1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What will you name your player character?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Maantijger, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    So I've been thinking about what to name my SM character for a while now and I was wondering if everyone on here has an idea themselves yet. Because I'm picking the girl character I'm not going to use my own, as I would when I pick the boy character so I'm thinking about something original. In XY, I named my (female) character Elysia after the barbarian princess from Rayman Legends but I want something new now. Most likely I'll pick a name from a character of another game again that fits the SM player character, I haven't figured out who yet though >_>
    Are you naming your character after yourself, after another character from something or something completely original? I'm curious :3 also feel free to share inspirirations here, character names are important and unchangable after all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    I am actually still going to name my female player the same name as me, Ashlee. That way, I can feel more into the story. :sweat: Plus, it makes the game more exciting now, especially since you can now customize your character. :3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Smooshie likes this.
  3. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,397.0
    For some absurd reason, I name almost all of my Pokémon in-game characters "Bob", whether they are a girl or a boy. To be fully honest, I have no idea why I do this, so I can't exactly explain my line of thinking. As of now, for Sun & Moon, I will plan on naming my character Bob, but who knows, I may just change my character's name one of these days ^_^

Maantijger and Pixel like this.
  4. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I'm definitely going to play through this game more than once. The first time I play will be my personal playthrough, where I'll name my character after myself, so I can feel more involved with the story. After that I'll delete the save file and start again, and name my character "Aura" like I usually do. This second save file will be used as a completionist save file, where I'll go through and collect every item and catch every Pokémon (which will be super-easy because of my currently complete Living Pokédex). After that I might new game if I get bored before whatever is going to come out next, but the name will remain as Aura because I'm uncreative.

5. Wiso Altred

Wiso Altred Dragon Tamer

tetsu
    (Ledyba)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.8
    As my first play through i always name my charchter "Wiso" as in me(because my real name is too long to enter lol)And as expected id pick the Male one, because i like my first playthrough to be immersive and not just name my self "your mum" and laugh at the speech.

But if i ever get to play it once more, id name my self one of three things

A:
    Because i just mash the A and Start button when im replaying a game

I:
    As in "I used Pokéball" or "I found a potion!" just for fun

AAAAAAAAA:
    When the mashing goes wrong.

6. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    Whatever the girl's official English name is, that's what my character's name will be.

If the English name is totally lame, I will name the character Soleil (if I get Sun) or Luna (if I get Moon)

Maantijger likes this.
  7. thunder2910

thunder2910 Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.6
    i have the tradition of always naming the character after my myself so I'll be doing the same for Sun

8. Serena-chan

Serena-chan Bask under the moon's warmth

Rick
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.3
    Amulet Coin ★★★
    I will most like name my character (who will be male) Declan, I don't know why, I just like that name.

9. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    This may sound absurd, but I usually name my Pokémon character after Trike from Harry and His Bucketful of Dinosaurs, and Ho-Oh is Pterence. It's a strong connection I have with these two as they were there since our childhood, and the name stuck. But for my first Pokémon game ever, the name was my name, MARYLYN in capitals (because I didn't know how to change it then!), and for ORAS, it was Ruby and Sapphire for Ho-Oh. This may change as for side games, I give different names, but I'm currently pressing on Trike. It may change to either Link, Dark Pit or Hiro, but that is really unlikely.

10. Rayquaza

Rayquaza School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Though I'm female, I tend to pick the male character as I find their designs more appealing personally.. Serena in XY had a pretty nice design though, I'll admit. >v<! I'm thinking I won't be breaking that tradition this time around, with my main game on Moon, but I miiight break it with my side game on Sun, we'll see.~ I'll be naming my character Zektzer (just a nickname I've gone by for a bit.. creativity, woo. lol!), Flower or Flowe-r, or something similar and cute relating to flowers hehe. ;v;'

11. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    (Male) Bell, after the anime character in my first run followed by (Female) Hestia, both Greek Goddess and anime character (same anime, too) Again

12. DemonicGamerAzazel

PokéPoints:
    ₽18.9
    I'm going to name my character "Master" so that whenever I talk to someone, it always sounds kinky.

13. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I once started to play my Pokémon games as a boy named Daantje. I'm not a fan of playing as a girl and I most definitely don't like naming her after myself.
    I love the hair of the boys, so I'm most definitely going to contibue my little tradition!

14. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I name all my characters Kat, no matter the game, its a short version of my name. Its the name I always use, though I thought about using Cad but I dont feel like I would connect as much without it

15. Atlus

Atlus School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽52.1
    Ill just flip a coin

If its a boy ill name it Jun

If its a girl I'll

Name it Jun

im creative

16. Starry Windy

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.1
    Since I have decided to play Sun and Moon in Chinese language, I have decided to name the male player character as 小风 (xiǎo fēng), which means 'little wind'. The name itself is related to my current username in some way.

As for the others, I might probably name my female player character as Launa, derived from the Hawaiian word Maka Launa, which in itself means 'friendly'. Since Alola region is based on Hawaii, I think that would be fitting for her to have Hawaiian name in it. Besides, it comes close with Luna, too. The name might change as time goes, tho.

17. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    Tbh I usually name them after myself: Vana. On my first playthrough, anyways. There's a huge chance I'll get both copies and replay my second copy under another name. This probably sounds lame, but I typically name my trainers after some of my OCs and base their teams around what I think my character would use. I dunno, it make things kind of fun and challenging!

18. Cartridge

Cartridge Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽368.5
    On my first play through I will be naming my character after myself, Julian. After that I'll probably name the character after other characters from a game, movie or TV series I'm watching.

19. Northwind's Call

PokéPoints:
    ₽91.5
    I'll probably name my main character after myself for the first run through, then reset and change it to FifthWhisper once the VGC season gets into swing. Being able to identify myself by the name I use in the VGC community is something I did this year, and getting to meet other people that I recognize by username recognizing me by username and such helps start conversation.

20. Cadbureon

Anima
    (Litwick)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8.5
    I think I'll be naming my character after myself as well for whatever game I get~ In the event I get the one I didn't obtain later, then I'll probably devise some random, fantasy name to call my character or name them with a certain theme in mind.~