1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Asking Questions

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lunar-Peacle, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Lunar-Peacle

Lunar-Peacle Of Moonlight and a Thousand Eyes

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    Hey guys~

So asking questions is quite an integral part of life. There are some people who throw one (relevant) question too many at you, and some who are afraid to ask even thought they don't know the answer or need help. Or you can have that oddball that asks random question at a given moment. Sometimes this may enlighten people or annoy people, seeing the limit they can take with answering said questions.

Personally, I've often been afraid to speak up, for fear that if I ask too many questions to gather details, it would seem a nuisance, especially on topics I need to know all the details about. As for others asking me, I'm relatively okay, but like everyone, there's a limit to which I can take before losing my cool.

What do you feel and think about you yourself asking people questions and vice versa?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I always feel annoying if I ask questions lol, even if I don't know I just sort of suffer in silence because I don't want to be a bother, y'know?
    Tho if someone asks me something I'm sure to answer it!

3. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I either can't ask questions because I'm afraid they'll say no or yell at me, even when there's like a 5% chance they will lol. I sometimes feel annoying when I ask my friends to watch series too often or when I ask them about things they know more about than I do. Overall, asking questions is hard for me lol.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    If I feel I really need to know something and others can help better than solo searching I have no problem asking questions. When it comes to simple curiosity however I usually tread lightly and try to gauge how well received it might be, like whether it will be offensive to them based on how well I know someone (or at least know of someone) or whether it's just plain inappropriate to begin with which is always kind of a judgment call. There was a time when I would ask questions of people with zero regard for these things, not because I lacked awareness of them, but because I just didn't care. Sometimes I would even ask uncomfortable things on purpose just to see reactions for my own amusement. I regret that behavior now and try to avoid it because that's just a real shitty way to be towards others, but at least I can say I learned from it. More than once I paid for it.

I'll usually answer questions asked of me one way or another unless I'm really having a bad period with some struggles that I know will cloud things for the worse.

5. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    In terms of my asking questions, many of you are probably familiar with (or have at least noticed) my questioning behaviour: the questions I ask tend to be very particular and usually probing, but always for the sake of more vital information. I don't ask questions simply for the sake of asking questions (though I do have a nearly insatiable thirst for knowledge and information), but to draw out and solidify thought patterns. It is my way of trying to 'get inside your head', and perhaps allow you to do the same.

In terms of being asked questions I'm very much the same, being rather particular about the questions I receive, and giving the information that is relevant to that question. I do better in social situations where there are less people to talk, as being in larger crowds will increase the chance of people agreeing with each other and trying to 'gang up on me', which is a detestable practise.

I have never unintentionally avoided a question. I have intentionally avoided some, though, usually when the question has an ingrained (wrong) implication, or when the question is considerably off-topic and adds no value. I suppose I'm just rather picky about my conversation in general.

6. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I hate asking questions, I fear people will see lesser of me for not knowing. I ask and especially when the answer is so simple I just want to cry since I feel like I make a fool of myself. Knowing is great but asking is scary since I fear judgement for it.

7. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I sometimes find it hard to ask people questions. I'm afraid that they judge me in a harsh way, and I'm usually pretty shy either way.

Answering questions is a lot easier for me though. I find it fun and interesting, and sometimes people just ask the greatest ones! I happily answer. Most if the time. : )

8. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I wouldn't say I'm afraid to ask questions. @[member="Sanctuary"] can definitely vouch for me on this.

After all, that's how you learn and how you grow. You can learn some interesting facts or find out a way to make a new meme.

Sanctuary likes this.
  9. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    Unfortunately, she's not lying. >_>

I love asking (and being asked) questions. There are some things I don't like to be asked, of course, but I'm generally an open person if you ask me something.
    Asking questions is a pretty important part of knowledge gain, I'd say. Whether it's peer-to-peer or just looking something up on Google, asking questions and exploring areas you didn't know about before is essential.

... Unless you're Lost. Then you're just being weird.

LostSpirit likes this.