1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What's your favorite SM Pokémon so far?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Maantijger, Jul 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Title's self explanatory. Usually I don't like making 'your favorite' topics but I'm just super curious. I don't dislike any of the Pokémon that have been revealed up until this point, they all look good to me. My favorites would probably be... Rowlet, Komala and Drampa. At first Litten was my number 1 starter but Rowlet has slowly grown on me and now I love it even more :3 not to mention its evolved form will probably be a super badass wood owl and owls are cool. This'll be my first time picking a Grass type starter since Gen 2 (HGSS, technically), if the all designs for the later stages will be as good as the first stages for all the starters. Rowlet's in the lead right now >_> Komala is just super cute like wow. Very cute, and it's always sleepy and that's also cute and it carries a cushion it's received from its parents, a precious Pokémon. Drampa has a very interesting and unique design and for some reason I find myself drawn to it, a very interesting take on the Dragon type. It has the derp factor to be adorable and it looks very huggable with its soft hair. Normal and Dragon type is also a cool combination. Honorable mentions go to Tapu Koko for its excellent Hawaiian inspired design and the mystery behind its guardian status, and Solgaleo for looking exactly what a badass Legendary sun lion should look like, probably my favorite Legendary of the last 4 Generations design wise, together with Zekrom.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. thunder2910

thunder2910 Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.6
    Well I'll have to break it down to a couple of categories:

Starter: I'll admit, I was a bit ehh on the starters when I first saw them but then looking a Rowlet I knew which one I was going for. Owls are some of my favourite animals so this cutie was no exception

Legendary: Oh this was extremely difficult, I can't like both equally since it would make the choosing process even more tricky, but Sogaleo ftw I love its design and it certainly does justice unlike Pyroar

Others: At this point the ones which caught most of my attention was Rockruff and Togedemaru (they never bothered changing its name >_<). Rockruff because its such a simple, neat design that has been well executed I hope that it's evolution(s) are just as good. Togedemaru may be the Pika-clone but I think I've found my fave clone, its so round and cute and the little triangles on its back XD plus its known as the Roly-Poly Pokémon way too adorable I have an obsession for cute things

Oh and Tapu Koko is runner up I guess, I like the overall theme of its design

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Rockruff! He's a very cute dog with a pretty interesting type and I can't wait to add it to my team!~

My favourite starter is Popplio, by far. I'm ot a great fan of all three of them, but Popplio was my favourite from the start. He's growing on me little by little though.

4. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I'm having a tough time between 3 Pokémon, Tapu Koko, Rockruff and, oddly enough, Bruxish. Here are my reasons why;

Tapu Koko just looks so awesome (has anyone seen that Overwatch "Play of the Game" for Tapu Koko? I don't even play Overwatch and I think it's awesome!), it's typing is also pretty cool, since it's Electric counters it's weakness to Steel, meaning it only has 2 weaknesses, and I can see it getting access to Magnet Rise when tutors are introduced into Gen 7. It's signature attack, Nature's Wrath(?) is also pretty cool acting as a Super Fang clone, because you never know when you're gonna need to cut an opponents (or an ally's) HP in half.

Rockruff is just so freaking adorable, I can't handle it. It's odd that it's a Rock-type, but looks like one of those Pokémon who you'd find early in the game, so maybe we'll be getting a bit of a throwback to Gen III with two starting-route Pokémon, being Rockruff and some 2-stage Normal type, probably Yungoos, just like how Gen III had Zigzagoon and Poochyena. I'm also super-excited to see what the "secret" it and the 3 starters are hiding is! So mysterious~

Bruxish is an odd pick for me. I'm not exactly fond of it's design, and I'm sure everyone's on the same page, but it's ability is what calls out to me, that Dazzling. To prevent any priority attack from hitting and making the Pokémon unable to attack for a turn really throws a spanner in some popular battles choices, like Talonflame or anything with Prankster. Imagine Skill-Swapping that on to something that could actually use it, like a tank or a HP wall? This Gen's gonna have the best meta... But going back to Bruxish itself, it's typing is really interesting, and I like how it's design is based on a fish native to Hawaii who's name is so stupid it's beautiful. (Come on, don't tell me you don't love the name HumuhumunukunukuāpuaÊ»a, because I know you'd be lying!)

Anyway, those are my top three Sun and Moon Pokémon so far. The list may change as more Pokémon get revealed, but I think Rockruff will stay no matter what.

5. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    Magerana. I remember when I first had a look at it and I said: "Yep, this is going on my favorite Pokémon list." It just looks very cute! And not only that, but it's another Steel/Fairy type other than Klefki, which is probably one of my favorite typings ever.

6. Rayquaza

Rayquaza School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Rowlet, Magearna, Salandit, Drampa, Tapu Koko, and Cutiefly... I like a lot, lol. Magearna's my top fave, being my favourite Pokémon overall as of her release– Fleur Cannon's ultra-cute and just look at 'er. Cutie. Salandit's a newfound love having only been revealed a few days ago but aaa.. Been wanting that typing for a long time and we finally got it, plus that ability's stellar and could potentially flip competitive battling if Salandit gets a good evolution. Drampa, Cutiefly, and Rowlet are absolutely adorable, and I love their typings (Drampa's and Cutiefly's being new typings I've wanted for a while, and I love birds/Flying-types and Grass-types so Rowlet's up there, similar to Gen 3's Tropius for me). Lastly Tapu Koko.. looks awesome, that's really all I can say! *_* I'm loving what we've been seeing from Gen VII so far. Solgaleo and Lunala look cool too.

@Shayminlover123; Never forget Mawile was retyped to Steel/Fairy too! ;p I'm with ya on that too, Steel/Fairy's an awesome type. <3

7. timberjacke

PokéPoints:
    ₽59.9
    Vikavolt and Bruxish seem cool! Their designs are really unique.

8. Cartridge

Cartridge Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽368.5
    For sure Mimitsukiyu. Its design just combines spooky and cute so well. And the flavor text it came with in CoroCoro is just perfect.

9. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    I actually haven't been keeping up with SM much-- I just now checked the new Pokémon releases since the trailer debuted. Anyways, I really like quite a few designs!! Brugish looks cool-- I'm so glad they've decided to add some Pokémon based off of some cool tropical fish. I hope they add a lot more, seeing as SM is based on a bunch of islands, right? I just hope it gets a cool evolution chain and isn't one of those Pokémon that are given bad stats and are just aesthetically pleasing.

Mimikkyu looks cool too! ( Did I spell that right? ) Cool typing, cool design. Again, I hope it gets a cool evolution chain and good stats. Has anyone noticed that cute Pokémon always get the short end of the stick? Like unless it is a legendary, "cute" Pokémon don't seem to get very good stats very often.

10. Northwind's Call

PokéPoints:
    ₽91.5
    Popplio for sure is the best starter, but I'm also a fan of the Grubbin-Charjabug-Vikavolt line, which has a lot more character than past 'starting bug' lines. Charjabug especially makes me laugh-- the 'battery' style is a unique take on the chrysalis stage of the caterpillar-to-butterfly transformation in the real world. I like a lot of these new ones. :]

11. Pokechu

Pokechu Hex Maniac

Belle
    (Buneary)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽69.6
    Out of all of the announced Pokémon, I'd have to say that Bewear is my favorite. I love all of the bear Pokémon, though, lol. A close second is Popplio and third is Rockruff. Bewear is definitely getting in my team, Normal/Fighting is so cool, he's pink, and his ability seems nice. Too bad it's just a cheap version of Fur Coat, :sweat:

12. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    New favorite for me is Mudsdale, it's design is very cool and the animations it has are very interesting and fluid

13. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    Comfey, by far. I love Comfey.

Mimikyu's good, too, and that's probably going to be my Alola story's Fairy Pokémon, but I really want Comfey to be good for my actual game.

14. Cadbureon

Anima
    (Litwick)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8.5
    Right now it's Mimikyu and Litten.~ Litten is mostly because I'm biased towards cat-like Pokémon, but I just really like it's design too!~ For Mimikyu it's not only it's design, as Catridge said it's description is perfect.~ I'd love to be the friend of one~

I guess runners-up are Wimpod and Bewear.~ I don't even know why either, something just speaks to me.~

15. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Wimpod is my fav so far! I mean I never thought we see an ability quite like Wimp Out. In the end, its the better Kabuto IMO :P

16. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Litten and Rockruff, they are just too cute.

17. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    Mine is Vikavolt by far. I really love fully evolved Pokémon and we don't have many that are confirmed to be fully evolved so I naturally gravitate towards it. Plus, Bug/Electric with Levitate is awesome. Hopefully we finally have a good early game bug!

18. Elfwink

Elfwink School Kid

Cookie
    (Pancham)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽33.1
    Mudsdale looks great for competitive battling. It also has a neat design.

As for starters, my fav at the moment is Rowlet. Grass/Flying hasn't come up as a starter before, and can be a challenge to work with at times.

19. YouHoney

YouHoney Snow wanderer

PokéPoints:
    ₽135.9
    Salandit. It looks so neat with a really good typing, ability and its just such a smug bastard :3

20. Pbear

Pbear Space Polar Bear

PokéPoints:
    ₽43.8
    rockruff, ruckruff all the way, rockruff 4 lief

I really hope rockruff becomes competition worthy, then I'll work a whole team around it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.