1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Article Staff Interview - Bloom

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Pixel, Aug 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Hey guys, [member='Aura'] here with another amazing LV Staff Interview! This time, I've had the pleasure if interviewing the amazing [member='❀Bloom❀'], one of the site's Administrators. Without further ado, let's get this started! Note that my questions will be bolded and match the colour you see here, while my interviewee's will be this colour~

Let's start with an easy question: who are you?

I'm Bloom! I'm a pretty random girl who loves cute things and obsesses over "the kawaii." Since my life is kind of all over the place I spend a good portion of time on the internet learning new things and meeting new people when I can. I love Pokémon, which is one of the primary reasons I am here in the first place, but I also enjoy anime, movies, running, hiking, reading, drawing, pixel art, and so much more!

What is your role here on Lake Valor?

I am an administrator! áµ”-áµ” After a month as a moderator and a year as a super mod, I became an admin over a year ago. As an administrator I help provide guidance around the forums and answer any inquiries about the community. Another part of the job is to give insight to the staff about community issues and recommend suggestions that could help benefit the community as a whole. I also do a small amount of moderation here and there, but I mostly help with the behind the scenes projects and look out for all the members. (~â–½~)b

Why did you choose this role?

Since I spent a lot of time on the community and loved helping it grow, I figured I shouldn't turn down the opportunity to make a positive impact in some form. Lake Valor is like a second home to me and I've made such amazing friends and memories here. I'd do whatever it takes to preserve that so others who join our family can have a similar experience that I did when I joined. =)

Do you enjoy the role you play?

Although it can be stressful and challenging from time to time, I love the role I play for the community. I absolutely adore seeing other people enjoy themselves, share their interests, and have fun around the site! â—•~â—• When everything works out that reminds me that what I'm doing is worthwhile. Having the ability to make such a big difference towards a site I love is such a wonderful feeling.

What do you like most about Lake Valor?

What stuck with me the most about Lake Valor was the community. I love how kind and friendly so many of our members are! ♡ There are rarely any issues with bullying or trolls on LV compared to other forums and that's amazing. Not only are the members really friendly, but the site is also incredibly user friendly from a technical standpoint. Thanks to [member='Sanctuary'] you can customize so many aspects about the forums to fit your personal preferences and even your aesthetic! There are just so many options to provide a quality user experience. The combination of benevolent members and user friendliness is what I like the most about Lake Valor.

What's the story behind your username?

Oh goodness, this is embarassing. (´.`)'' Well when I first started using the internet and making usernames for websites... I was obsessed with a TV Show called "Winx Club." The protagonist's name in the show is Bloom and I thought it had a nice ring to it... so I used it myself. xD Even when I blossomed out of this phase, I still thought the name was catchy and used Bloom for my username here on Lake Valor. When I was filling out my username I knew that IP Board communities allowed symbols for usernames most of the time, so I decided to put flowers on the ends for fun! xD Eventually I removed the flower symbols because people had difficulties tagging me, but after quite some time I decided to add them back recently since people can use the @/mention button on posts and copy and paste it, which isn't too tedious. ^з^

Finally, describe LV in one word.

Kawaii! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚♡

So, that's [member='❀Bloom❀'] for ya! I'd like to thank her for taking the time out of her busy schedule to answer my quesitons, and I'll see you all next time! This is [member='Aura'], signing out!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.