oddish)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,218.2
    My favourite generation is gen V because it added a bunch of Pokémon that I love and had great music and in my opinion, the best story out of all the main games. My favourite game would probably be SoulSilver/HeartGold because Soul Silver was my first Pokémon video game and it has two regions worth of content. Also it was awesome to have your Pokémon follow you :3 .

I'm planning on getting Pokémon Moon version, because the Sun legendary just doesn't look appealing to me, and I plan on picking Popplio as my starter because it's the underdog and I usually get the water starters anyway. Litten would be my second choice, because for some reason I just don't like Rowlet. Maybe it's because it looks like it belongs in animal crossing. Or maybe I'm just hipster like that :P
    I hope Litten will have a better attack stat than Litleo XD

5. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    My favorite is Gen 3 or 5, but my moon starter will most likely be Litten.

6. CommandoGirl1127

PokéPoints:
    ₽18.3
    I like both Diamond and Pearl and X and Y because I think I (My older sis!) had a nintendo when the DP game came out so I could play it and honestly wouldn't have known that it was DP except I remember having a torterra on my team (I was like 4-7 when I played!) and then I recently caught up with XY and it seemed pretty fun.
    I'd go for the Sun version because... is the Moon legendary a BAT??? I mean, I do like nocturnal animals and the background looks cool and all but... it just doesn't appeal me. Good thing that you can choose from 2 different games. And I also like the cat family- including lions, even though they're not exactly my favorite animals.
    My Sun/Moon starter if I even get the game will be Rowlett. I fell in love with the guy ever since I saw him and even his fan-made final evolutions looked cool so I am crossing my fingers that my mom will finally loosen up and that Game Freak has some good inspirations.

7. eeveeongirl

eeveeongirl Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.6
    My favorite gen? Hard to say probably 3 or 5. Favorite game ends up between Black/White and ORAS or Emerald. Gen 5 has my favorite starter, Mudkip, but gen 5 until recently had my favorite starter trio (Oshowatt best starter for Unova). However, gen 7 starters came through and as of now are my favorite trio though Mudkip and Oshowatt remain my favorite starters.

I'm actually getting both games day one, but plan on using sun for my main game and moon for nuzlockes. So I guess I'm technically choosing Sun. As for my starter, I'm going with Rowlet because owls are my favorite bird and one of my favorite animals, especially Tyto owls like Rowlet is based on (Barn owls, Sooty owls, and Grass owls they have the white face). I really like popplio's and litten's designs too though and find them all charming but gotta go with my owl friend....unless the evolutions make me change my mind but that will take a lot of bad design for rowlet's to make me switch. These games have me so hyped and if they can some how match black/white's story then they may just rise to the top of my list

8. DLeck6211

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    My favorite gen is Gen 2 and 4. I've logged a lot of hours into Crystal version and same goes with SS. I can't leave Sinnoh out either because I had a lot if fun with that too.

I'll probably pick Litten because it's a cat and love most of the fire type starters.

9. Pbear

Pbear Space Polar Bear

PokéPoints:
    ₽43.8
    my favorite generation is gen 4 and, unless the second or final evolutions are revealed, my moon starter will be rowlet

10. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Definitely gen V and III. Unova was my precious and I loved a lot of the Pokémon introduced here, plus I absolutely adored Cilan an BW2!Cheren so they were huge pluses. I tend to like the underrated generations. Hoenn was one of my favorites too and I spent hundreds of hours playing through RSE/making tons of new files. My close friends were also actively playing and that made the obsession grow so much stronger. We'd mix records to get our secret bases in our main games, then continue restarting our secondary copies to replay and mix records with our main games again. ♫

idk about my Sun & Moon starter yet. ;3; Depends on the evolutions. I do love cats a lot though so that's tempting, but I'm not a fan of fire types...

11. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    For Pokémon, I'd say gen 3 & 5. Gen three has a lot of Pokémon that I use now a days and gen five is like a fresh new start in Pokémon. :3
    For story, gen 4 is my favorite. The stories about Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, and the lake trio are amazing! And Team Galactic are a lot more conquering than the other villains. :P

For the starter of sun/moon, I am probably going to go for Litten since I'm usually the fire starter user :sweat:

12. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Gen 5 and 6 are probably my favorite! 5 because the games were really good and the sequel was a bonus, and 6 because I love Hoenn and the RS remakes were probably my favorite games to date, ahah.

I'm definitely picking Litten!

13. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    Rowlet. An owl starter than can turn its head all the way around? Oh please sign me up!

14. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    My favorite generations is 5, though 4 comes close behind it in second. As for which version I am getting, that would be sun. Everything about that game appeals to me more than Moon. I love Solgaleo and I love the sun more than the moon. I will be choosing Rowlet as my first starter Pokémon in the new region.

15. Heavenly

Heavenly Just Smile!

PokéPoints:
    ₽83.2
    My favorite generation in Pokémon has to be Generation 4. It was the time as a kid I got really into Pokémon for the first time, and so had all of my friends. I have many good memories from it, including the great battles, my first level 100 ever being my Empoleon, and just the general enjoyment I had while playing the games. Playing it nowadays is always an enjoyment to me, so I tend to hunt down copies when I can for cheap since I haven't had much luck otherwise. My Diamond I have as of right now has to be at about 500 hours, which is fun to think about.

My planned Sun and Moon starter is Rowlet, its such a fun design, I love owls, and everything about it just looks great to me. Definitely a guaranteed for me compared to most generations.

16. timberjacke

PokéPoints:
    ₽59.9
    My favorite generation is probably the third because it's my first. It was one of the most challenging too out of all the rest, in my opinion.. It took me a while to plummet the elite fours, defeat Maxie, and earn all the contest ribbons for my prized Swampert. Oh, and I also caught my first ever shiny here -a Tropius!

I'm definitely going with Popplio! I'm not gonna end my water starter streak, and I'm excited to see Popplio's evolution line.

17. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,397.0
    My favorite generation would probably have to be Gen IV. I love Team Galactic, the legendary Pokémon, and the overall new cast of Pokémon that included new evolutions that I loved such as Rhyperior and Electivire. Sinnoh was an amazing region, and I rather enjoyed all of the different characters. Barry is one of my favorite rivals as well, so that just adds to how much I like it.

As of now, I'm going with Rowlet all the way B)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.