1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Attack Of The Pokedex

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Apawn, Jun 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    This Thread Is To Discuss this new Rotom Form. This Looks so cool I can't even. Can we battle with it? How many different things can we do with it? What Type Would It Be If It Was A Battle Able Pokémon (Steel/Electric Maybe....)? There is so much that can be said I don't even know where to start guys!!!

Discuss!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    I REALLY don't think it will be useable in battle... My problem is that Rotom are supposed to be Pokémon of mischief... why are these Rotom willingly helping people... Also, their face terrifies me to no end.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Vanillite likes this.
  3. Starry Windy

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.1
    Personally I think Rotom inside of the Pokédex is not meant to be battled with, but still, it's neat for me, because it might become useful navigator of some sort. This makes me wondering if Prof. Oak and his Rotom helped to make this into fruition as well.

4. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Personally, I wonder if this Rotom will make it possible to talk with Pokémon... It would be pretty awesome! Also, it's extremely helpful to have that map on the bottom screen. I can't believe this is the first time they've added a map this detailed to a (mainstream) Pokémon game...
    I really like the Rotom Pokédex because it gives the Pokédex its own personal vibe.

5. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I doubt it will be used for battle. That's important technology right there! Imagine completeing your Nat Dex and getting all your progress ruined by a Charizard's Flamethrower. smh.

It looks rlly cute though, I'm kinda excited for this feature haha. It's also neat seeing them do something with Rotom again, especially as a Pokédex form.

Apawn likes this.
  6. Catilena1890

Catilena1890 The Resident Kitty-Fox

PokéPoints:
    ₽31.0
    The thing I find interesting about this Pokédex is that, for a brief moment in the gameplay trailer, we saw it talking, Does this mean we can talk to our Pokémon with it? It would almost be a new level of humans and Pokémon coming together.

And on that note, when the Sun/Moon anime starts up, and Ash gets one of these pokedexes, does that mean he'll be able to somewhat understand his Pokémon? And if so, where does that leave Team Rocket's Meowth, whose entire gimmick is that he's a talking meowth wh gives us exposition?

7. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    I'm kind of disappointed to see Rotom being used as a Pokédex, as it's my favorite Pokémon. Like Sachi said, it's a Pokémon of mischief, so it's kind of wonky that it's helping someone willingly. And, is this Rotom Pokédex used by everyone with a Pokédex, or is it just the protag? I'd hope just the protag, as Rotom is supposed to be rare and holy shit that'd be a lot of Rotoms behaving out of character.

But with this release, hopefully that means we'll be getting more forms that we can use in battle!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.