1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ways to improve Wonder Trade

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Megarai111, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Ahh, Wonder Trade... It's a pretty great feature, but it's also something a lot of the members of the Pokémon community look down on. The idea itself is nice (trading a Pokémon away and getting a Pokémon from a random person back), but in just a few days, it had become pretty clear that a lot of the players would just send out Pokémon that could be found very early in the game (Bunnelby, Zigzagoon, Poochyena, you name it!), hoping to get something nice in return. Nowadays, the chance of getting something good is really, really small.

How would you improve the Wonder Trade system? Do you think Game Freak will improve it and have it reappear in Pokémon Sun and Moon? Tell us here!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Add a feature that would let you sign up for a specific type. Like if you want a fire you sign up for that and then you'll get paired with someone that is looking for the type you're offering up. of course the totally random option should still be there because is fun seeing what you get.

Probably not all that great but still would be kinda cool.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I think it would be neat if I could nickname them, which is my biggest gripe. Maybe you could limit the number of a Pokémon of the same species you can trade in one day? I'm not sure that would really help much though

4. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    Seperate them by tiers. Trading a very common Pokémon will net you a very common Pokémon. Trading a rare Pokémon will net you a rare Pokémon. Though maybe if you are trading rarer Pokémon, that is an optional feature. But with common ones, you couldn't request rare ones

Cadbberry likes this.
  5. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Simple or advance hack checks in the system that make sure things, like Shiny Celebi, don't get in it.

6. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Make it so there is a rank of Pokémon, you trade a super common Pokémon you get something common back, just a way to assure you wont end up with 10 magikarps after trading shinies, legends, ect. Maybe have a wonder trade just for shinies? Kinda like how you can choose a game mode, maybe you can pick, total random, rank, and shiny wondertrades.

7. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,410.7
    I think they should come up with additional categories along with the main ones. I think maybe a category for legendaries would be neat, starter Pokémon, and maybe just a few things like that to narrow it down so you don't get something super lame for what you traded. I have gotten some great things from Wonder Trade, but I think it'd be nice to let some of those other people I ripped off get better results. (I'm not ashamed to say I'm the guy who catch fletchlings and caterpie to use in WT)

8. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    This is my favorite solution. Having tiers would actually make Winder Trade a lot more interesting, for me anyway. However, due to hacking, I probably still wouldn't use it but hey, it would at least be an improvement.

9. EmeraldHeart

EmeraldHeart Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽11.5
    Type filter maybe, that'd be really interesting. The rarity idea could be super fun. I kinda want a generation filter

10. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    Type Filter and Rarity System are the two here that I agree with here. I think a Level System would be nice as well. Trade a Level 50, you get a level 41-50. If Wonder Trade does make a return in Sun and Moon, I want these improvements.

11. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I really like @[member="Endrew Swiftwind"]'s idea of using tiers for a filter, as well as @[member="Karzarill"]'s type filter idea.

With those two alone, I think Wonder Trading would be more widely used, but as @[member="Nate"] said, competitive players likely still wouldn't use it due to cheating users festering in the wild.