1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What was the first Shiny you ever encountered?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Cartridge, Jul 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Cartridge

Cartridge Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽368.5
    Since Generation 2 Pokémon games have given you the opportunity to encounter very rare uniquely colored Pokémon with a chance of 1/8192 to encounter one up until Generation 6 where the chance to encounter could be lowered to 1/683. Over the years of playing and with those odds do you remember your first shiny encounter, what was it, where was it, did you catch it? (Red Gyarados doesn't count.)

My first encounter with a Shiny was in the worst place to run into a Shiny, The Safari Zone in Leaf Green. I was around 7 and I remember a friend recently telling me about Shiny Pokémon and I didn't believe a word he said. Well about a weak later while trying to catch a Tauros, encountered a Pokémon, saw the sparkle and there it was, a shiny Pidgey. I freaked out I didn't know what to do so I threw a safari ball at it, and after two ticks and broke out and ran away instantly.

How was your first shiny encounter? Feel free to share!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pokechu

Pokechu Hex Maniac

Belle
    (Buneary)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽69.6
    My first shiny was a Zubat. It was in either Heart Gold or Soul Silver, I was exploring one cave and it just appeared on me. Luckily, I was able to catch it.

Coincidentally, my second shiny ever was a Golbat, also in HG/SS. I caught that one, too. I have no idea what happened to these two, though, so I remade them using hax im a filthy cheater i know but i rly was attached to these two lol I have them both in my X file right now.

My most recent encounter was a Poliwag gotten from fish chaining. I had to name it Poliswag. There was no other way.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NekoPantera

NekoPantera PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽129.2
    My first shiny Pokémon that I ever encountered was a Zigzagoon or a Wingull, I can't exacly remember which one was first. That was a couple of years ago, though, so I also can't remember which game that was on.

4. Cadbureon

Anima
    (Litwick)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8.5
    Oh dear, that sucks!~ I'm so glad the safari zone mechanics have changed; it was hard enough catching Pokémon already, but when shiny Pokémon are involved...

My first legitimate shiny (I used to be way too into using my action replay aha) was a Shinx in Platinum.~ I was a little miffed at how bad I was with the Poke Radar so I spent some time looking up guides and attempting to chain a Shinx in a joke-like fashion, thinking I'd still do pretty bad.~ And I did, but I soon ended up getting a chain of 40 and once I realised that I had a high chance to find a Shiny Shinx I excitedly reset the radar until I found him.~

Nicknamed him Ravern.~ He's been transferred all the way to Alpha Sapphire and I'm going to make him a contest star soon.~ =>

5. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    My first Shiny was either a Bidoof or a Staravia (it happened too long ago and I don't remember which one was my first, oops). It was in Pokémon Diamond, my first Pokémon game ever. I was 10 or 11, barely spoke English and I didn't understand most of the things that were happening. One day, I just bumped into a different-colored Bidoof (or Staravia, lol) and it sparkled. Not understanding what it meant, I decided to catch it.

Speaking of first Shinies... my brother actually caught a Shiny Pachirisu in the Valley Windworks in his Pokémon Diamond game, right before he would fight commander Mars. Lucky him... I was sitting beside him and told him to catch it (I understood what Shiny Pokémon were by then). If I hadn't told him that, he would've let it slip, lol.

6. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Gen 4, I was playing my friends game, first poke I encountered, a shiny Rotom. I caught it and I have it in my game now :D

7. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    My first shiny was a random encounter with a Pelipper. I had an Azumarill in the first party slot that was pretty low-leveled and knew rollout. Forgetting that rollout was a multi-turn move, I used it. I was pretty tired at the time and couldn't really think straight (or so I like to think). Anywho, I just watched in horror as my shiny's HP slowly went down until it fainted D:

8. timberjacke

PokéPoints:
    ₽59.9
    My first shiny was a shiny Tropius back in Ruby. I caught it in Fortree city and when I saw it I squealed at my oldest cousin (the first person ever who introduced me to Pokémon), urging him to help me catch it. I still have it to this day in my Heartgold game but never actually got around to transferring it to my new games.. :D

9. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    A shiny Camerupt from White 2. I almost killed it since I was mindlessly grinding and watching tv at the same time. But Lulu is now in the Bank waiting for Moon to come around. I have no room for my full Pokédex in my game. IV breeding takes a long time and a lot of space.

10. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,269.2
    My first shiny was a Rhyhorn in the Generation 1 remakes. I, of course, accidentally killed it and didn't get to keep it, like most shiny Pokémon I've ever encountered, which isn't often at all. It's rather disappointing, especially considering that Rhyperior is one of my all-time favorite Pokémon. It would've been nice to have a shiny of one of my absolute favs.

11. Charlotte

Charlotte Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽24.9
    In Black 2, I found a Banette in Victory Road. Myself not knowing what a shiny was, I was pretty calm and intrigued about it. Either way, I thought it was unique because of the shiny effect when appearing, but also of the different colour. Thankfully I caught it, and named it Bluenette since it was teal.

12. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    My very first shiny I encountered was a female Zigzagoon in Emerald, many, many years back. I knew as soon as I saw her silhouette panned across the screen that she was different because no way was a Zigzagoon that orange! And lo and behold, stars flew!

I was so excited and so nervous because I only had my starter, Torchic, who I was grinding at the time, and I was scared that I'd accidentally make the adorable dear faint.

I managed to capture her, after many lost pokeballs [for a very good cause!], and promptly named her Riku.

She became my second in command, about as strong as my Blaziken [once he evolved], and I loved seeing the sparkles fly when she entered battle. I was so excited through out the game, because I had planned to catch them all.

But tragedy struck once I defeated the Elite 4 because the game lost all its data. I couldn't pick up my Gameboy Advance for a few days because I lost my shiny Lioone.

13. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    I have encountered three Shiny Pokémon, all with amusing stories.

The first was a Shiny Golbat in Iron Island. I caught it because it was green, but didn't know how rare it was at the time. It has since been deleted.
    The second was a Shiny Wooper in the Safari Zone. Wise to the rarity of Shinies, I caught it, and it's now in my Battle Revolution file. I haven't transferred any Generation IV Pokémon towards my 3DS games, but it's still in Heartgold if I ever take the chance.
    The third was a Shiny Luvdisc on Route 8. I found it while Heart Scale grinding. Was it due to Chain Fishing? I have no idea, but I'll always joke that Pokémon Y was shipping me with the girl I was sitting next to.

14. Toxic

Toxic Idk I'm bored

Lugia Egg
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽176.8
    I don't know if this would count as an "encounter" but the first shiny I got was a Shiny Magikarp from an egg.

15. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I seem to change my first shiny everytime I recall it. I think it was a shiny tentacool back in Pokémon Platinum but I couldn't catch it.

16. KipKip

KipKip Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽12.0
    I encountered/caught my first shiny just yesterday. I was just looking for Heart Scales, and literally the second Luvdisc I see is shiny.

17. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    In Pokémon Black I was looking for Ditto in the Giant Chasm. Got into a double battle with a Shiny Clefairy. Luckily for me I caught it and it's still with me today! I have a reaction video of it as well...

18. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    Oh god...

I was playing Pokémon X and was in a Friend Safari. Pokémon X was my first game, and I was still kind of new to the whole Pokémon thing, and I didn't know much about some lesser-known Pokémon.

I ran into a Shiny Volbeat. I had no clue it was a shiny, and I killed it. Only later did I realize it was a shiny, and I never forgave myself.

Not too long ago, I actually caught my first shiny; a shiny Cherrim. Forgot what game it was.

19. Faerie

Faerie School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽38.3
    Not counting the shiny Gyarados in Pokémon Crystal my first shiny was a Tentacool in Pokémon Fire Red. Also the next day a got a shiny Wismur in Pokémon Ruby so I was a pretty happy kid.

20. Bossvelt

Bossvelt Camper

PokéPoints:
    ₽32.8
    it was a zubat that i ended up trading for like a gible or something i dont remember why but i just hated the fact that it was a zubat