1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Your Breeding Game

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Megarai111, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Simple question.
    In what game do you usually breed your Pokémon? Do you prefer to use Pokémon X or Y, or do you prefer to use OR or AS? Why? Tell us here!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Alpha Sapphire, I love the daycare at the Battle resort. The location is so convenient and I have the charms on that game. And somehow I am already used to it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Looking at both games ORAS made it easier with the island, you could bike around and collect eggs as you go while in X and Y you have to fly to Lumious to get to the infinite circle. I do think it is easier to activate this in X and Y since in ORAS you have to hit a specific point on the island to activate the circle and there is that stupid slowing sand in the way for some random reason. In X and Y there is a clear path for this and it can go faster but is only allowing you to do 5 eggs at a time while the ORAS island lets you continuously do it since you are all in the same location. In end ORAS wins for me

4. EmeraldHeart

EmeraldHeart Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽11.5
    ORAS all the way, its all in one place and just honestly less of a hassle

5. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    ORAS. It has a 'circle' like with Lumiose to make it simpler, and it's in the same area as the daycare, along with the tutor moves and battle resort for gaining BP.

Not to mention that elsewhere, there's another daycare where you can just use it to grind EXP on the side whilst you breed.

6. Demon_Ghirahim

PokéPoints:
    ₽22.3
    I breed with x/y Mainly because well its just a personal preference.

7. Raizek

Raizek Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.1
    What I usually do is:
    1. I use Y to breed and hatch Pokémon eggs
    2. Once I got the IVs I'm looking for, I trade it to OR
    3. Since it's a traded Pokémon, it'll gain extra exp. I also use hordes to EV train it.

I know it's easier to hatch eggs in ORAS but I got all the breeding items on Pokémon Y XD

8. EchoSouls

EchoSouls Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.2
    I always use my copy of Omega Ruby. The IV checker, daycare, good chain fishing location, and infinite loop all in the same area are so convenient ahh.

9. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    My alpha sapphire becaus, A 2 daycares, B I'm more active in that game, C More stuff in it, D more conveniant with the IV checker in the poke center next to the daycare, and E ALL THESE SQUARES MAKE A CIRCLE!!!

10. Reunilu

Reunilu Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽366.6
    My Pokémon X file for a number of reasons. Often I'm multitasking, but I'd prefer to put my focus on something else rather than the game, which Lumiose City is perfect for. Not only that, but most of my Pokémon are on that file, including a lot of Dittos that I use to get specific natures.

11. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    ORAS, not only because I have many Japanese 6IV Dittos with Destiny Knots, but the Battle Resort is a much better hatchery than Route 7. You literally hold right on the D-Pad and there you go.

12. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I always preferred ORAS because it has all of the move tutors and is where everyone battles on. It's too much of a pain to have to trade from X/Y to ORAS every time.

13. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    Y and AS. Mainly because I complete these games last and I use X and OR for battling. It keeps things more organized!

14. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I breed everything on X and that's mostly because that was the main game I played when when I was into competitive, so it just stuck. Even more so after I basically transferred everything but the Pokémon I had bred and needed for breeding over to other games xD

15. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Overall I did much more breeding on Y, but then stopped playing for a time. When I got back into it I got Omega Ruby which is now my main Gen 6 game with everything on it, and Y was one I restarted for a quick play through before Sun came out. Did some breeding on OR but not as much as I once did say a year or two ago in Y.