1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

[1 X 1] Beginning to Devotion - Aura x Sugar

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Pixel, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Hey guys, [member='Aura'] here with another one of my many 1 x 1 roleplays, this time with my good friend [member='Sugar']! This'll be a free RP with no specific fandom as an inspiration, but I'm sure there'll be hints of any good fantasy RPG sprinkled in here and there.

's Character']
    Name: Tyler Wood
    Personality: Tyler is often very afraid of anything new, and it takes time for him to warm up to people. He is very grateful for anything he is given, and he doesn't understand the concept of sarcasm, so he often takes everything literally. His understanding of basic concepts has faltered with his memory, so he's a bit foolish. During combat, he takes on a whole different persona, and becomes cold, calculating and ruthless, but afterwards, he has trouble processing the actions he's just taken. He's also a really good cook.
    Appearance: Tyler is of average height, around 5' 8", and is quite bony and pale when he is first found. He has brown hair that seems to always be in a bedhead state, and stunning green eyes. He wears very plain clothes, like white shirts, black jeans and black sneakers, but he has a long, bright red scarf that he always wears, no matter what.
    Backstory: Tyler was from one of the helpless villages that was purged by the flames of war. Everyone he knew had been killed, but he had managed to escape. Now, he's living with Alyssa and training to become a fierce warrior, while still searching for some sign of his past life.
    Weapons: Sugar - A retractable sword, made of pure peridot. Was given to him by Alyssa for his 17th birthday.
    Granwyrm - A practice or training sword. A thin rapier that cuts easily.

's Character']
    Name: Alyssa Williams
    Personality: An adamant, fearless, and independent person, Alyssa refuses to conform to any type of change and will usually stick to her own decisions no matter how dire the situation.
    Appearance: Alyssa is a tall, thin girl, about six feet and four inches & around 155 Lbs. She has long, beautiful aqua hair with bright, shining, red eyes. She has a tattoo of an eagle on her left arm and a lion on her right. She wears teal colored sneakers at all times, no matter the situation. She carries a long, shining sword which she calls her "Lucky Charm"
    Backstory: Alyssa was once a bright, aspiring artist. However, a war in her homeland changed her life forever. Once thrust into battle, Alyssa found no problems taking down her enemies with her trusty sword. Once the war ended, Alyssa returned to her hometown to resume pursuing her career as an artist, however, more problems arose along the way, including more strife in her hometown, which once again threw her into the middle of action. Currently, Alyssa is a person who prefers to work alone rather than with others and her next adventure will be no different.

Without any further ado, let us begin!

~
    Tyler ran through the burning wood, smoke filling his lungs and burning his eyes. He only had two things on his mind; 'don't trip' and 'keep going until you've lost them', so that's what he did. He was tired, every part of his body ached with the burns he had sustained, but he kept running.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Ooh, this will be sweet ~

Alyssa, with her sword sheathed over her shoulder, spotted a smoke cloud that went miles up into the sky. Always getting into and out of danger, Alyssa ran as fast as she could into the burning wood, as she slightly covered her mouth and nose with her hands to prevent inhaling deadly amounts of smoke. She had no intentions of letting there be any victims of this fire.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Your purple is so hard to read on my phone RIP

Tyler kept running, until he crossed paths with a woman. She was definitely older than her, and she look gorgeous. Powerful too. But as soon as he saw her sheathed sword, he drew his knife, holding out in front of him with two shaking arms.

"Stay away!" He screamed. His voice quavered in fear, his eyes were wide with tears forming. He knew there was no chance of him defeating her, but he wouldn't go down without a fight.

...Or so he thought. A measly 30 seconds after his threat, Tyler's body gave up, and he collapsed to the floor.

4. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Aw, RIP.

Alyssa began to approach the boy, who was clearly younger and smaller than she, and looked down at him.

"I mean you no harm" She said quietly and put her hand out in an effort to help him up. "You shouldn't be out here alone. It's much too dangerous for someone to wander these lands on their own" She said, planting her sword into the ground for a moment. It was clear to her that the boy she had come across was unfamilar with this land, much unlike herself, as she has lived here for several months.

5. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    At this point, Tyler had passed out from pure exhaustion.

Tyler awoke, god knows how much later, in a barren room, sleeping in a bed. He was afraid he had been captured, but he was still so tired and sore that every time he wanted to cry out for help, all he could sound was a harsh croak, followed by a coughing fit.

"H-Hello... anyone...?" Tyler managed to get out, his voice dry and raspy.

6. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa walked back into the room & saw the boy she met earlier had awoke.

"Oh, you're awake..." Alyssa's voice trailed off slightly. "I offered to pick you up earlier, but you were passed out for about two or three hours, so I just brought you back to my place until you recovered" she said, taking a seat on the end of the bed. Alyssa took a long pause before speaking again. "Are you okay?" she asked, concerned that he may have been been hurt or possibly traumtized by the events earlier that day.

7. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Tyler was shocked that he hadn't actually examined himself since he started running from his old home. He briefly looked over his body. He had many cuts, scabs and burns, his clothes had holes in them from loose embers that had flown onto him, and he could taste a bit of blood in his mouth.

"I... I'm fine, I think..." Tyler sighed. He took a few seconds to study the woman a bit closer than he had when they met in the woods. She was quite attractive, with her gorgeous blue hair and her stunning red eyes. Her whole demeanour screamed 'warrior princess' to Tyler, but the fact that she was the first person in a week to not try and kill him was, in his mind, a good reason to trust her. Swallowing the lump that had formed in his throat, he thrust his hand out to her.

"Tyler... I-I'm Tyler..." he stammered, avoiding eye-contact.

8. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa breathed a sigh of relief upon learning Tyler wasn't too seriously hurt.

"You look really roughed up. Here, let me take a closer look" she said, leaning in closer to check on the boys wounds. She paused for a moment before speaking once more. "Your injuries don't look too bad & we can get you cleaned up & back to normal in almost no-time. Come on, follow me to my room, I'll get you all cleaned up" Alyssa grabbed Tyler's hand and quickly stood him up before leading him to her room to quickly address his wounds.

"My name is Alyssa" She said, smiling.

9. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Alyssa... even her name was pretty. Tyler brushed his brown bangs away as he was lead off to a different room. Upon entering, he was hit with this unfamiliar scent, but it wasn't one that made his nostrils flare in agony. Alyssa's room was much more inviting and well-furnished. Tyler looked around in awe.

"Wow..." he breathed, his eyes darting all around the room.

10. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    There was a strong scent of cinnamon in the room, as Alyssa loved using the spice in her life. "Try to not sniff so much. This cinnamon is extremely strong." Alyssa warned. Alyssa began collecting her medical supplies to help clean up Tyler. "You go take a seat anywhere and I'll be with you in a minute" Alyssa said, giving a smile.

11. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Tyler mafe himself comfortable on Alyssa's bed as she scurried around the room. Tyler took the time to reflect on what had happened. He could only remember running, the choking of the smoke, and how much his eyes hurt from looking at all the bright flames. He knew he had lost everything, shich made hin tear up, but he couldn't remember anything about his life beofre the war, including who was in his family and how many friends he had. All he remembered was that he used to be happy. Now he only had 3 things; the clothes on his back, the knife in his pocket and the red scarf, which seemed undamaged by the fire but a bit dirty, that hung from his neck.

12. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa came to the bed with her medical supplies & began working on cleaning Tyler up and addressing her wounds. After she was done, something about the boy was clearly off. She tilted her head to one side then asked her question. "Where are you from and why are you here all alone? I've never seen anyone pass through these lands in years." she said, still curious. Brushing her hair out of her face, Alyssa gave another warning. "These are the most violent of lands. People have been advised against passing through here unarmed. That knife will not serve you well should anyone decide to attack you." She began putting away her medical supplies and began to think about what could have happened if she didn't cross paths with the boy.

13. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "I... I'm not sure. I know my village was attacked, and I've been running. I only really remember running, I'm not even sure how long I ran for. I don't remember where my village was, who I lived with... It's just all a huge blank." Tyler sighed, taking out the knife.

"I didn't even have this knife when I started running. I remember seeing it stabbed into some dead person, so I took it out and carried it with me. Up until I found you, though, I never actually took it out."

14. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa noticed the similarities between Tyler's story and her own. "So you don't remember a thing at all about the evenys preceding today?" she said, curious. "Do you think there's any way that we can somehow jog your memory and help you remember what happened on the day your village was attacked? It may be a long shot, but it's worth trying because what you said also happened to me, so I'm wanting to know if perhaps it was the same people who attacked your village." Alyssa was willing to do nearly anything to help Tyler remember what happened.

15. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Tyler thought about his current situation.

"I'm not sure. Maybe if we found my village? I'm not sure it'd help though, because any memories I have of it would probably be before it was ransacked." Tyler sighed.

"But in all honesty, I don't really want to go back... I'm sure there'll be thins I won't be able to handle there. And... I want to get stronger." Tyler said, clenching his fists. He looked up at Alyssa, who was the most powerful-looking person he knew, aside from the fact that she was the only person he knew at that moment.

"Y-You can teach me, right? Please teach me how to fight, w-with a sword!" Tyler begged.

16. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa was nearly blown away by the question.

"That's an extremely bold statement. I'm not sure if you'd be ready to handle these kind of swords." She said, giggling to herself. She unseathed her sword and thought about the question for about 15 minutes before speaking again. "Okay." she said. "I'll teach you how to battle with swords and also practice with you. I have a training sword out back, so follow me." Alyssa led Tyler to a fenced off area where she practiced herself for several years.

17. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Tyler was excited to start. He found what seemed to be the 'training sword' leaning against a wall, and attempted to pick it up. It was really heavy because it had a broad, flat blade, and Tyler could barely drag it behind him.

"T-There's no way I can fight with this!" Tyler grunted, pulling the sword behind him. "Don't you have anything lighter? Like a, uh... what was it called again... r... ra... raaa... rapiiiiiier? Rapier. Is that a type of sword? I think it is."

18. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa giggled out loud.

"Oh no, that sword is for more experienced sword wielders." She said, pointing to a rapier with a blade only slightly less broad and flat than her own. "You're going to use this one. When you're ready, I want you to hit me with that as hard as you can, no holding back." She said, feeling quite confident. She placed her own sword against the wall behind her & got into a stance, ready to take the incoming blow.

19. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Tyler picked up the rapier. It was, in fact, much lighter, and he swung it around to get a good feel for it.

"Oh yeah, this is ten times better. So, I just have to attack you?" Tyler asked. Suddenly, he felt a very odd, controlling feeling come over him, like he was being pushed out by someone else. Without even thinking about it, he lunged forward and struck Alyssa, then went straight back to where he was before. He blinked a few times, and looked at his sword.

"Did I just... do that? I felt like I wasn't... in control of myself. But I also knew what I was doing, kinda..." Tyler muttered, swinging the sword around. "This feels really familiar to me."

20. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa, despite her strength, was knocked off of her feet and hit her head against the padded wall behind her as her entire body went limp. She sat up straight, but didn't get up for about 10 minutes before she jumped to her feet. "That was a powerdul swing." Alyssa exclaimed. "Although, I would recommend choking up on the base of the sword so you can swing a lot more swiftly. Still, that was very impressive." Alyssa brushed the dirt and grass out of her hair and off her body.