1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Theory Time with Sachi - Sogaleo and Lunaala

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Sachi-Shimazu, Jun 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    Okay, so I'm sure by now almost everyone has heard the theory of hope and despair surrounding the two new legendaries for Pokémon. Well, I honestly thing the typing of Sogaleo as well as a few other factors in the newest trailer have practically dismissed them being solely the gods of the Sun and Moon and otherwise supported this theory more.

Keep in mind, this is all speculation, none of this for the moment is proven fact, so if you don't like theories and you read this and you blow up at me, you've been warned like... three times now so don't kill me for theorizing.

The theory originally came about with the Japanese trailer for those who don't know, which is still one of my favourite ads ever. If you watch it closely, Shohei is coloured blue, he shuts himself away at night due to not having any frieds here and all his worry and despair is plainly need on his face, all while he is looking at the moon at night. Meanwhile, Hoku was the popular kid (and not in a stupid Disney movie kind of way), wore red, was bright, happy, filled with hope. When Shohei finally gets the courage to go and talk to him, it's bright, it's sunny, and he has hope for the future.

I was going to make some note here on how Sogaleo's steel typing may have represented the chemical composition of the sun, but I was wrong cause it's the Earth that has the huge lump of metal in the centre. So onto the main theory.

Now, some of this will seem like incomprehensible brain dumps, while other things are more thought out, but let's go. First of all, the Psychic typing of both Lunaala and Sogaleo. This is what makes the most sense when you look at it from a hope and despair PoV. Hope and Despair are both emotions, both mental ideas, Psychic types are known for having something to do with the mind. You have to think hopefully or think in a way that brings despair, contrary to what Smile!Precure would lead you to believe. Them being Psychic types makes a lot of sense. Now, Sogaleo's typing and his ability are things I have an idea about. Full Metal Body appears to be like Clear Body, but I believe that firstly there maybe be a secondary effect added on top, but also that it fits into the hope and courage thing. Sogaleo is not swayed by negative thoughts or actions, he has a "will of iron" and doesn't give up, thus negative moves are not effecting him. Now, the steel typing goes with that as well as the fact that Sogaleo is immune to poison. Once again, stupid philosophical sounding stuff, but his will and courage can't be poisoned and all that jazz (I told you this would be mindless brain dump at times). Now... as for Lunaala I have a theory on Shadow Shield but that's irrelevant, but the ghost type is more psychological philosophical BS again. Despair feeds off of other people's despair, I think I've heard that line from something, and I think the fact that Lunaala is literally weak to itself, as well as every Pokémon that is fear or despair inducing (Dark and Ghost) makes a show of this.

...You're still here? It's over... go home... I have nothing more to say...

Okay, Shadow Shield will basically be Thick Fat for Dark and Ghost moves, you happy?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    But the description for Shadow Shield says that the Pokémon will less damage from an attack if that Pokémon is at full health. Which is similar to Multiscale. If it was similar to Thick Fat, it would say something along the lines of "This Pokémon takes reduced damage from Dark and Ghost type moves".

I get where you're coming from since "Shadow Shield" protects against shadows (ghost and dark types), but the official description says otherwise.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    [member='UltraHaxorus']
    Wait... where was this official description...
    *dies*

Does kinda make more sense with my headcanon that Lunaala is a support Pokémon tho...

4. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    You can just go on the official Pokémon website and they should have a section with details on the two legends.

5. CommandoGirl1127

PokéPoints:
    ₽18.3
    So today, June 2, Nintendo released a video showing Solgaleo and Lunaala's typings and abilities- Solgaleo as Psychic/Steel and Lunaala as Psychic/ Ghost. Awesome!!!

6. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    Interesting pickup on Twitter about Shadow Shield by PokeKellz from The Dex, Shadow Shield says a Pokémon at full health, not this Pokémon at full health. While it doesn't fit into the original theory at all, I feel like if this is a Pokémon that is a Multiscale on all Pokémon in a Doubles, my headcanon of Lunaala being a support Pokémon may be true.

7. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Honestly #teamLunalaa

The psychic/ghost typing is too awesome to resist for me, even though I absolutely love psychic/steel. Sungaleo looks really cool, but like Reshiram's dragon/fire typing, I'm a bit iffy.

But anyway, @[member="Sachi-Shimazu"], I think you had a great idea for Shadow Shield, even if it wasn't the actual ability. That kind of power would be absolutely insane on Lunalaa, though, since Dark and Ghost are its only weaknesses.

Sachi-Shimazu likes this.
  8. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Lunalaa is awesome. I really wanted a psychic ghost type Pokémon. As for the theory you seems to have logic. Even if shadow shield isn't an ability i am really happy to imagine how good it turned out to be. With that power Lunalaa would rock. Though its rocking right now too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.