1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon: International Police Operations (Sign up and discussion)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Jul 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    @[member="WavePearl"] will be partially supervising this RP, so she should get an honourable mention!

(Rated E10+ to T for violence)

Premise:

When the separate disappearances of agent Looker and an energy company's prototypes are connected to a Pokémon hunting ring, the International Police (IP) needs agents on-scene to investigate and assess the situation. But it doesn't help that nearly all IP agents are busy investigating the most dangerous criminal organization known to the world: Feira. Faced with this predicament, International Police Intelligence (IPI) agent Mars, former Team Galactic commander, sends out a request to three prospective agents willing to join the IP's investigation. Plus a fourth for backup wherever necessary.

Yet even after Mars sends out her requests, neither she nor the IP have no idea that the two disappearances and the Pokémon hunting are linked to an insidious plot by Feira to bring the world to its knees.

For your part, the first three to sign up will play the active role as International Police agents. The fourth player, last to sign up, will play the role of backup and will be sent into the field as needed, as well as support for the IPI.
    Roles are provided on a first-come first-served basis. Basically, the fourth person to sign up will become backup! If there are any dropouts, I can simply promote players where needed. Otherwise, this RP needs at least three players.

Join the International Police's front-line and stealthy operations, save Looker, and stop Feira's plans!

Form:

So anyway, here's the form! Post your information here.

Character name
    Age (13-20)
    Appearance (Be descriptive!) Feel free to use an image, but don't let it do all the work.
    Hometown
    Personality
    History (Include a reason why your character accepted the International Police request)
    Abilities

You are permitted up to two Pokémon to assist you with operations.

Pokémon
    Nickname (if needed)
    Moves (choose strategically! You can use your moves outside of battle.)

Abilities List: (as CattyNeko kindly reminded me, denote where you have allocated your AP by filling in the (0/3) where appropriate)

You are permitted three ability points (AP) to begin with allocate to Tier 1 abilities. You are not obligated to stick to one category nor do you have to pick one from each category. You're free to pick which abilities suit you. A minimum of five AP per tier is needed to unlock the next tier. You will gain one more AP per level up.

100 XP to level up: +1 level = +1 skill point. (C)* designates consumable equipment.

- Forensics
    T1 - Surveillance flare (C) (0/3) Gain one piece of information on an upcoming area.
    - +2/3 AP: Attain one additional piece of information of the area.
    - +3/3 AP: 30% chance to blind an enemy.
    T1 - Heartbeat detector (0/3) Locate at least three hidden enemies or any living being within range (including hostages).
    - +2/3 AP: Detect two more beings.
    - +3/3 AP: Gain radar, which detects all beings within range of the Heartbeat Detector, as well as tracking movements.
    T1 - Disable (0/3) Disable a trap with a 30% fail rate (activate trap otherwise).
    - +2/3 AP: Fail rate decreases by 3%.
    - +3/3 AP: Fail rate decreases by another 3%.

- Policing
    T1 - Barricade (C) (0/3) Create a temporary makeshift barrier to stop enemies in their tracks as well as protecting you and your allies. Enemies will be unable to attack until you attack or if the barricade is destroyed.
    - +2/3 AP: Defence of barricade increases to 60% and HP increases by 5. Also increases personal defence by 10% while active.
    - +3/3 AP: Barricade equipped with ballistic armour gives full protection for a while. Barricade defence increases to 75% and HP increases by 5. Also increases personal defence by 20% while active.
    T1 - Stun (0/3) Paralyze and incapacitate an enemy with a 25% fail rate (stun yourself otherwise).
    - +2/3 AP: Fail rate decreases by 2%.
    - +3/3 AP: Fail rate decreases by another 3%.
    T1 - Designation (C) (0/3) Detect an enemy's weak points for a brief time for a better chance at weakening them. Increases critical chance by 10%.
    - +2/3 AP: Critical increases by 5%.
    - +3/3 AP: 5% chance to permanently stun an enemy.

- Covert Ops (Covert Operations)
    T1 - Road flare (C) (0/3) Use a burning flare to enhance the vision of your nearby allies as well as allowing faraway allies to locate you (within reason). Can also blind enemies in combat.
    - +2/3 AP: Blindness duration increases.
    - +3/3 AP: Road flare reveals hidden enemies.
    T1 - Medical pack (C) (0/3) Heal yourself or an ally.
    - +2/3 AP: Healing increases.
    - +3/3 AP: Medical pack can heal open wounds and also gains life support to revive an ally.
    T1 - Camouflage (0/3) Hide yourself in a cardboard box or a fake rock with a 15% fail rate (reveal yourself otherwise).
    - +2/3 AP: Fail rate decreases by 2%.
    - +3/3 AP: Fail rate decreases by another 2%.

* By default, consumables quantity limit is 3, with a maximum of 5 when AP is 3/3. 1 AP = 1 limit of that equipment. If out of supply, request re-supply at the nearest IP office.
    That goes without saying you'll be getting other items and gadgets in the future!

Minimum Post Length:

Each post should have at least two sentences.

Rules:

Forum rules apply, including no godmodding, and controlling or killing others. You may, however, control another character with the member's permission.
    A minimum of two players is needed to begin.

This RP requires players to create light or minor logical inferences on given information in order to advance.
    Combat and ability use will be determined by a random number generated between 1 and 100 where appropriate. Outcomes may vary as well.

I do recognise that all of us have pretty busy lives, including my own, so the story progress will fluctuate depending on how much time we have.

2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,888.1
    Looks pretty good so far!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    If there is still place when km back, i join ya

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Character name: Elodie Nova

Age (13-20): 15

Appearance (Be descriptive!): Elodie has brown hair, with a ponytail in the sides, with a scrunchie holding it together. She also has messy bangs that usually cover her eyebrows, and she also has blue eyes. She wears a pink jacket, with a white shirt and a necktie hanging from her neck to her waist. She also wears a skirt, and high knee socks and blue shoes.

Hometown: Laverre City.

Personality: Elodie is a very hasty girl, but she is also practical, and takes things seriously. She rarely smiles, and she only usually smiles when she solves a mystery. She is also fond of clue-finding games to solve cases, to a point where she applies them in real life. She also good in forensics, as she could sense people nearby, regardless of having good intentions or not.

History (Include a reason why your character accepted the International Police request): Elodie was an orphan when she was a child; Both her parents died in an experiment accident, where her parents attempted to Mega Evolve a Lucario without its Mega Stone. Her family was known, but after their experiment, their family was no longer recognized in the Scientific Field.She wanted to seek revenge, but she knew that revenge is a two headed snake; If you do succeed in taking revenge, it will also poison you afterwards. Growing up with a family of intelligence, she is also very wise and decisive, though she could sometimes be hasty with her decisions. She joined the International Police because she wanted to do something in her life, and be known for it, like her parents, but she's sure to not make the same mistake as her parents did.

Abilities:
    - Forensics
    T1 - Heartbeat detector (1/3) Locate at least three hidden enemies or any living being within range (including hostages). +AP: detect two more beings.

- Policing
    T1 - Designation © (1/3) Detect an enemy's weak points for a brief time for a better channce at weakening them. Increases critical chance by 10%. +AP: critical increases by 5%.

- Covert Ops
    T1 - Medical pack © (1/3) Heal yourself or an ally. +AP: healing increases.

Pokémon: Sylveon
    Nickname (if needed): Sylvi
    Moves (choose strategically! You can use your moves outside of battle.): Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Psychic and Attract

Pokémon: Lampent
    Nickname (if needed): Lampy
    Moves (choose strategically! You can use your moves outside of battle.): Flash, Protect, Fire Spin and Shadow Ball

5. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    @[member="CattyNeko"] Oh nowhere have I mentioned that this is a Sinnoh-only RP... (Plus, Feira operates practically everywhere in this world). This RP will take place in various places including Kanto and Unova.

As for abilities, YES, you can match abilities from different fields! The idea is that you allocate your current AP (to start with: 3 AP) to a given ability in order to unlock and use that ability.
    For now, I have only shown Tier 1 abilities, so go ahead and pick what abilities you want with your 3 AP (you can pick 3 abilities or allocate 3 AP to just 1 ability or 2 AP to 1 ability etc.).

Like your choice of picking Flash, by the way.

6. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Thanks for the clarification! I've updated her profile now.

7. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    @[member="CattyNeko"] Looking pretty good! The only thing missing is that you need to change whichever (0/3) show where you've allocated your AP. (For example, three abilities with (1/3) or one ability with (3/3)).

Otherwise, you are Accepted!

8. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Already edited! Sorry if I really missed some important points needed here.

And I thought of Flash since they might have to explore caves or dark places.

9. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    @[member="CattyNeko"] Now it's my turn to apologise. I made a typo saying 2 AP earlier when there should have been 3. My mistake! You have an extra AP to spend.

A note that when you level up and gain your 1 AP as a reward, you can allocate it to make your ability more effective, or allocate it to unlock another of the T1 abilities.
    Ah, and I was thinking you would use Flash to perhaps blind your enemies...

10. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    It's alright. The abilities seem really interesting, but I find those three pretty cool.

It's also nice that we could allocate to another locked ability, so that we're not gonna get locked in our three choices. Looking forward to the RP!

11. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    Haha how is an RP fun without some variety? Being stuck in 3 choices would be dull. Plus, there's still Tier 2 abilities to be later revealed (but currently in development, truthfully).

I might even start with two players, but three is much more preferable when advancing.

Bottom line, you're Accepted!

12. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I am going to be active again on this site so I decided to enter this RP

Character namename: Ashley Supernova
    Age (13-20): 15
    Appearance (Be descriptive!) Feel free to use an image, but don't let it do all the work.: her hair are long and dark brown. They are tied in a pony tail adjusted with clips. Her height is 5'5". Her eyes are black and skin is pale. She wears a white shirt with a red tie. She wears maroon (not the bright red one) jeans with a pair of black shoes. She also wears maroon coat over her shirt. She didnt close buttons of coat.
    Hometown: Oreburgh city
    Personality: She is a person with practical attitude. She is a serious person when she solves cases otherwise a happy go lucky girl who always wears a smile on her face. She is a funny girl who dislikes people who rude. She also talks too much.
    History (Include a reason why your character accepted the International Police request): She is a normal girl came from a normal family. Like other parents, her parents also wanted her to achieve something in life.Ashley wanted to do something else than becoming a Doctor. Her parents were forcing her to become a doctor. She ran from her house and started living in a room on rent away from her house. She joined IP because it was perfect for her. She likes to do jobs like this though it was her first one. She wanted to try it.
    Abilities: -covert cops
    T1 - Road flare © (1/3) Use a burning flare to enhance the vision of your nearby allies as well as allowing faraway allies to locate you (within reason). Can also blind enemies in combat. +AP: Blindness duration increases.
    - Forensics
    T1 - Surveillance flare © (1/3) Gain one piece of information on an upcoming area. + AP: Attain one additional piece of information of the area

- Policing
    T1 - Barricade © (1/3) Create a temporary makeshift barrier to stop enemies in their tracks as well as protecting you and your allies. +AP: Defence increases and barricade lasts longer.

13. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    @[member="Pokémist"] Glad to see another familiar face in this thread! Is it a coincidence? It might be...

Anyway, Mist, it's looking good so far, but your application is Pending for a few reasons.

Is Tulin City a city based in the Pokémon world? If not, you'll have to change it.
    The other reason is more minor. It regards to your character's history: the IP request isn't something you're supposed to work for. It's actually mailed to your character in secret. In short, no one knows about the IP requests except for the IP themselves!

On other notes, I like your choice of abilities, and I laughed when I saw the name 'Ashley'. It looks very familiar yet different...

14. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    I will change the city and history

On the other notes, when I saw your RP thread I was like "Wow, first come first serve, Go on mist! Dont be the backup" Its not a coincidence, I purposely signed up here.
    First I was keeping my character's name Gary Supernova then something happened and I wrote Ashley. And thank you ^_^

15. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    Haha glad to have you on board, Mist!

Your application is still Pending, but there's just a quick question left: is Tulin City related to the Pokémon world in any way? I haven't found any information... (Otherwise, you'll still have to change it)
    I like Ashley's background story, though!

16. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
  17. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    There we go! You're Accepted! :D

Pokémist likes this.
  18. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    While we're waiting on a third player (and possibly a fourth one), I'll want to bring up some things you might want to review here. Turn-based combat, the role of Mobility (movement speed), and how to face cases of logical inference.

Turn-based Combat
    Determined by a roll between 1-100 with a minimum of 55 to score a hit. A roll of more than or equal to 90 is a critical (double damage). Enemy attack rolls are the same, with your evasion dependent on a roll of 45 or less (no counterattacks, however). On attacking, a roll of less than or equal to 15 allows an enemy to instantly counterattack with critical damage or, if stunned, will recover from status immediately.
    Critical and accuracy can be upset by ability usage. Abilities will have combat rolls of their own where necessary.
    Pokémon are permitted to attack separately. I will use a tenth of their power as at Gen VI (For example: Tackle would have a power of 5)

Basic stats at level 1:
    HP: 20
    Atk: 5
    Def: 20%
    Mobility: 100%
    Damage is determined by the math equation [Damage = Atk (1 - Def)] rounded to the nearest whole number. Your movement speed (mobility) will be affected after combat where needed.
    The equation for critical damage is [Damage = 2*Atk (1-Def)

If you have the ability 'Escape', you can flee turn-based combat. Also, other factors like burning, poisoning, paralysing, and stunning contribute to combat. As well, certain enemies are immune to such effects.

"Death"
    If your HP drops to 0, you will not die per se, but your Mobility is temporarily dropped to 0%. In other words, you're on the brink of death and have to retreat. For the time being, you will take a suppression serum to keep you alive, and try to get away. Otherwise, you might get captured!
    Using the suppression serum will keep you moving, but you can neither attack nor use your abilities. Should you have a Pokémon with you, your Pokémon can provide cover as you make an escape.
    You will need life support in order to continue.

Mobility (movement speed)
    Mobility is a factor affecting evasion rate (therefore, can upset hit ratios). A loss in speed makes you an easier target, and a gain is just the opposite.
    Also be aware that movement speed affects how you will act outside of combat. Stay in character! I'll let you know whether you've recovered or not. If you're at 0%, you can't do anything because you're on the brink of death!

150%: Evasion increases by another 2.5% and gain 10% critical! Probably won't last long...
    125%: Evasion increases by 2.5%.
    100%: Normal speed.
    75%: You can move as normal, but evasion decreases by 2.5%.
    50%: You are hurt and slowed to half speed. An ally can help you move. Evasion decreases by another 2.5%.
    25%: You are wounded, and you need an ally to help you move. Evasion decreases by another 2.5% and your accuracy decreases by 5%.
    0%: You need life support, badly, because you can barely move or even stand! Use a 3/3 AP medical pack or the forensic laser (a T3 ability) to recover, or call and meet up with an IP agent to fully recover.

Open Wound
    Bearing an open wound decreases your present movement speed by 25%, reduces your attack by 2, and halves your defence percentage. It is not a good thing to have! If you ever get one, use a 3/3 AP medical pack or the forensic laser to recover from it.
    You can use the 2/3 AP medical pack to regain the 25% lost mobility. Otherwise, see an IP officer or a Pokémon Centre to recover.

Logical inference situation

I premise will be supplied to you (provided you are actually there!) and what you must do is deduce the conclusion from what you have.
    To make things less complicated, I will focus on the forms of modus ponens, modus tollens, hypothetical syllogism, and disjunctive syllogism. You might want to refer to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_valid_argument_forms for details.
    It's simpler than it looks!

19. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Next week im can login again on my laptop and hall join ya

20. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    Okay! We'll be waiting!