1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What do you think about Team Skull?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by ~Nova~, Aug 11, 2016.

1. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    So, very recently, the 'bad guys' of Pokémon Sun and Moon were revealed: Team Skull.

The leader (Guzma), an admin (Plumeria), and the grunts were revealed so far. We don't know their main motive yet, but so far, they sound like all the other teams.

So, I'd like to know what you guys think about this team so far. Do you think you like them? What do you think their motive is? (What about those outfits and designs, huh?)

Anyway, I personally like the female Grunt's outfit. Seriously. It's awesome in my opinion. I'd wear it :P

Anyway, to me, seems like there is potential there. They look kinda like gangsters to me, or however you'd describe it, I know, I suck. The one thing I'd like different is the name. I've seen it before.

No, it'd be awesome if they make the reference.

So, what do you guys think?

And as a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Fangirl, I have to sign off with this:

"Chaw-haw-haw!" (*cough* Sinnoh remake confirmed :P *cough*)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Kiyase and OminousMoon like this.
  2. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I honestly love them. From what we've seen so far, the designs are amazing, they seem to be interesting, and they're named team skull for goddsakes.
    My favorite has to be Guzma. I just love his design! Also, Plumeria must have sunglasses b/c her eyes are v white while everything else is tan lol.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I guess it'll depend on what team Skull is planning, but to be honest, so far, they look like a bunch of punks terrorizing the region (to me, at least). Their team music is great though: when I heard it in the preview video, it made me smile.
    Yup, I'm most definitely looking forward to whether Pokémon will do something to make me change my opinion on Team Skull. I don't doubt it, but I won't know until the game is out or new info gets leaked :P

4. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I rather enjoy the design of the new team, they look like punk and gangsters but very unique. I really like the admin Plumeria, her hair is bright like poison, much like poison types they are using. I also like how she calls the grunts her brothers and sisters, it makes it seem much more human and relate-able. The team leader seems to have a beef with others and over the past, he wants revenge or to fight for a real reason that works with him. It is a good start for me

5. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    Great battle theme, dull encounter theme (what else is new?).

Kinda cool Grunts, an intriguing Admin, and a pretty great Boss.

I'm very interested in their story potential. I foresee something pretty good in Sun and Moon themselves.

6. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I like their designs! I'm interested to see their motive too. So far Plumeria's design has caught my attention most, I love her hair.

7. Scout

Scout Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽18.3
    i absolutely adore the design. they actually look like a gang which i think is pretty neat. i cant wait to see their motives, whether they're "evil" just because or if theyre similar to other teams and how they wanna control the legendaries for their power.

8. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    They remind me of the Skylander, Rollerbrawl or like a High School Rollerskating Gang, Unique but kind-of silly....

9. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I really love Team Skull's battle music! That's the first point I have to say. Attention is focused on their dance moves, which look like they're dancing to rap music. Though the girl's outfit is very short (I don't like short short clothes), and they look goofy, they are awesome in my opinion and are very fun to defeat! I can't wait to see their involvement in the plot.

10. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    All they need is a Koffing, Zubat, and a Stuntank somewhere on their team and they will be perfect.

Outside of that I love their battle theme. It's like peace to my ears. Though right now they don't seem too threatening as some of the other teams.

Megarai111 and ~Nova~ like this.
  11. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    So much cringe

They are giving me flashbacks of those kids in middle school who try to be edgy and think it's adbass. Compared to all the other evil organizations these guys really don't seem intimidating in the slightest lol. At least Team Flare I could take somewhat seriously, but these guys not so much. Their designs aren't that bad but I really hope as we play through the game they are somewhat challenging and have a big purpose in the game as antagonists.

12. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    To be honest the big goals are already taken up by the other teams. What could team Skull possibly want, besides terrorizing Alola? Do they want to block out the sun or have the moon blasted out of the sky? I personally am not a fan of the designs, it looks too forced and I prefer the simpler Team Rocket outfits.

13. Serena-chan

Serena-chan Bask under the moon's warmth

Rick
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.3
    Amulet Coin ★★★
    The designs aren't bad in my opinion, hip hop dancers is an interesting concept. But the theme from the preview reminds me of THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU OMG, WHAT?!

14. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    They seem like they'd be a chill group of foes to me! I can't wait to learn more about them and what they plan to do. I also want to learn more about Gladion.

15. EchoSouls

EchoSouls Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.2
    Team Skull seem to have a lot of potential, considering the inclusion of the Aether Foundation. I'd love to see Team Skull's motives fully. I'm personally more interested in the Aether Foundation though.

16. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I think they're hilarious, if they're gonna be acting like this and be this over the top all the time, I'm gonna laughing everytime xD

17. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    I'm already in love with Team Skull haha. I love the design and the battle theme so already they're passing the marks in my books! I'd be very much interested to see what their evil intentions are though. We've had total takeover, drought/deluge, recreating the entire universe, total takeover again and the very destruction of humanity. I'm definitely curious to see what these hooligans get up to.

One thing's for sure, I absolutely adore how over-the-top they are, it's given me some good laughs and will probably continue to do so!

18. Mimic

Mimic Tuber

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.7
    The Team Skull Grunt animations are hilarious hahaha, I keep imagining they have an Australian accent & they act speak like typical bogans mixed with highschool edgelords. But I really like the design of the outfits

19. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    The exaggerated gangsta poses and walks are great. They just seem really street punk-like so far though which makes me wonder how well organized they will be, or if perhaps they are just hired goons by someone/something else.

20. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I admit it I have a hard time taking them serious after playing the demo because of all exaggerated movements. At least it looks like that admin don't flail around but still they have potential. Let's just hope Game Freak don't screw it up.