1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Article MOTM Interview - April 2016

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sanctuary, Jul 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    Hey everyone, I'm here today to bring you the MOTM interview for April of 2016. I know this is a bit late, considering we're now in July, but the interview was conducted in April, and since all the questions were answered, it would be a waste to not post it. Better late than never, right?
    The interview was between [member=Zero Sifr] (interviewer) and [member=Eclipse] (interviewee). Zero's questions will be labeled in this color, while Eclipse's will be labeled in this color. Enjoy!

Firstly, who are you? Tell us something about you, and how you came here.
    My name is Eclipse; though that much is obvious - it's my username. As to my arrival here, I was approached by a friend. It was a bit odd, but he asked me to go here, to help out his friend. I pressed him for more info; why couldn't he go instead? He hated forums, as I found out later on, which did hinder him. Out of respect to my friend, I ceded to his wishes. It's a trifle odd, that someone like me is here, with this task in mind. But I love the member base, and the camaraderie.

I enjoy your blog. I'm still trying to keep up, reading when I can.
    Something I don't know: your source of inspiration, where you find these thoughts?

Entries come about...when thoughts, largely at random, linger in my mind. When a probing question comes, I like to contemplate it. As I think on it, I start to dissect it more, driving me deeper. How far can I pursue it? How much can I expand it? Thoughts that tend to stay...tend to be somewhat simple, but just outwardly. At first glance it seems basic, but then there's the assumptions. Assumptions are key - my entries will challenge them, or even change them. My goal is to make you think - if I don't, I'm not trying.

As MOTM, you had a whole month of fame (or rather, more fame). How did you feel about that? Did you enjoy the spotlight? (Also, I know you weren't so enthused, but I think it shows an admirable and discussion-worthy aspect of your personality to mention it.)
    I wanted it done. I hate being visible; or at least highly. I work best behind the scenes, unseen and unacknowledged. When I do something, it's to remember the deed, not who performed it. This is partly why my name...is, even now, colourless. I wanted to prove, even as MOTM, it was possible: you don't need any nameglow; you can be great regardless. It could have been worse; I could have had more limelight, but it was quiet. At least now I'm confident - this will not happen again.

Your words do have flow. Some would call you a poet. Do you think that's true?
    I wouldn't say that. A large vocabulary? That is true at least. But it means next to nothing, if it's not used properly. A habit of mine...is to use in-depth language, even for small things. I do enjoy the practise; it strengthens my speech patterns. But then there are times...where I'm given a challenge, to speak in some way. I see it as exercise, used for sharpening my mind.

Earning this title, you've done so much for this place. Tutoring, your blog, and your open friendliness. There's so much goodness around. It's a group effort. We are a community, one with unique traits. What's the best thing at LV that keeps people like you here?
    I would have to say, it's the familial aspect of the populace. From the time we first land here, we are welcomed quite warmly. I more so snuck in; I didn't make a 'hi!' thread, but I still eased in. When people here don't know you, they make sure that changes quick. It's more meaningful; it's more than knowing your name, but who you are too. For an 'outsider' like me, that brought me into the fold.

For all your insight, I want to help spread your word, some of your wisdom. Do you have something to say to the whole community?
    There is one small thing, and I wished to show this thought while MOTM. It's that you don't need colour to become a household name. Since my arrival, I've seen colours rise about, while I stay the same. People always watch my steps, because I stand out so much. I am colourless; strangely, here at Lake Valor, that isn't the norm. The true intent of colour was to mark those who'd given. But due to this ease, colours became commonplace, nearly expected. I am well-known at the Lake, regardless of my colour. New members may look, and may find it quite daunting; that's where I come in. If I can become this known, then surely you can as well.

Before we end this, here I noticed a pattern. On this interview: was it all done in meter? Did this really just happen?
    So it would appear! The rhythm of dialogue wasn't once broken. These words, from start to finish, were spoken sequentially. First five syllables, then the next bit has seven, then another five. After, another seven, and lastly there's seven more. With all this counting, it's quite hard to imagine a coincidence. In fact, looking it over, it's like we planned all of this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Pixel, brsajo and Pokémist like this.
  2. brsajo

brsajo Idioddish

Sproot
    (Oddish)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,218.2
    This has got to be one of my most favourite interviews yet!

@[member="Eclipse"], I just want to say I find you very intriguing. Everything you say has so much thought put into it and I see that as very admirable, along with the way you work behind the scenes for the good of all, rather than for the sake of your ego (do you even have one?).
    Your methods and ideologies are very unique and it brings a nice balance to the forum's atmosphere. This also means your views on things are very interesting to read!
    Thanks for staying at Lake Valor, Eclipse; you are greatly valued and appreciated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    ...Quite the compliment. I wasn't expecting that, but it did please me. I take pride in what I do, and it's nice to be noticed. Not all the time, though; I keep hidden on purpose, as part of my choice - but as I observe others, I'm being observed myself.

Unique methods, hm? I guess you could say that, yes; they're not quite 'standard'. If people like you notice, it's reason to keep it up. As for my stay here, I hope it will continue, for the years to come. I thank you for your input; it inspires me to action.

brsajo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.