1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Sequels You DON'T Want to See

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wizard, Jul 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    Often in the movie industry, companies will be pressure into making sequels for movies that are absolutely awful. This is simply because a lot of movies aren't meant to have sequels, and the fanbase pressure the companies into making something that shouldn't have been made. Also, companies could make the sequel based off of their own decision. This doesn't mean the sequel would automatically be terrible, this topic is just for sequels you don't want to see.

What movie sequels do you not want to see? Why? What do you think the sequel would mess up?

I think that The Incredibles shouldn't get a sequel. Personally, I love the Incredibles, and it's a really fun movie, but I feel like they'd mess up a lot of the charm of the original one with the sequel that they are planning on coming out with soon. I mean, I love the characters, I just feel like this sequel might not be a good idea.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I feel like Now you see me needs no more squeals, the one already was a bit to much and killed some good character we had already gotten. But considering how that movie went, there will most likely be a third.

Beetlejuice, now this movie isn't set in stone but rumors have it getting a squeal, the original was amazing as is and like Ghostbusters, needs no reboots or modern makes, it was great as it was.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    Too many "Wrong turn" Sequels... 6 in all now..

[​IMG]
    I remember watching the third and thought that was the last one...
    turns out I took a "wrong turn" lol

I like horror movies, but this is sort of getting whack now....

should have stopped at 3 I think.

Cannibal movies are fun to watch, if there is any positive to make of this...
    My bro told me about the 6th one a few weeks back.

He is in the loop, unlike myself.

4. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Now that is quite an interesting topic! There are so many movies that I am excited that they are getting sequels like Frozen, The Incredibles, and there are also rumors for a Big Hero 6 sequel after the television show airs on Disney XD.

Now, for movies that I don't want a sequel to be given to... hmm... it would most definitely be the horrendous film that is known as Foodfight.

It was released in 2012, although intended for 2003. It was inspired by Toy Story, but is nowhere near it's success. The film overall was terrible in my opinion save for a few aspects. It received a 1.7/10 on imdb. The animation was rushed, and even the 2002 trailer looked better than the finished 2012 product. Foodfight was disturbing, and should not be seen by children sensitive to certain... things... it turns out that the head of the animated film had no experience in animation. I would say more, but this isn't a review post. You can see how and why it is so terrible in this youtube clip.

I have heard that this movie was getting a sequel... Foodfight 2! I do not see why as the sequel would not be in demand. But perhaps there is hope for the Foodfight series.

5. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    Now some of you may not know this, but there is in fact a large possibility of a Shrek 5. If you're like me, then you don't want this. At all. 2 was good, and 3 was decent. Please DreamWorks, don't do this. We all love and care about you

6. Mimic

Mimic Tuber

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.7
    I'm not sure if it is a sequel or a remake, but Rocky Horror. They need to stop. Please. For the love of Richard O'Brien, please no.

7. EchoSouls

EchoSouls Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.2
    (I am incapable of spelling this title, please forgive me)

Kung-Fu-Panda. i don't want a fourth one, three felt sort of rushed to me, 1 was amazing and 2 was pretty cool, but we really don't need to run this series into the ground.

8. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I would NOT want to see a sequel of Holes because while Small Steps was a good book I really think that they'd mess the whole movie up because they would have to change so much due to the subject matter of the book. Also I wasn't too fond of the book as a whole considering that I only read it once and never touched it again (which usually means that I was not a big fan of it).

9. Krieg

Krieg Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.2
    I hear there's going to be a Cars 3, heaven knows why because Cars 2 bombed, and I wouldn't want to see Toy Story 4 either.

10. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Please no more Equestria Girls movies, the newest one was so awful.... they suffered enough in one, struggled through two and this newest one was just vomit on a screen

11. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Please no more of those Fast and Furious movies. Please. There was too many after two of them. We don't need another "street racers with 'tude" movie ever again. You've more than met the quota forever, congratulations.

12. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    I'm kind of unsure about the Wreck-it Ralph sequel that's supposedly been planned for 2018. I just don't feel as though a second movie would have the same charm that the first one did? And like Toy Story 3, the ending of Wreck-it Ralph was perfect enough that a continuation isn't really necessary. But I loved the first film so much that I'd still check out a sequel if it ever does become a real thing.

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  13. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    No more Fast & Furious movies, please...
    And sadly, as much as I love the Shrek films, I think it's about time they died down. Stopping them after the 3rd would've been great. Cars should've stopped after the 1st one, imo. Can't think of too many others, though.

14. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Despite my love for the series I don't want to see the avatar TLA cartoon have another sequel, hopefully it'll be left where it is. As for the avatar TLA movie? As much as I want to give it a chance, I don't think it'll work as a life action movie so no sequel.

Another is a recent announcement, Cars. I really don't think a third release is needed, there's only so far you can take a series like that and I don't think the third will do much for it.

15. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Welp I'm afraid there's sigh-worthy news there, today while watching YouTube via Xbox360 (meaning no ad-block) I came across the trailer for yet another one.

Just stop already. The title of it could potentially be hinting at this being the end but they've milked it this far so there's really no telling, and a quick Google search brought back headlines stating that the trailer broke viewing records or something so I guess we are a real minority when it comes to this.

16. Trent29193

Trent29193 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽38.9
    I dunno, there's a lot of story telling potential in the TLA universe. Too often I find myself wondering about things and checking to see if that was ever explained or hinted at. Some of the comics haven't been terrible either.

17. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    The worst sequel I have ever seen in my entire life, both as opposed to the original and in general, is Teen Beach 2. The first one was okay, but the second is one of my 5 worst movies of all time. Mulan also should have stopped at one. And if they make a Madagascar 4...

Let's just say things will get rough.

18. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Please, no more Equestria Girls...the fourth one was just a pathetic excuse for quality.

In the future though, I SWEAR TO GOD if the Emoji Movie gets a sequel...

19. Jhopthegamer

PokéPoints:
    ₽117.5
    there doesn't need to be another Blade Runner or another Indiana Jones because it doesn't feel original anymore

20. RarepairQueenJeanne

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    Expected, but Frozen 2. I know the rumors have been flying around since the first one was released, but please. I'm still hearing Let It Go in 2017, and I'm exhausted of it. No more. The main reason I'm worried about it is my family is a fan of all things Disney so I know if they release a sequel there is no way out of watching it.

Also, minions. Despicable Me 1 was decent, 2 was annoying to say the least, but the Minions movie was god-awful, and it had way too much merch. If there's going to be a second one I swear to Arceus I will refuse to watch it.