1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

You make my heart go Doki Doki

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LostSpirit, Aug 20, 2016.

1. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Most of us have seen the appeal of a romantic relationship, or at least taken in interest in someone.

So... any stories to share of the past, present, or possibly the future? :hello: Perhaps how you met that certain someone or even just a special memory.

I'm nosy, so I really want to know. After all, my heart goes doki doki when y'all post. :blush:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ShiroLugia and Sanctuary like this.
  2. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I have only been in love twice in my entire life, but one of those stories is something I'd rather not share, so I'll just share the other since I don't really mind that one :P

*ahem*
    *takes out storybook*
    Now sit still and listen well, children.

It was the summer of 2012, the last week of summer holiday before the new school year would start. I was 13 back then. My best friend (back then the only friend I had) asked me to come do voluntary work at a local event meant for children. In this last week of summer holiday, it's become a tradition that a select group of volunteers organizes a lot of events for kids from age 4-12 to participate in. It was originally meant to be a cheap and fun alternative for those parents who couldn't take their kids on vacation, but it gained interest very quickly, and nowadays, a lot of kids from all over town (and the surrounding area!) participate.

After one hectic but fun week of events, it was finally over. That Friday, all of us were busy cleaning up after the fun fair (an event that returns every year and is the traditional closing event for the fun week).

Every year, the hosts of the fun fair would rent a couple of oldschool arcade machines for kids to play on, and one of those arcade machines in that year was some kind of biking game where you actually had to pedal your way through a course riding an air bike, trying to pop balloons that would give you points along the way.

Of course, as the gaming addict I am, I was in love with that game, so I didn't do much cleaning :P

After a while, a boy came up to me. He had blonde hair and blue eyes and a very sparkling smile. I don't remember what he said to me exactly, but I believe it was something about the game. His eyes were shining while he was talking to me, and somehow, they made something flutter inside my chest. My heart was racing.

I learned the boy's name, Daan. I learned about his passion for airplanes, I learned about that he had a real airplane seat in his room.

At the end, after a nice conversation, I headed back to the lunch room (which was at the other side of the building) in order to get myself a drink.

Only... I couldn't get him out of my head. It was strange. Very strange. I couldn't stop thinking about him, and I couldn't stop smiling. I felt lightheaded. It was nice, but I'm kind of a controlfreak, so it was scary to have something take over your brain completely like that without your permission.

I wanted to see him again to try and see if he was still there. There wasn't really a reason for that, I just did. I returned to the hall where the fun fair had been in just an hour or two ago, and when I heard his voice, my heart skipped a beat again.

I was young back then. I knew what being in love meant, but I had never experienced it before.

I managed to get the courage to talk to him again. When he saw me, the big smile returned to his face.

We talked again.

I learned about the school he attended back then, I learned that he was 13, just like me.

After talking for a while, I said: "Uhh... I guess I'll be heading home then." He just replied with "Yeah," clearly not knowing what he had to do in a situation like this. Just like me.

So I got on my bike and rode home, unable to get the thought out of my head that I had done something wrong, that I should have stayed and talked to him more.

I didn't even know his surname. I didn't know how to contact him. I didn't know where he lived.

There was literally no way for me to contact him.

He was stuck in my head for the next few weeks. I couldn't stop fantasizing about him kissing me and doing all that kind of romantic stuff couples do, like hold hands and having long conversations and stuff.

After that fateful day of the fun fair, I saw him again at the fun fair. I recognized him immediately and my heart began to flutter once again. I was there with my best friend, the same best friend that had asked me to volunteer at that week-long event. Thanks to the sudden clutch of nerves in my stomach, I could only say "Hi". He replied with the same, but because he was with a little girl (his sister, I guess), he had to walk on. I turned to my best friend and said "Well, that was him" (by then, I had already figured out I was in love with him).

I hadn't seen him after that for a long amount of time, so eventually, my feelings for Daan disappeared, much to my pleasure because I was kinda getting tired of having him in my head all the time and not being able to stop thinking about him. Sure, the feeling was nice, but I'd love to focus on other things as well, hmm? :P

..then, right around fall, something else happened, but that's the event I still regret up til now and I don't wanna talk about that :P

The next time I saw Daan was at next year's event week. A whole school year had passed and I was about to go into another school year.

Seeing him again made me nervous, but I was kinda relieved to discover that my heart didn't start to flutter again. We even touched fingers once, but a spark didn't jump, so I was safe (I had learned about feeling that "spark" back then, but that's related to that thing I don't want to talk about). I did learn his surname back then (I spied on the name list of the volunteers, lol. His surname is ridiculously long and even I have trouble spelling it O_O)

To be honest, I have no idea if Daan even remembers me. I've seen him cycle by a couple of times over the years (apparently, he lives in the same town as I do and his little brother attends the same school as I do), so I know what he does nowadays, but he never looks at me. He smiles every now and then when I see him (which is not that often, perhaps once in about four months or something like that), but that smile doesn't make my heart race anymore.

Was it a wasted chance? I don't know. I would love to know how my life would've looked if we had stayed in touch. Perhaps something would have blossomed between us, which would make me the first girl in my class to ever get in a relationship, which is insane because I'm not pretty at all, lol. Maybe my view of love would've been different as well if that had happened.

Well, the past is the past, and I ended up the way I am right now because of it. I don't know if I'm supposed to regret it or not, but the fact remains that I love my life as it is right now very much. I have great friends, school's great, LV's great, my mental health is great (mostly thanks to a certain math teacher) and my physical health is great too. I'm doing great. I have high hopes for the future, I know what I want to do, I know what I want to achieve. Daan was part of that journey to getting where I am right now.

Who knows? I might even find a new Daan in the future. I really, really hope so. I'm not looking forward to losing control over my feelings and my thoughts again, but I just really want to meet someone who could make me happy, who could make my life even greater, who could support me when I need it and who I could support when he needs it.

*sighs*

Sorry, I got carried away a little :P

Enjoy my sad little love story of the first time I've ever fallen in love o7

until the day I find the love of my life, I'll just enjoy playing terrible otome games lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Sanctuary likes this.
  3. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Kotegawa Yui, Yachi Hitoka and Tadokoro Megumi are the only girls I'll admit my love to on here >_>

4. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    Nope. I've never been in love and don't plan to be. I'm aiming to go solo until I'm thirty, at which point legends say I can trade in my v-card and transform into a wizard. I've been growing a beard in preparation for that day.

In seriousness, I simply don't feel the need to pursue any form of relationship. If love comes and finds me then I won't fight it, but I'm not going to go looking. I've got better things to do with my time.

DIO, shinygiratinaz and BiohazardSr like this.
  5. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    Aha, I feel a little left out here for indulging in my romantic feelings and being all sweet with my boyfriend... Whatever makes you guys happy I suppose!! I used to think the same as you guys but when I actually fell in love...Oh man. Love is really strong.

@[member="8542Madness"] even if you aren't looking for anyone, what kinds of traits would you like in a partner though, Madness?

6. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    Most people would say they'd want someone to be honest, kind, and with similar interests to them. Personally, I'd want something a little different in a partner. I want someone who can have different opinions than me and isn't afraid to challenge my thoughts on something. I'd want someone to clash wits with, someone who can keep me on my toes. I don't particularly care about how kind they are so long as they don't go out of their way to be rude, and I can even overlook dishonesty if I can understand their reasoning and they aren't doing it to hurt me. In some ways, I have similar expectations from a serious rival and romantic partner. We should be opposites that compliment each other when working together to be stronger than we would be apart. We should always be challenging each other to be greater than we were yesterday and helping each other along the way.

I think the only trait that I'd have to draw the line at is selfishness. I personally put a lot of energy into doing what I can to help the people around me, and seeing someone do the opposite tends to anger me very quickly. I don't think it would ever work out between us if my hypothetical partner was selfish.

Sanctuary and ShiroLugia like this.
  7. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I confessed to my my friend that I "Want to take our relationship further" and he was like sure so I guess I'm dating now? It's been like 4 years so I'm excited to do all sorts of shit like send cards and stuff.

8. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Soooooo boy troubles haha.
    I've been in this weird on-off liking thing with this boy I've known for 8 years.
    It all started in the 4th grade. My oh my was he cute. I stood in the back of him in the lunch line and would tease him because this dude was tallllllll. I enjoyed talking to him, but that was kind of it. Just a small 4th-grade crush. I didn't really talk to him the next year, but I would always take a little glance at him because honestly, he was really cute and I liked him a lot.

In the 6th grade, I found him on social media and started talking to him online. I remember the first conversation we had was a few hours long and we ended up having a fight. It was okay though because we bonded over that moment. I can not remember anything substantial that we talked about besides me asking him if he ever liked me at one point. Eventually, I ended up confessing to him. Remember, all of this stuff was online and he didn't respond at all. I was pretty petty and ended up blocking him on Facebook for a few months. (I unblocked him because I realized I was being stupid and I missed talking to him.)

We got pretty close and talked often until probably around the middle of my freshman year. We didn't really have anything in common at all at this point, and I was really tired of trying to communicate with him since I would always be the one to start the conversation. We became really awkward and distant, not that we weren't before. We just had different interests and that was okay. I sort of let it go and I moved on with my life.

Fast-forward a few years, our mutual friend asked me, "Hey, why don't you talk to him sometime?" Being the awkward and shy person I am, I was too nervous and opted not to. Well, this friend decides to add the guy and me into a group chat. We talk for a bit, even a little on voice chat. I got pretty attached within the month because of nostalgia and what not. Then, he tells me he's going to Japan for the semester. Are you kidding me? It was a pretty big shock to me. I knew he was into Japanese culture, but I didn't know he was this dedicated. I didn't know whether or not I should keep messaging him because of the whole immersion factor and the whole time zone factor. That's where I am now. He's going to come back, so I don't know what's going to happen in the future.

I think I have an attachment issue.