1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon: The Rainbow of Song (IC thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Jun 24, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,622.7
    @tonochi @CattyNeko

Let's get the adventure going--sign ups will still be open if someone wants to join in.

The sun shone down of a majestic idol academy somewhere in Kanto, where throngs of aspiring idols both male and female listened to the chief idol and principal welcome them. "...By coming here today, you will learn more than just how to dance around in cute costumes and sing..." Giggles went up at this. "You'll learn how to find your own unique voice as an idol, and make friends and memories that will last a lifetime."

She smiled. "So on behalf of all of us here at Rainbow Music Academy...welcome."

Cheers filled the air as party poppers went off and confetti rained down on the grass before orderly lines began forming to receive their Superstar Pendants and be shown to their Closets, where the students would live while pursuing their idol studies.

A black haired boy sighed nostalgically before toying with the red pendant he wore. "Seems like only yesterday you were one of those aspiring idols, Serena.

"Yeah--I can't wait to see what this year's class brings." a blonde haired girl agreed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Haruka was not fond of large crowds, so while in this GIANT crowd of people she felt like she was going to faint. She was barely listening to what the principal was saying. When people started shooting off poppers she screamed and ducked.

She looked up and noticed everyone was forming lines for what seemed to be their Superstar Pendants. She still was flustered about what was going on so she just followed everyone into the line.

When it was her turn she had calmed down and could understand what the helper was saying. She took her pendant and a pice of paper that went over what he had said. Haruka didn't want to stay in that crowd any longer, so she ran to her closet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,622.7
    @tonochi

A guide met her in the hallway. "Welcome to your closet--it's not much right now, but that's because we haven't started decorating it yet!

She gave Haruka box of sparkling rainbow diamond shaped crystals with icons on them. "Here's a starter set of furniture and a few basic costumes."

She opened a clothing gift box and laid out three outfits on a bed with moon sheets she had placed near a window in one of the bedrooms. "This is Diamond Stage...your basic outfit." she gestured to a glittering white costume with shining diamond studs. "Diamond Parade--your marching band uniform for school pride week..." She gestured to a white and silver band uniform. "and Pure Rose." She gestured to a beautiful white dress with white roses for trim.

(I'm going to assume Haruka uses white/rainbow colored costumes, unless you tell me a different color--this will affect what stone your pendent will be and what costumes you get)

4. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Ayaka was growing very bored of the speech that the chief idol and the principal were saying. She knew that this year will be full of failures of trying to dance.

She has been such a failure at dancing, and everybody knows that to be an idol, you have to be flexible; You need to be able to sing, dance and act. But for dancing, it just seems to be hopeless for her.

After the chief has finally finished his speech, Ayaka noticed that everybody was lining up for something. She was very hungry, and she thought that it was free food.

"Oh, how dumb of me. Thinking that there will be free food waiting at the end of this line.... It just seems to be the line to get out Superstar Pendants" Ayaka said, silently.

The helper told her a lot of things about her pendant, that she should not try to lose or break it, or it could possibly be the end of her idol life.

She didn't have anything else to do in the hall, so she decided to look around in the hallway.

5. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,622.7
    @CattyNeko;

(the chief idol is a girl--also, what color is your pendant's jewel? This will affect what costumes and Star Powers you will get)

The hallway was lined with rows and rows of doors, save for the occasional sign denoting where the stairs were, where the lounges with vending machines were, or where the emergency exits were, or proper etiquette for entering a Closet that was not your own

Some of the doors indicated that their owners were inside, be this conversation, instruments playing, or the thumps of footsteps dancing.

A guide carrying a box of starter furnishings and costumes was waiting for her by an empty Closet. "Hello...you must be Ayaka...and welcome to your Closet." she smiled as she opened the door into a complex of empty rooms. "I know it doesn't look like much, but that's because we haven't started decorating it yet

6. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    (Is it okay to use a color close to Amethyst? Something like, purple or violet?)

Ayaka stares at her room, thinking about all of the things she could do inside.

"Thank you miss, I appreciate it" Ayaka said, wearing a soft smile in her face "You can put down the furniture over there. I'll start to decorate now" Ayaka said.

She didn't really know how to decorate her room, the only thing that she wants is to make it look like home, and be comfortable on it.

7. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,622.7
    @CattyNeko

(Amethyst will do just fine.)

The guide nodded, and took out a small amethyst with a chair etched inside it, making a comfy looking deep green couch appear in the large living area. "Before we start decorating, here are some starter costumes...This is Amethyst Stage...your basic outfit." she gestured to a glittering purple costume with shining amethyst studs. "Amethyst Parade--your marching band uniform for school pride week..." She gestured to a purple, white, and gold band uniform. "and Royal Night." She gestured to a beautiful purple gown with silver accents.

She then returned to the small gems. "What else would you like here in he main living area?"

8. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Ayaka was very impressed, she didn't know that the academy had such exquisite clothing for their students.

She couldn't think much with how she should decorate the living area, but she knew she wanted to make it look straightforward to her personality.

"I guess we could use a rug, and another couch on the side of the first one, some plants on the corner will do, a table to the edge of the room and if possible, I don't know if you have it, but a prismarine sculpture would look nice too." Ayaka said. She's never asked someone for a lot of things, so she was talking very slow at the helper.

9. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,622.7
    CattyNeko

With each item Ayaka requested, the guide would toss another amethyst on the floor, making the requested items appear. The only thing missing was the statue. "But you can earn such a statue during events and contests." the guide assured her. "Next, we'll move on to the kitchen, the bathroom, and the bedrooms. The basic appliances, like a refrigerator and a stove, are already installed, but the starter set includes cookware, a coffee maker, a tea kettle, and a blender Likewise, the bathroom has a toilet and a shower, but the starter set has bath gear."

10. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Ayaka was once again dazzled with how her requested items appear.

"Oh, I don't really mind the statue" She said.

As they entered the kitchen, the guide said that there are already some items installed, and that the starter set includes more items. She was fascinated of the abilities those jewels have by making items engraved on it appear.

"I guess we could start at the kitchen with decorating. We could use some counters and some plants. Other than that and the starter set, I guess that's pretty much it" Ayaka said.

11. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,622.7
    CattyNeko

After decorating the Closet, the guide smiled. "There...now this Closet looks more like a home."

She gave Ayaka her schedule of classes. "Here is your schedule of lessons and classes--you will be learning from many of our top idols, including our famed unit Miracolore."

She went on "You'll be seeing Brock a lot on campus--he will be teaching you Performance 101. Misty will teach you The Basics of Communication--how to give speeches and interviews. Ash will teach you how to sing, or hone your vocal abilities, and Serena will teach you how to dance.

Then something occurred to her--the quirks of Miracolore. "Brock is multilingual--if you can, ask him to sing in Eire region Gaelic. Misty is usually nice, but rub her the wrong way or annoy her and she will snap. Ash has an incredible vocal range, and Serena was one of those rare idols that triggered a Star Power on her very first performance"

(Eire region=Ireland in this Pokeworld)

12. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    "I agree. This looks more comfier!" She said, with a smile in her face.

After the helper gave her class schedule, she knew it would be a busy year, but it would all be worth it for the Miracolore!

"Serena's here too! I'm such a huge fan! Even though I can't dance" Ayaka said. "But, you said that she triggered something on her first performance... A Star Power? May I ask what it is, if you don't mind?"

13. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,622.7
    CattyNeko

(what Miracolore plays: The Mankey Song)

"Brock will tell you more when classes begin tomorrow, but a Star Power is basically a special magic deep within every idol's heart. It has been described as the idol's passion for the song given physical form.

She reached for the TV remote and turned on the TV, where a variety show rerun was on, depicting Miracolore in Alolan shirts. "Pay attention to Miracolore as they perform 'The Mankey Song'

So without any further ado..." the Brock on the screen smiled as he played an expectant D chord on a familiar yellow-brown acoustic guitar. "Here's our rendition of the famous Mankey Song combining the best of both versions."

He motioned to Ash. "Ash, if you would, please."

The studio roared as Ash started the familiar flute riff, flutter tongue and all. Brock and the girls joined in with the drum track some moments later before Brock sang One Monday morning, I got up late,
    And there was Mr. Mankey outside the gate,
    One Monday morning, I got up late,
    There was Mr. Mankey outside the gate.

I don't know what to say, the Mankey won't do...

I don't know what to say, the Mankey won't do! Misty and Serena echoed.

I don't know what to say, the Mankey won't do... Brock sang again.

I don't know what to say, the Mankey won't do! the girls replied.

Was I under some kind of a curse?
    I came downstairs, and what could be worse?
    Brock continued.
    The Mankey was doing a crazy dance,
    He then put Ledybas inside my pants.

The crowd roared with laughter at the comical scene as Brock started the chorus. I don't know what to say, the Mankey won't do...

I don't know what to say, the Mankey won't do! the girls echoed, with Serena trying oh-so-hard to not laugh and mess up the beat she was making.

Mankeys dance, and I dance too! Brock's voice snapped her back to reality.

I don't know what to say, the Mankey won't do! she and Misty sang again.

I ran to the yard to get a stick,
    But I'm telling you guys, that Mankey was quick!
    Brock sang again.
    'Cause when I returned, much to my disgrace,
    Mr. Mankey had my girl in a warm embrace!

"I don't know what to say, the Mankey won't do..." Misty commented as she kept the beat with a tambourine.

For a credit, I'll give you a clue! Serena grinned.

"I didn't know her eyes were so blue!" Ash interjected before preparing to play again.

I don't know what to say, the Mankey won't do! Brock finished the interplay before Ash broke off to solo, causing a red burst of light, flames, and exotic tropical flowers to fill the room, making the whistle, the backing track, and the guitar gain an echo.

I went to the bath for a shower and shave,
    That Mankey's gonna send me off to my grave!
    Brock sang again, his voice still under the effects of Ash's Star Power.
    The entire bathroom was laid to waste,
    And he tried to shave my head with toothpaste!

The studio exploded in laughter again as Brock sang I don't know what to say, the Mankey won't do!

I don't know what to say, the Mankey won't do! the girls echoed as Ash's Star Power faded away.

Mankeys shave, and I shave too! Brock sang.

I don't know what to say, the Mankey won't do! the girls echoed.

Well, by this time I was in despair,
    I was using a basting brush to brush my hair...
    Brock sang.
    I asked him to leave, but he stayed around,
    He pulled the chain and I went down!

The audience could hardly contain itself laughing as Brock started the chorus again.

I don't know what to say, the Mankey won't do! the girls echoed.

I don't know what to say, the Mankey won't do!

With that, Brock broke off to solo, causing a burst of green light and waving palm leaves to fill the room. Well, my patience ran out, and I'm telling you, sure,
    Tomorrow I'm gonna show that Mankey the door!
    And if he doesn't leave, I'm inviting you
    To my place for dumplings and Mankey stew!

I don't know what to say, the Mankey won't do... the girls echoed, their voices under the effects of Brock's Star Power.

Watch out for Mankeys, I'm telling you! Brock sang.

I don't know what to say, the Mankey won't do... the girls echoed. This call and response continued for a while:

"Cha-cha-cha!" Ash added to end the song. He led the bows as the studio exploded in applause...

14. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    "Physical form.... I guess that would make sense" Ayaka said. She couldn't wait, she knew that she'd learn a lot from the Miracolore.

The helper opened the TV, showing Ayaka how the Miracolore perform. She saw how wild the crowd were, and she was amazed by the amount of fans they have.

"A-amazing.... They're really that popular" She said, while staring at the crowd.

It seems that a lot of them are cheering for Ash, he is known throughout the fandom.

I don't know what to say, the Mankey won't do! The crowd is really following them singing the song.

When Ash broke off into his Star Power, Ayaka was more interested in trying to harness her own Star Power, wishing to be able to master it one day.

"Cha-cha-cha!" Ash ended the song, sending the crowd into a fury. Ash and the rest of the Miracolore then return to their seats, starting to be interviewed.

"Wow.... They're all amazing, but the one who stood out the most was Ash... He really is popular, huh?" Ayaka said, in a happy tone.

15. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,622.7
    CattyNeko

(What the band basically performs, with woodwinds added in-Ash's epic note lasts from 1:05 to 1:57)

"Both of the boys have a huge following--Ash has an incredible voice, and highly skilled on harmonica and a number of flutes and whistles, as well as the trumpet." the guide replied. "Brock has a powerful and very distinct voice belying his young age. That's not to say the girls aren't popular-- Misty has an enthusiastic energy to her performances, and Serena has a nice voice and sweet personality."

She put in a DVD of a previous year's marching band performance. "If you want an idea as to what to expect during school pride week, here's the band playing that favorite standby, 'Maleguena'--featuring Ash on trumpet."

As a scene of a massive marching band in a rainbow of colors blipped on the screen, she went on "I actually timed how long he held the last note during his solo. He ended up holding it for almost a minute, which stunned the audience."

About then, the screen cut to Ash--in a red, white, and gold marching band uniform--standing in the center of the field, playing the main melody on a silver trumpet. Awed murmurs wafted through the crowd as he seemingly held the last note for what felt like forever...

16. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    "I've heard that Ash is pretty good at singing too, it's just that he usually plays his flute instead of singing. Brock's always been amazing with his style of singing. I think the boys are most popular because most girls probably have a crush on them" Ayaka said, wearing a big grin while saying her last sentence.

After the helper put the DVD in, she watched closely to how Ash performs.

"So he plays the Maleguena every year, huh?" Ayaka said.

When Ash was in the last note during his solo, the helper said that she timed how long Ash held the last note during his solo.

"Almost a minute? Wow, very impressive. I expect no less from the famous Miracolore and its speculated leader, Ash" Ayaka said.

When the scene cut into Ash in his red, white and gold uniform, it reminded her of something that people would wear in Kalos' Battle Chateau.

"Wow, the school pride week seems exciting. It happens every week, doesn't it?" Ayaka asked.

17. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    (Haruka will mainly be using white and blue with tints of pink and purple for her clothing. I'm assuming this would make her stone either white or blue?)

Haruka looked at her guide.
    "Ah...thank you very much!" The dresses where very beautiful and Haruka was almost shocked at the pure rose dress.
    "Um...when will I be getting furniture? I have a couple t-tiny trinkets that I brought but my room seems kinda barren at the moment..." Her room was huge, so she doubted she would be to fill the whole room with furniture, but some things would be nice to have like a table and desk. She wasn't to excited to go back into the large crowd so she could see herself staying inside her closet for long periods of time with, hopefully, no one bothering her.

18. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,622.7
    tonochi

(We'll go with diamond then)

The guide showed Haruka the jewels inside her starter set. "Inside these jewels are some basic furniture, although you can always win more from auditions and contests. Now, do you have an idea how you want your main room to look?"

CattyNeko

"Oh, no no no...school pride week happens once a year, where Rainbow Academy competes with other idol academies to see who has the most spirit." the guide explained. "The school that wins receives the Spirit Award. Rainbow's claim to fame is the massive band--I can only remember two occasions where we did not win the instrumental competition.

19. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    "Oh, I see. I assumed it was every week since everyone calls it school pride week. So Rainbow also competes with other idol academies.... I can imagine how heated every showdown is, with a lot of students from each school cheering their representatives... Just thinking about it makes me really nervous" Ayaka said.

Ayaka could imagine all of the possible failures that will happen if she becomes chosen as a representative. But she knows that since she's really really bad at dancing, nobody will ever try to suggest her as a representative. She breathed a sigh of relief, thanking her clumsy abilities at dancing.

20. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    "Hmmm...well, can I have a table infront of my bed and a desk next to the window?" She tried to think of other things she might want. "I guess maybe a bookshelf and a tv if that isn't asking for too much..." Haruka was decent at drawing so she was planning on putting her own designs up around the room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.