1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

LVDL Season 2 - Competitive Pokémon Draft League

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by UltraHaxorus, May 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    Welcome to the Lake Valor Draft League Season 2!
    For those of you who don't know what the LVDL is, it is a competitive Pokémon draft league with a format similar to that of the UCL. In this format, each coach will draft 3 Pokémon from each of the 4 Smogon Tiers (OU, UU, RU, NU). Pokémon in the BL tiers will be counted with the tier above. (BL counts as OU, BL2 counts as UU, etc.) PU, NFE, and LC will be counted as NU. We will be abiding by Smogon OU rules and not LV OU (Aegislash and Greninja, among others are still banned.) ​
    With these 12 Pokémon, the coaches will go into 7 weeks of battle with each other member. The coaches will use 6 out of the 12 Pokémon to try and counter-team the opponent and build the best team possible. The 4 coaches with the highest record at the end of the regular season will be in the playoffs and battle for the title.​
    The Draft
    The date of the draft is still to be determined. (We will draft sometime in June and the battles will start in 1 or 2 weeks after). During the draft, the coaches will draft 3 Pokémon from each of the 4 tiers of Smogon. The draft will be split into 4 sections with OU being the first, UU in the second, RU third, and NU last. During each round, coaches will draft Pokémon from that tier and only that tier. The draft will most likely take place over Discord. The coaches will be asked to draft their Pokémon under a time limit. A public Google document will be available for the coaches to see how the other coaches teams are forming up. The draft order will be randomized right before starting each new tier. The coaches will have no heads-up before the draft. The draft order will be different for each tier. The order will snake, meaning the order of the draft will be reversed after each round of the draft. (If a coach has the first pick of the first round of OU, during the second round, that coach will have the last pick and they will have the first pick in the third round.) All coaches are encouraged to make it in time to the draft. If you miss the draft, then you would pick from the list of all remaining Pokémon afterwards. Each coach will be allowed to draft 1 Mega Evolution. You will have to specify that that is the Mega when you draft it. If a coach drafts a Mega, another coach cannot draft the regular form of that Mega. This also works the opposite way, if someone drafts a Pokémon that has a Mega Evolution but is not using it as the Mega, another coach may not draft the Mega form of that Pokémon. A Mega that is OU by technicality has to be drafted in OU. If you draft a Pokémon with an ability banned to OU, it has to be in the OU section. (Ex: If you plan to use Drizzle Politoed, you have to draft Politoed in OU. However, if you decided to draft Politoed in the NU section, you cannot use Drizzle.) Different forms of Pokémon like Rotom or Kyurem is allowed to be drafted separately.​
    Trading and Free Agency
    Teams are allowed to trade Pokémon with another team. The traded Pokémon has to be in the same tier. After you've traded for a Pokémon, that Pokémon has to be on your team for the rest of the season. Once a trade has been agreed, it will come into effect the following week so that teams can prepare. (If you and another coach decided to trade for a Pokémon in Week 2, that trade will come into effect in Week 3.) Once a trade has been agreed on, both participants will PM me with confirmation. PMs can be on LV, Skype or Discord. Coaches are only allowed to trade twice. No trades are allowed after Week 5 of the season. Also, each team is allowed to have one free agency pick up. This means that a coach can drop one of the Pokémon they drafted and can add a Pokémon that is undrafted/dropped by a team, to their team. Like with trading, the two Pokémon must be in the same tier, the Pokémon you added has to stay on your roster for the entirety of the season, and the deadline for all free agent pick ups is Week 5. The free agent pick up will be recognized one week after the pick up was requested. To pick up a free agent, you must contact me with the two Pokémon taking part in the process. ​
    Battle Rules
    Battles will be in OU format and will take place on Showdown.​
    You may only use Pokémon that you drafted or traded for.​
    You are not required to bring a Mega Stone on the Pokémon that you drafted as your Mega.​
    You and your opponent must schedule your own battles. ​
    If your opponent doesn't show, PM me with a screenshot of you two agreeing to the time. ​
    If battles need to be postponed, they will be postponed to the next week. If the battle isn't there after that week, it will be counted as a draw. ​
    After each battle, a coach must provide me or Bionic Puppy the link of the battle replay. If there was trouble in acquiring a battle replay, take a screenshot of the result and send it to me. ​
    All replays will be available for the other coaches to see. The replays will be posted on a separate post made by @[member="Bionic Puppy"]. ​
    The week starts on Monday and you can have your battle anytime between Monday and Sunday. All replays have to be given by Sunday.​
    LV Forums Rules apply.​
    The Teams
    Team Name: Philadelphia Flygons​
    LV Name: UltraHaxorus​
    Showdown Name: UltraHaxorus​
    Timezone: GMT-5​
    Team Members:​

Keldeo, M-Venusaur, Kyurem-Black, Infernape, Nidoking, Metagross, Jolteon, Togetic, Drapion, Pinsir, Cryogonal, Dusknoir.
    Team Name: West Midland Weaviles​
    LV Name: Reborn​
    Showdown Name: rebornfx​
    Timezone: GMT+1​
    Mega Medicham, Jirachi, Weavile, Salamence, Rotom-Heat, Suicune, Aromatisse, Rhyperior, Jellicent, Skuntank, Lilligant, Leavanny.​
    Team Name: Hampshire Hoopas​
    LV Name: Bionic Puppy​
    Showdown Name: Bionic Puppy​
    Mega Gardevoir, Talonflame, Garchomp, Tentacruel, Mamoswine, Chandelure, Rotom-Cut, Eelektross, Uxie, Ferroseed, Primeape, Gastrodon.​
    Team Name: Sea Isle Seakings​
    LV Name: Gentlemenian​
    Showdown Name: PIG ARMY​
    Volcanion, Ferrothorn, Mega Altaria, Donphan, Alakazam, Galvantula, Flygon, Blastoise, Sneasel, Garbodor, Throh, Fearow.​
    Team Name: Amsterdam Azelf​
    LV Name: xXAmarillaXx​
    Showdown Name: xXAmarillaXx​
    Timezone: GMT+2​
    Mew, Mega Lopunny, Scolipede, Sylveon, Arcanine, Haxorus, Registeel, Alomomola, Tangrowth, Ditto, Sandlash, Liepard.​
    Team Name: Finland Frogadiers​
    LV Name: The Finland Frogadiers​
    Showdown Name: FinlandFrogadiers​
    Timezone: EEST+3​
    Manaphy, Victini, Zapdos, Nidoqueen, Shaymin, Mega Absol, Hitmontop, Bronzong, Druddigon, Mismagius, Miltank, Lanturn.​
    Team Name: Warren Weedles​
    LV Name: Endrew Swiftwind​
    Showdown Name: Endrew​
    Mega Latias, Azumarill, Chansey, Forretress, Entei, Hydreigon, Houndoom, Trevenant, Golbat, Haunter, Pyroar, Mightyena.​
    Team Name: Dublin Donphans​
    LV Name: Alan​
    Showdown Name: qwertyftw​
    Tornadus-Therian, Amoonguss, Latios, Mega Aggron, Feraligatr, Florges, Granbull, Fletchinder, Hitmonlee, Claydol, Electivire, Shiftry.​
    Schedule
    [​IMG]
    Standings After Week 3
    1. Donphans: 2-1
    2. Frogadiers: 2-1​
    3. Hoopas:2-1​
    4. Seakings: 2-1​
    5. Weedles: 2-1​
    6. Flygons: 1-2​
    7. Weaviles: 1-2​
    8. Azelfs: 0-3​
    These orders are based on alphabetical order. Any ties in records will be dealt with with tiebreakers if needed before the postseason.​
    And that's pretty much it. The draft date and time will be determined at a later time. Coaches are encouraged to post draft recaps, team building and battle recaps on your blogs. It'll be a fun read and the rest of the LV community will be able interact in the LVDL. You don't have to if you don't want to give away your team building process or if writing these things takes too much time. If I left anything out or if you have any questions, just leave a comment down below.​
    ATTENTION!!!
    1. Mega Metagross is BANNED from the LVDL. You may NOT draft this Pokémon, while you can draft regular Metagross.
    2. The Discord chat would now be moved to the lvdl section of the main LV Discord. Just get on the main chat and click on the lvdl channel.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    Sounds good, you've put a hell of a lot of work into the intro, it looks really nice!

I have to ask for MMeta to not be banned, one reason to hack off Gemtlemenian but also because it has a lot of exploitable weaknesses that are seen freequently in the draft league format, including Ghost, Dark and Ground. Being able to be revenge killed easily by key threats, metagross is good, but certainly not ban worthy

Also if anyone needs some Draft League advise the "Global Battle Association" on YouTube offer very good advise, as do I, although I may be more limited in help as I am also a coach, meaning I can't see your draft without your permission however, but I can give advise on cores and types.

But yeah, looking forward to it! May everyone have a great time and good luck! n_n

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    Thanks @[member="Bionic Puppy"] although this is nothing compared to Reborn's post from last time ^_^

4. The Finland Frogadiers

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    As for right now I feel like M-Metagross should be banned. But if it's not going to be banned, that's also fine. It just will be very hard to prepare and counter due to it's great movepool and overall power&bulk.

5. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    All right Reborn said he wants Mega Gross to be banned so the vote is currently 2-1 in favor of ban.

6. Gentlemenian

Gentlemenian Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    OKAY SO I HAD THIS GIANT ESSAY READY FOR WHETHER OR NOT I THINK WE SHOULD BAN MEGA METAGROSS TO TYPE HERE AND I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED ALL OF IT. I AM QUITE UPSET. MY VOTE IS TO BAN MEGA METAGROSS. IT'S TOO STRONG, TOO FAST, TOO BULKY, IT'S TYPING IS GREAT, IT'S MOVEPOOL IS GREAT AND A 252 ATTACK ADAMANT MEGA METAGROSS'S ATTACK STAT IS EQUAL TO THAT OF A 252 ATTACK ADAMANT POKÉMON WITH BASE 203 ATTACK DUE TO TOUGH CLAWS.

7. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    @[member="Gentlemenian"] Well Uh sorry about your essay, but you got your point across so its all good. The vote is now 3-1 for banning Gross. Only one more ban vote is needed to secure the ban.

8. Alan

Alan Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽13.9
    I see bp's point on how to counter metagross but cmon the attack stat the bulk the speed and the movepool are just too good for a draft league so its a no from me and a goodbye to mega gross

9. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    All right its settle then. 4 votes have been reached in favor of banning Mega Metagross. Coaches may not draft this Pokémon.

10. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    Does NU encompass PU/NFE/LC? Why anyone would choose LC, I know not, but my question still stands. I also request that splash be banned.

11. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    @[member="Endrew Swiftwind"] Yeah like I said on the post, NU does include PU/NFE/LC.

12. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    Woops, I missed that part when I first read through. I just saw the "Only from those tiers" part from later on when discussing the draft

13. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    UPDATE: The schedule for the league is up! The date of the draft is planned to be either June 17th or 18th. If any of you has any problems with those dates let me know.

14. The Finland Frogadiers

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Both of dates should be fine for me!

15. xXAmarillaXx

xXAmarillaXx Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    I dont think M gross should be banned , it should be fun to use or even prep for since it sure is very powerful but if you prep well enough for it you can beat it for sure. And about the draft , I think everything is fine, Im exited. :p

16. Pitmore

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    Those dates are fine for me too! The time is the mainthing though, as my timezone is slightly tricky, when will the time be?

17. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    @[member="Bionic Puppy"] I think most of you are 6 hours ahead of my timezone and the rest are in my timezone. The draft will most likely start at 3-5 PM EST depending on the day since of the days is a Friday and I have school.

Although I think Daylight Savings Time makes me GMT - 4 but I'm not sure.

18. Gentlemenian

Gentlemenian Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    The dates should work for me. If anything comes up I'll be sure to let you guys know!

19. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
    Teams are now allowed to have ONE free agency transaction after the draft. To find out more on what that is, read the rules above. If there are any questions, leave a comment down below.

20. Pitmore

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    I love you Ultra. I always screw up at least one mon in my draft (I can't hep it if msable looks so beutiful)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.