1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Smol Bear, Big Fish and Sandcastles? - August CoroCoro Leaks

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Pixel, Aug 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Hey guys, [member='Aura'] here with the latest Sun and Moon coverage! This time, we'll be looking at the CoroCoro leaks for August 2016!

Apart from you'll see down below, there was also coverage done on Oricorio and Alolan Exeggutor, but no new information arose.

[​IMG]

First up, we have "Yowashi", a pure Water-type Pokémon. It's based off of a fish. It has two forms; Single Form, where it's by itself, and School Form, where many Yowashi come together to form one really large Pokémon. How this ability works is currently unknown.

[​IMG]

Next up we have "Sunabaa" and "Shirodesuna", an evolution chain of Ground/Ghost-type Pokémon. They're based off of sandcastles. Sunabaa is a grudge that dwells inside a pile of sand and turned into a Pokémon, while Shirodesuna steals the life force from other Pokémon, and those Pokémon's grudges turn into new Sunabaa.

For the final new Pokémon, we have Bewear's pre-evolution, known currently as "Nuikoguma". Much like it's evolved form, it's a Normal/Fighting-type. According to the leaks, it's popular among children and women, and tops the lists of Pokémon humans want to meet. It hates being touched and will kick and struggle to resist. It's quite powerful, but once it evolves into Bewear it gains herculean strength.

[​IMG]

Moving on to the newly revealed Alolan Pokémon, we have two new additions - Alolan Meowth, and Alolan Marowak. Alolan Meowth is a pure Dark-type, and it came about after being bred by the royal family of Alola. Alolan Marowak is a Fire/Ghost-type, and it became this type in order to counter it's natural predators.

[​IMG]

Finally, we have some news on the antagonistic team of Pokémon Sun and Moon - Team Skull. Not much is known about them yet, but there are images for the leader, the grunts and a woman, possible some sort of admin or higher-up. The leader's name is Guzma and the girl's name is Plumeri.

This issue also reveals that the September issue will contain a poster which features Rockruff's "Secret Evolution", so that's something to look forward too!

~​

The next news bomb for Western audiences is due to drop in a few days, so I'll be sure to cover it all for you on here! Until then, this is [member='Aura'], signing out!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    Did Alola Marowak and the sandcastles really need to be Ghost? Sure, Marowak has the lore thing, but Ghost seems tacked on to the sandcastles to make them Golett clones unique. Honestly, to couter Marowak's predators... something to beat Water. But I guess we can't have a Fire/Grass or Fire/Electric Pokémon.

Other than that, Team Skull seems almost tailor-made for my story concept.

Place your bets, do you think Meowth from Team Rocket will be replaced by or turned into an Alolan Meowth? Considering Ash-Greninja, I'm not putting it past them.

3. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I don't think so, because I still believe only the Meowths that get caught in Alola are Alolan form, and since the Meowth in the anime isn't from Alola, I don't believe it will be Alolan form Meowth.

The new Pokémon sure are interesting! I don't hope they'll end up creating new Generations of Pokémon based on a certain "theme" from now on (this time, the theme could be called Hawaii or Tropical or The Beach). I prefer to see diversity :)

I can't wait to find out about Rockruff's secret evolution! I still think it's gonna be a werewolf :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    That's the assumption I'm working off, too. But that's just for the games. It seems weird that they'd make a Meowth like that and not have it have anything to do with Team Rocket. Well, they'd probably be half-decent Team Skull fodder.

5. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    All the Pokémon that has an Alolan form are Gen 1 Pokémon. There's only been 7 confirmed but that's the pattern so far. There are Chinese leaks that are pretty convincing that says that there are other Gen 1 Pokémon with Alolan forms, but until they're proven real or fake, we only have these 7 to go with. If it does end up being like this, then would all Gen 1 Pokémon have an Alolan form? I don't think the Legends would have an Alolan form, but seeing everything else getting an Alolan form would be cool.

If you can Mega Evolve in Sun and Moon, then can Alolan Pokémon Mega Evolve? If Mega Evolution is in the game, and all gen 1 Pokémon get an Alolan form, then Mega Evolution would just be a huge mess imo. It'll be cool to think about 2 more different Zard megas but having them in the game just seems really complicated.

But then again, nothing is confirmed but it is fun to speculate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.