1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Article Staff Interview - Satix edition

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Iridescent Isabelle, Jun 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Hello Valorians! This is [member="Iridescent Isabelle"] with a brand new Staff Interview! This time, I had the pleasure of interviewing the lovely [member="Satix"]. My questions will match the text colour you see here, while Satix's will be in this colour.

Let's start with an easy question: who are you? I'm Satix. I'm notorious for shitposting and making low quality jokes. I've been told, quite a few times, that I'm intimidating; though, I don't really see why. I'm really passionate about making sure people feel safe and welcome on LV, even if I go M.I.A. sometimes.

What is your role here on Lake Valor? I'm the founder of LV. I've been running forums (specifically LV in its different variations) for 7 or 8 years now. My job is pretty much general management. :)

Why did you choose this role? It was actually happened pretty passively. When LV first started, I was handling a lot more than management. I was also making the graphics and doing (admittedly poor) maintenance and bug fixes around LV. When Deltheor became an administrator, he started handling the graphics. From the minute he joined, Sanctuary pretty much took over all things coding and maintenance related and the site is infinitely better because of that. It's a bit hard finding things to do that I excel at, honestly.

Do you enjoy the role you play? It can be stressful at times, but I enjoy it. I'd like to start doing more when time allows, but I'd also like to find something I enjoy doing. Sanctuary would put me to work in the LV post mines if he could.

What do you like most about Lake Valor? The community, easily. I have been a part of many other forums and none have felt so close. We have some really great people here.

What's the story behind your username? I was writing a character for a roleplay back in the days of PGEF (my first form), and just kind of pieced together the name "Satix". I don't think I ever actually wrote the character into the roleplay because I ended up just using "Satix" (pronounced say-ticks) as my username.

Finally, describe Lake Valor in one word? Heartwarming. (Is that one word?)

On behalf of the Writer's Team, I'd like to thank [member="Satix"] for taking the time out of their busy schedule to answer these questions, and we'll see you in the next Staff Interview.
    Love,
    [member="Iridescent Isabelle"]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Shada, brsajo, Sanctuary and 8 others like this.
  2. Dashing Dom

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Nah it isn't, I defy you, Sah-ticks!

Neat post, I like the format and learned things I did not know!

brsajo and Megarai111 like this.
  3. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    Not a single joke about mozzarella sticks was made by Satix. I'm thoroughly disappointed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Wizard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.