1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

[POLL] Status Conditions!

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Pixel, Jun 8, 2016.

?

Which Status Condition do you tend to inflict most?

1. Poison (Toxic-Poison included)

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Burn

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Paralysis

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Confusion

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Frozen

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. Sleep

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Status Conditions! Anyone who's ever played Pokémon knows them, and you either love 'em or loathe 'em. So, let's discuss 'em!

I've also included a poll, to see what the general consensus of LV is regarding status conditions!

I tend to inflict Poison, specifically Toxic-poison, most often. Toxic-poison is just so reliable in the way it drains the opponent's HP, gradually increasing over time. This is perfect for taking down huge HP tanks.

The status condition I have trouble dealing with is Confusion. I get the worst luck with confusion, especially during casual play-throughs. I often have a Pokémon with a setup move on my team, usually one that increases the Attack stat, so when that Pokémon gets confused, I just know it's going to hit itself 80% of the time.

My favourite status condition has to be Sleep. It's so versatile in the ways it can be used. It increases the capture rate of wild Pokémon, it completely immobilises opponents for a few turns, and can be used in many different combos. My personal Top 3 combos revolving around the Sleep status condition are Mega Gardevoir with Hypnosis and Dream Eater, an odd set, but it did manage to get me through all 50 Battles in the Maison, and then single-handedly defeat the Chatellaine; Vivillon with Sleep Powder, a more common set that utilises the sleeping turns to set up the usually weak Vivillon into an absolute beast; and Suicune with Rest and Sleep Talk, probably the most common Suicune set, ran with Scald and Calm Mind, it's awesome to be able to heal Suicune's HP fully and continue attacking with it. I also get pretty good luck with Sleep Talk, and I'm awesome at predicting when my Suicune will wake up from sleeping.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    The status I inflict the most has got to be burn. Will-o-wisp and Scald are two fairly spammable moves that not many Pokémon enjoy taking. Physical mons essentially become non-issues and the residual damage can help to bring Pokémon in to a range where they can be revenge killed.

Worst status to deal with is paralysis, mostly because what happens is out of my control. The speed cut is annoying but not unmanageable but the fact that a T wave Clef can 1v1 pretty much any Pokémon in the game after a para with enough luck is frustrating.

And again, my favourite status has to be burn just simply because the only Pokémon that appreciate taking a burn are Natural Cure mons (which don't care about any status so are irrelevant) and Fires, which if you're clicking Scald most likely don't want to switch in anyway. I don't like relying on a Scald burn, but they often make life a lot easier when they happen (or a pain when they happen to me).

Oh also, your Pokémon always wakes up on the 3rd turn of sleep after Rest. There's no prediction in it, just count the turns.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Now that you mention it, I always did predict I'd wake up on the 3rd turn.

Now I feel less special :(

4. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    Haha it's all good :P It took me a while to realise that as well.

5. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    I tend to burn everything to death more often than anything. It puts a timer on most physical Pokémon and.... well, sometimes it's not very hard to land burns when you have Scald on your side. Also, I may or may not have Sableye as one of my favorite pokes, who's whole job is to pretty much burn everything.

I just really hate dealing with Paralysis. The speed drop is annoying, sure, but the main problem is that you just have a chance to not do anything at all. 25% happens a lot more than some people think. I've once even been fully Paralyzed for a grand total of 7 turns in a row. I'd like someone to run some numbers and tell me the statistical chances of that happening.

I like burning the most for the reasons above, and in that it's just... so easy to do sometimes.

6. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    Poison (Especially toxic) is definitely what I inflict most. Considering almost every team I use nowadays has a Toxic Spike/Spike/Stealth rock/ Explosion Forretress, it shouldn't be too surprising. Plus I really like Toxic Orb Quick Feet Mightyena. I really hate Paralysis, just because I have terrible luck with it. There have been quite a few battles that I lost due to double or triple paralysis. Toxic is also my favorite, as it puts a short timer on a lot of Pokémon. I'd say that I, like most people, only like status's that help me.

7. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    Confusion is the one I inflict the most, and is my favorite. Not only does it stop a Pokémon from doing a move, but it also deals damage to the inflicted Pokémon. Combine this work paralysis and you've got a good stall going.

My worst to deal with in battle is actually sleep. I don't know why, but I have a lot of issues and bad luck dealing with it.

8. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    I tend to use burns the most because while paralysis is great for the randomness factor of not being able to move, burns are great because they can cripple threats to your team better than paralysis most of the the time because it shuts down Physical walls. The added bonus is that it slowly deals damage to the opponent making it easier to get a kill on them or have the burn revenge kill them.

Meanwhile my least favourite one to deal with is Paralysis. I personally hate dealing with it due to using tankier Pokémon that don't have the greatest speed to begin with. Most of the physical attackers I use are fire type anyway so they don't have too much of a problem with burns, but Paralysis is frustrating to deal with cause it makes my slower Pokémon even slower.

My favourite one to use is Confusion for the reason that it's so fin to use. It shuts down opponents in the most satisfying way, and it's more unpredictable than sleep given that will consistently last a maximum of 3 turns. Freeze is also fun to usesatisfyingng your opponent rek themselves is SO SATISFYING... I like Pranster Sableye over Mega any day ;)

9. Alan

Alan Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽13.9
    So am i the only one that enjoys haxing people to death with paralysis and iron head jirachi? Like i know its annoying but i get so much fun out of me just not letting other people move.

Even though in my opinion sleep is the one that stands out to me the most. The rng make it most intresting because if your not using rest you never know when you are going to wake up which makes it so inbalanced but yet so fun to play around

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.