1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Salandit, the First Poison/Fire Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Starry Windy, Jul 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starry Windy

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.1
    Today, in Japan Expo, Junichi Matsuda has revealed yet another new Pokémon, this time it's Salandit, which have unique typing of Poison and Fire. Apparently it has ability to somehow inflict poison status ailments to Poison-type Pokémon and also Steelies as well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ2sin-c3Kk
    Do you have any thoughts on this newly revealed Alola Pokémon?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. thunder2910

thunder2910 Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.6
    I wasn't expecting a new reveal but this has me super hyped! What an ability and the new typing also adds to it ^_^ gg fairy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    Salandit is a cool looking Pokémon with a cool typing with a cool ability. But I'm guessing that Corrosion can Poison all Pokémon regardless of type right? What about ability? Can it still Poison Pokémon with the Comatose ability like Komala?

Starry Windy likes this.
  4. thunder2910

thunder2910 Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.6
    I think in those cases Corrosion would be countered

5. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Since it was able to poison a skarmory I would say corrosion would be the ability to effect anything to matter the type. I love it's design, it is so cute but most likely a the villains common Pokémon which would be sad since he is so very cool.

6. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    I was derping around LV when I saw this post, and I rushed over to the Pokémon site. I did not expect a new reveal, and this one looks pretty good in my opnion. And also, yes, it can poison even Steel and Poison types.
    Yay :D

7. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I like the design and the typing, but I'm not a fan of the ability, it sounds a bit OP to me...
    Then again, having an OP Pokémon on your team isn't bad :3
    In case it's in the same EXP group as the starters and has evolutions, I'm down for using it!

8. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Wow. It looks so sinister. I love it. It looks pretty darn cool and I think it will most likely serve as the notorious villian's Pokémon.

9. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Is this entire game just gong to rip the old meta, counter with a counter to priority moves, now IMMUNITIES

I'm pretty chill with it if that were the case.

(Also calling that Corrosion can damage Pokémon with immunity to Poison with Poison-type moves as well)

10. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    THE COOLEST Pokémon GIVE IT TO ME PLEASE I WANT ITS EVOLUTION <3

Rayquaza likes this.
  11. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    It's typing is super cool, although the x4 weakness to Earthquake, as well as weaknesses to common attacking types like Psychic, Water and Rock mean Salandit's probably going to have trouble with staying in battle long enough to actually utilise it's amazing ability, unless this thing just has great defenses.

But I'm super excited for that ability, especially since, technically, Poison should be effective against Steel since things like acid can melt through metal. Naming the ability Corrosion was a really good call, in my opinion.

12. Alan

Alan Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽13.9
    Overall the mon looks super cool. Its design looks badass, it has a unique typing and the ability which can be devastating in competitve play. But how will toxic spikes be affected if they are set by salandit if it even will get the move.

13. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    My guess is it will be balanced out with some average stats or lackluster evolutions or a shallow move pool. It is a bit OP but also considering how newbie this game looks, with all the battle hints and everything, it may be just one of those first Pokémon you run into and have on your party as a tank the entire game.

14. Atlus

Atlus School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽52.1
    WHO DOWN FOR THAT G R O U N D M E T A

15. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    I love it a lot! I've been wanting a Fire/Poison for a while, and this one looks great! However, the typing isn't all that great, and the ability is interesting, but I hope it get's Dry Skin as a secondary ability!

16. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    When they said "meet a new poison Pokémon" I was like okay what is this then the trailer showed the silhouette of a lizard thing and I was like COULD THIS BE THE POISON DRAGON I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR ALL THESE YEARS?? then they showed the typing and I was like :'(

It's really cool looking though. Great ability, too. Look at that face. It knows it's going to give hell to those steel type stallers. I love it already

17. Rayquaza

Rayquaza School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Aaa Salandit. <3 I was pretty surprised when I was up in the early morning and saw that just a few minutes ago they had posted this new Pokémon reveal, just had to see it and I don't regret holding off napping to see it, holy. Salandit just looks fantastic, the design, typing, and ability are things I fell for instantly. <3 The 4x Ground-type weakness sucks but I've been wanting this typing for so long that it doesn't even really bother me much.. just slap an Air Balloon on it heh. ='p Looking forward to Toxicing some level 50 Zubats. 8]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.