1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Article Staff Interview - Almandine-G

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Pixel, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Hey guys, [member='Aura'] here with another amazing LV Staff Interview! This time, I've had the pleasure if interviewing the amazing [member='Almandine-G'], one of the site's Super Moderators. Without further ado, let's get this started! Note that my questions will be bolded and match the colour you see here, while my interviewee's will be this colour~

Let's start with an easy question: who are you?

I'm a martin slush puppy with the social grace of a cheese grater
    My name's Almandine-G, but I'm most often referred to as Red, Almy, Jake, Mom... There's a list now haha. I'm an 18 year old scrub who overly obsesses over dumb cute things and being too darn obsessed with making sure everybody's okay.
    I also regularly ship Pokémon. That's an important detail.
    I spend most of my time either drawing, chatting, gaming or job-seeking, and when I'm not doing any of those things I'm usually filling the infinite void I call my stomach. Though at the minute it's mostly drawing as I desperately try to improve my current skills.

What is your role here on Lake Valor?

I'm a Smore!
    I'm a SMod! I started out as a mod over a year ago and then, roughly in February this year I got promoted to the Blue. In general as a SMod I cover a variety of things but I guess what I mainly end up doing is announcements and tutorials on said announcements (such as the Discord guide.) Aside from that I usually help the staff how I can with their duties and try to be on hand when needed, even if it's for the small things. Ultimately thought I like to think my biggest role role is being there for everybody whenever I can to provide support for anything, regardless of if it's a staff issue or not.

Why did you choose this role, and do you enjoy it?

Well it just looked so sweet and delicious I just... Oh, wrong roll... role...
    Put simply I wanted to help out as best I could for the community. I never thought I'd actually get the opportunity to be a Super Mod though haha, I was perfectly content being green! But when it was offered up to me I just couldn't refuse, cause it was the one way I could try to help the community I've grown to love so much. I've loved my time here and continue to love it to this day, and being a SMod allows me to give back more to the people who've given so much to me.

What do you like most about Lake Valor?

It's so much more scenic than those other two lakes and--
    Okay enough lame joking now haha. For real I'd probably say it's the community. In the short time I was online before joining LV my opinion of internet communities had already grown very sour thanks to what I'd already seen. Arguments, flaming, salt, all that everywhere, and that's just scratching the surface! So when I joined LV I held little hope it'd be much different. I was sorely mistaken and found it to be a true delight to be on. Everyone here is so nice and good, they make me feel warm inside. I know that if I should ever have a problem (and a problem I frequently have it seems) I can always turn to LV for support. It's been there for me over the past couples of years, and has made living a true joy.

What's the story behind your username?

Well my current one was simply cause I got bored of my old one. Almandine Garnet, a type of precious gemstone, had such a nice ring to it, so I settled on Almandine-G! But before that I was OfficialRedG, which stemmed from Red G (for whatever reason I liked the sound of when it was "official"), which stemmed from RedGamercat, which stemmed from a dumb LittleBig Planet character I made when I was under my first online name Gamerpeel24. I can't exactly remember why Gamerpeel24 was my first, but ever since then it evolved more and more, and whilst that's a long way in the past, I like to think it lives on as the letter G: because even if my name is super different now the G's still there! There was also Jam;n;Spam along the way but we don't talk about that one.

Finally, describe LV in one word.

I can cheat by using hyphens can't I? I totally can
    Enchanting!

So, that's [member='Almandine-G'] for ya! I'd like to thank him for taking the time out of her busy schedule to answer my questions, and I'll see you all next time! This is [member='Aura'], signing out!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...