1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon Sun and Moon - Sleepy Koalas, Rock Dogs and All Things Z

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Pixel, Jun 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Hey guys, [member='Aura'] here with your latest Sun and Moon news.

CoroCoro leaked today, revealing all the information given to us in June's official Pokémon announcement. But it also gave us a few new titbits, including some new Pokémon!

The first new Pokémon is called Nekkoala (ネッコアラ - NEKKOARA), and is a Normal-type Pokémon. Its classification is the Half Awake Pokémon, and it has a new ability called "Definite Sleep", which only allows it to be affected by the Sleep status condition.

[​IMG]

The next new Pokémon is called Iwanko (イワンコ - IWANKO), and is a Rock-type. Its classification is the Puppy Pokémon, and it can have one of two abilities; Keen Eye or Vital Spirit. This Pokémon was previously hinted at in a CoroCoro exclusive trailer for Pokémon Sun and Moon, and the magazine also states that it, along with Rowlet, Litten and Popplio, hide some sort of secret.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some more information was revealed regarding Magearna as well. It will have an ability called "Soul Heart", a new move called "Fleur Cannon", and it will be distributed at the premiere of Pokémon the Movie: Volcanion and the Ingenious Magearna via the new QR codes that will work with Pokémon Sun and Moon's Pokédex. It will come at Lv. 50 with it's new move Fleur Cannon, as well as Flash Cannon, Lucky Chant and Helping Hand.

[​IMG]

Finally, during today's Taiwanese VGC National Championship Tournament, the first footage for Zygarde 10% Forme and Zygarde Complete Forme were shown to the public. The trailer starts with Zygarde in it's 10% Forme, being attacked by a Garchomp. Its HP is lowered to the red zone, where an ability called "Swarm Change" activates, transforming it into Zygarde Complete Forme. This Zygarde then goes on to attack the Garchomp with an attacking translated as "Core Punisher", which involves Zygarde firing a green beam at Garchomp, forming the letter "Z" in the ground with green energy and knocking out the Garchomp. It is also been confirmed that Zygarde 10% will have access to "Thousand Arrows" and "Thousand Waves", two moves found within the code of XYORAS with similar attributes to Zygarde's signature move "Land's Wrath". The leaked trailer can be viewed here, while the official trailer for Zygarde 10% can be viewed here, and the official trailer for Zygarde Complete can be viewed here. The English trailer featuring both Zygarde forms can be seen here.

Well that's it for this update! This is [member='Aura'], signing out until next time~!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PlatoXaiver

PlatoXaiver What did he forget? What did he remember?

PokéPoints:
    ₽68.2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7cW0F4JMsc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeZ_8s_kWXg

I'll let these speak for themselves
    I didn't wanna make a new topic so
    Here

3. Manaphymajic1999

PokéPoints:
    ₽42.9
    Leaks! Finally... Tho... A dingo and a Koala? Or something that looks like it? Why those in... Hawaii? Is that official? Are they really doing Hawaii? That map seems rather small for a game...

Anyway, those two Pokémon look extremely Aussie, especially the first. Hmmmm.... Must think upon this new revelation...

4. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I really like the new Pokémon that were revealed, especially Iwanko! It's really cute, and I'm glad that we have confirmation on what that Pokémon was in that one Japanese trailer a couple weeks ago. Its design is cute and simple, I can't wait to see what it might evolve into. I'm not a huge fan of koalas, but I really like its design, plus the ability is surprisingly good. A Pokémon that can Rest but can't be burned, paralyzed, poisoned, etc. is amazing. I hope its evolution takes advantage of that ability!

Also I am SO HAPPY that we finally have some information about Zygarde! Even though it isn't a whole lot, just the fact that it's actually in the games is more than enough for me. Its 10% form looks awesome, and its 100% form is incredible. Its attack looks just as amazing as Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent, and that's saying something. I am hoping that it has some ties to the story- possibly a post-game story arc related to it? Regardless, I hope it comes into play somewhere in the story.

It's possible that the dog is based after the Hawaiian Poi Dog, an extinct species of dog that was native to Hawaii that was revered as a spiritual protector of children. It does look somewhat similar, as well. As far as the koala goes, I'm not quite sure, but Pokémon isn't exactly known to stick to natives species of real-world regions. From what the map has shown, there is just as many (if more more) points of interest as Kalos. The island appearance is deceiving in that way- plus there may be hidden areas underwater or on other small islands that aren't shown on the main map.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    shinygiratinaz likes this.
  5. Alan

Alan Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽13.9
    Welp time to change my fave mon again. That koala is too damn cute tho.

6. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    I think I'm going to like that Koala. The man-made Pokémon is also quite interesting. Man, I'm slowly getting hyped for this game's release. :3

7. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    That dog is the cutest thing ever! I already love it. I sure hope it'll be in the right Exp group so that I can train it :3

8. Manaphymajic1999

PokéPoints:
    ₽42.9
    @[member="Deltheor"] You're quite right. And of course, there may well be some mammal in Hawaii that is similar to the Koala. As for Iwanko, it wouldn't really make sense to have a NPC running about with a Dingo, somewhat similar to the Coyote, but more dog-like rather than wolf-like. Especially with it out of it's Pokéball.

Actually, let me revise that... Gotta state the facts here, I suppose. Dingoes in general are quite harmless... They tend to be shy around humans, with only a few being agitated by the presence of humans. In the northern areas of the country it has been observed in towns and outskirts of cities, getting on fine with humans.

So really, it could be another Pokémon from Aus in Hawaii or it could be the Poi dog. (I couldn't see the similarities myself, but Imay not have been looking at the right stuff. I don't think you can take photos of an extinct animal...)

As for the hidden areas of the map... That is actually good thinking. It wouldn't be too har... OMFG They foreshadowed this... They did it in ORAS!

I was playing Alpha Sapphire as I wrote this and I challenged a diver... Ping Scuba Diving is a big business on Hawaii... There is lots of underwater places to explore...
    GG Nintendo... GFG...

9. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I actually knew, or rather predicted that there would be a koala Pokémon in the next generation. I just knew! However, I just really love the designs for both new Pokémon. I am also happy that they revealed the new Zygarde forms too.

10. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    YAY! An adorable koala and an adorable dog-like 'mon! The things is, I love most Australian animals, and dogs are practically my life. JUST TAKE MY MONEY, NINTENDO!

And Zygrade forms.... I really want that right this moment.

At the time of this post, 5 months and 6 days to go!

11. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    Aww Iwanko is so cute tho <3 I'll def have one on my team if I choose Rowlet. Iwanko can cover a lot of its weaknesses!

And Nekkoala's ability is kinda interesting! I hope the Pokémon itself is useful, at least. I wonder if it will gain a secondary type upon evolution?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.