1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Tarots RP

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Aiko, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    @[member="AzurAurora"] @[member="TheeDrGetus"] @Baroque Grimore @[member="Lunar-Peacle"] @[member="Fantasma"] @[member="Cadbberry"] @[member="Toxic"] @[member="CattyNeko"]
    Welcome to the Tarots! This is an rp about people who have special powers from Tarot cards!

Nuhan:Selan (Tonochi), Nerus (TheeDrGetus), Amaryllis (Lunar-Peacle), Arisha (Catty-Neko)
    Sefal:Katsu (toxic), Aurora (Cadbberry), Jose (Fantasma), Valentino/Len (Baroque Grimore), Enya (AzurAurora)

There aren't a lot actually.

You can interact with NPCs and control them, but not the leaders of Sefal and Nuhan. This is so I can keep the RP going and someone doesn't say something like "We're all gonna be butts"
    This is less of a rule but, please don't go solo. Interact with someone so that everyone can connect and it doesn't seem like we're doing something random.
    If you have any problems or don't understand what i'm saying, please PM me, talk to me in the discord chat, or put it in the discussion thread! I would be more than happy to change something if you think its too OP of me or someone else to be doing something.
    And the number one rule....Have fun!

Basic Plot

Long ago, the two kingdoms Sefal and Nuhan waged a long war for territory and power. The war lasted long and the casualties piled up high, with Sefal being the victor. This put Nuhan at a disadvantage for many centuries, now Nuhan is a poor country with little money and services. During the war, many magic art users in Nuhan developed "Tarot users" as a last attack against Sefal. These Tarot users had immense powers that some even believed to be demigods. Now, every time a Tarot user dies, someone else is born with the powers of that user. Sefal reigns over the land, with prosperous supplies and Nuhan is on the brink of disaster.

Deities and gods

The people of Sefal worship the god Harnkas. This god is said to have won the war for Sefal, giving them great strength and abilities. Some have recently been doubting the gods power and are against Harnkas, but most citizens stay loyal.

Nuhan is very open and doesn't boast a certain deity or god, but Arnasas is by far the most worshiped god in the land. Arnasas supporters believe in peace and settling the war with words instead of fists.

Certain houses worship certain gods or deities. For example, The house of Nrohaug worships the deity of money, Largosanite, since it has brought them much fame and wealth.

Landforms and how they affect the kingdoms

Nuhan and Sefal are separated by a large plain called "the great war". This is where most of the war took place and spans hundreds of miles. The closer you go to Sefal from Nuhen the more rural and less suburban it becomes. Almost all of Sefal is suburban besides "no man's land". This area is almost uninhabitable because of its heat compared to the rest of Sefal. A lot of Nuhen is cold, especially the parts further from Sefal, that is why there isn't a lot of crops to grow there. Sefal is mostly a four seasons climate, so it is very easy to grow crops for more than half of the year. Areas spanning more to the north become very hilly and at some points, can be classified as mountains. Most people don't live in that area, but special flowers bloom on some of the mountains so some people still live there to harvest the plants. Closer to the middle of Sefal is a plains area, this is where most wheat and vegetables are grown. The closer you get to the south of Sefal, the hotter it gets, this is why "No man's land" is almost uninhabitable. Only small very poor villages are there. (map will be posted in thread)

More backstory and lore

It is said two people long ago forged a bond to never betray each other, and explore all what is now of Sefal and Nuhen. They later formed the lands Sefal and Nuhen. They agreed to never go to war and give eachother goods from their separate lands. This peaceful time was happy for everyone and more and more people kept moving from different lands to the two kingdoms. The two people died and their children took their places. Some people doubted the new Sefalian ruler could live up to their predecessor, but were too afraid of death to do anything. Nuhen fell on hard times and couldn't keep up their end of the deal. They asked Sefal for help, but Sefal took the chance to gain more land. They attacked Nuhan during this time, but Nuhan was able to push them back, but not without loosing a good amount of land and citizens. After the war, the Sefalian emperor died from an unknown disease. Since the ruler had no children, the Kingdom had to appoint a new ruler, the current ruler. He was very kind and generous in his youth, but has become harsh and cold recently. The kingdom of Nuhan does not like to start fights, hoping to be peaceful with Sefal, but even 100 years after the last war the kingdoms have never fully settled their problems.

Tarots and how they are seen

While at one point Tarots were seen as god like, people aren't too fond of them now. Most Tarots live their lives in secrecy, only high ups in the kingdom know about their powers. Some Tarots embrace and train with their powers, and others want nothing to do with it. Tarots are not seen as "good" and more as tools of war, considering how they became. Anyone can be a Tarot, but around the age of 2-3 Tarots start showing special "Tarot marks" on their body, it shows what card they are and usually are relatively tiny(they can fit on your hand). Tarots with "unknown" powers (the Sun, Judgement, etc) have always been born with different powers and never have the same power as their predecessors. Tarots with "known" powers (The chariot, the Fool etc) always have the same power.

Chapter 1: The summoning
    The leaders of Sefal and Nuhan respectively have called for all the Tarots in the kingdom to meet them in the castle. It is your job to go to the summons and see what the rulers want. You can interact and meet up with eachother before the summons(infact, its encouraged!) once you all get to the summons the leaders will discuss strategy with you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    "Why am I going to the stupid summons again? It is not like I am that important." A cloaked figure weaved her way through the crowd on her way, talking to herself about having to go to a meeting. She was a bit absorbed in her thoughts and thus didn't notice someone walking straight into her. The force of the bump send her straight to the ground and her hood shifted exposing her face to him.

"I am sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going." The man stumbled over his words as he tried to apologize to the person he had knocked down. The burly man extended his hand to help her up, but she smacked it out of her face. One look from her icy blue orbs was enough to shut him up. Narrowed eyelids half hid the blue of her eyes, but it was enough to convey her displeasure at being knocked down. She stood up with one movement and pulled her hood back down. Without saying a word, she continued on, leaving the man standing there bewildered.

"That was too close for comfort. I should keep my mind on the target." She whispered to herself.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BaroqueGrimoire

BaroqueGrimoire The Aureate Sorcerer

Nouveau
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽308.1
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    "I thought I told you three to shut it... We have been summoned." Valentino muttered grouchily to himself as he strode through the town.
    Suddenly, his body shook a little and his demeanour changed severely.

"Oh but silence during a journey is soooooo boooooring! Be more cheerful!" he continued in a cheery voice and with a happy expression as he jumped inside the razor sharp halo and continued his path making cartwheels. His hands had started to bleed but he didn't seem to care at all.

The townsfolk had started staring at him weirdly and they realized who the person talking to himself was. They quickly ran and hid inside their houses, careful not to interact with him.

"Don't annoy yourselves, me. Nobody likes arguments when they're on their way... Oh look, they noticed. Good grief, couldn't I behave myselves?" Len sighed as his voice deepened and his expression showed anger while he began walking in his ring as though it was a hamster wheel.

"Quite! I don't see why we should have to speak at all. It's illogical. We're the same person after all." Len said as he pulled out a book, opened it and put a pair of reading glasses on his eyes (in actually they're just frames, mind you). "So conduct myself properly!"

"I thought I told you three to quit it!" he yelled loudly before turning his attention to a cloaked figure who walked past him. There was something different about that person. It was at this moment that the cheerful Len had taken over again and he began cartwheeling inside his halo again, until he catched up with the stranger.

"Hello there! Are you heading for the summons as well? Kyahahahahahaha!" he began.

4. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Selan played with her fingers while on her way to the summoning. She was excited to meet other people that had powers like her. She was a shy girl, but really liked animals and sometimes found them as her only friend. She saw a bird land on her shoulder and started to pet it. People around in the town looked at her and whispered. "I guess no one likes me here either..." Selan was well known around the small areas near her village. People always said she was a witch because of her healing abilities. This made her less and less socially active over the years. Most people either hated her or where scared of her now. She got out a notebook and sketched what the bird on her shoulder looked like.

After a while of walking and sketching, Selan was close to the summon. She saw another person already there. "Um...Hello!" she said to the person while putting her notebook back into her bag. "I'm assuming you're one of the tarots too?" she asked.

5. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Enya looked up shocked as she heard someone talk to her.

"Hello there! Are you heading for the summons as well? Kyahahahahahaha!" Looking up she saw a guy with bleeding hands cartwheeling next to her. That was weird even to a girl that could summon ice with a mere thought. She did respond to the guy, before trying to lose him.

"I do not know what you are talking about." She hissed and dove deeper into her cloak. How had he known she was going to the meeting or that she had received a summons. She walked faster, anything to get away from that weirdo. She reached the meeting point and looked around to see if anyone was near. It wasn't the case and she just resigned her herself to wait.

6. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Electric blue eyes gazed around at the buildings around their owner as a grin grew on his face. Leaping into the air, Nerus gave out a yell of joy.

"I made it!" He cheered again as he began to run towards the looming castle, his blue eyes twinkling in delight. After a brief run he halted outside the large gates, a grin still on his face despite the fact he was panting, hands on knee's as he attempted to catch his breath.

Straightening up until he heard a crack in his back, Nerus let out a gleeful giggle as he gazed at the castle, the target of his attention constantly switching between the gates, guards, citizens and the birds. Marching forward he stopped as he caught the sight of a bird on some girls shoulder, laughing in joy he sped over towards the girl, leaving a flickering trail of blue lightning behind him, and began to babble about the bird. It wasn't until the girl spoke did he realize what he had done.

Stepping backwards he gave out an embarrassed chuckle, "Sorry sorry! I know, personal space and all that but that bird looked awesome!" When he heard her question he glanced towards her suspiciously, his eyes taking on a serious glint. "The fact you said too means you're also a tarot correct?" Without waiting for a response he thrust his hand out with a fresh grin on his face, "I'm Nerus! My tarot power is, erm, The Hermit I think." Blinking, Nerus appeared to be distracted as he thought before he nodded, "Yup! The Hermit is what it was called!"

7. BaroqueGrimoire

Nouveau
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽308.1
    "I don't know what you're talking about." was the cold response from the cloaked figure as she stormed off into the distance. Her voice made it clear that she was female. Valentino was used to being ignored by people so it didn't surprise him at all. Yet, his cold side couldn't help but respond in her presence.

"Hmpf. How rude. Even though we were so polite as to ask about her destination." Len said in a tone that was equally frosty as he walked towards the meeting point. "Meh... She can't escape Fate. Nobody can... Credere Fortunatis... May our Goddess bless us..."

Once he finished his prayers, Len continued his journey towards the meeting point. Here and there he saw some farmers and bought some cooked meat for on the road. He chewed upon the delicious, juicy meat in pensive silence, not using utensils or a plate at all. Once he arrived there, he looked around the area and noticed the cloaked female standing there as well.

"Ah-HA! I knew it! Of course I did... Wasn't obvious or anything." he spoke softly as he walked along the perimeters of the meeting point, still tearing off bits of mutton and munched on it like an animal. "And so we meet once more, don't we? Ah, we must have been fated to meet again! Our Goddess truly never disappoints me!"

8. Toxic

Toxic Idk I'm bored

Lugia Egg
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽176.8
    "Hmm. So this is it? The castle. I finally made it at last."

He looked left and right walking inside the castle admiring it's divine structure. As he walked he encountered Nerus who was also inside the castle. Not paying attention he walked right into Nerus soon falling back on his butt.

"Ahh! I'm sorry about that." He looked up at Nerus and looked at the girl standing next to him "Hey nice bird you have!" He got up slowly and waved awkwardly. "It's nice to meet you! The names Katsu. You can call me Kat for short. Say.. You're a tarot just like me! My tarot power is the devil."

Suddenly Katsu heard a loud crash from inside the castle. "Woah! What was that?!" Katsu jumped scared from the loud noise.

9. Lunar-Peacle

Lunar-Peacle Of Moonlight and a Thousand Eyes

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    Just near the castle walls gate was a woman asleep while standing against a pillar. Having journeyed to the castle over the course of the night from her home village, she marvelled how no one had halted her on her way. By daylight, she was more often than not inactive, hence night time was her domain where she could freely avoid the eyes of the people.

She was promptly awoken by the loud crash. Blinking and yawning, she observed the three fellow Nuhanese that also were summoned, it seems.

Amaryllis walked over to the two, removing her hood and swinging her axe over her shoulder as she did so. Her grey eyes were still heavy with sleep, but a twinkle of interest sparked in them. She waited for the male to finish talking before she made her approach. Something about one saying he's the Hermit, and the other The Devil alerted her to only one thing.

"Fellow Tarots, I take it?" She gave a friendly smile, amidst suppressing an upcoming yawn.

10. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Selan at the group of people around her. She chuckled a little, selan could tell this would be a nice group. "O-oh I guess I never introduced myself! I'm the High Priestess!" She pushed her glasses up and coughed. "Well, should we go in?"

11. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    A shadow from above leaped roof top to roof top, heading from across town towards the castle. "A summon, finally going to get to do something, heehee!" She cried out in joy doing flips in the air, the wing like attachments ruffled around with her quick movements, the feathers getting ruffled slightly. Slowly she would let her self fall, descending to the ground so softly it wouldn't make a sound. With every leap she held her poofy bright purple dress down, she certainly stuck out like a sore thumb compared to those below her. She continued to jump and leap, floating back to roof tops below her gently before she pushed off the roof and shot off. "This is going to be the bestest day ever!" She screamed getting more people's attention, not meaning to but just excited to use the power she was born with finally. As she approached the castle she took one big leap and just waited to float back down to the castle, a shadow from above shrowed those already waiting. "Look out below!" She cried out descending down upon those below.

12. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Arisha ran as fast as she could as soon as she found the message. It seemed like the letter was very important, and she couldn't miss it. Once a king summons you in his court, you can't object. It will make you look disrespectful.

She ran and ran, until she finally made it to the castle, seeing four people who were also headed for the castle. She was certain that those people, were like her No, they're not She thought. People with Tarots had different abilities that distinguished them from one another.

Being the last of the group, she didn't bother to say 'hello', so she just followed them up the stairs.

13. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Grinning at the group around him, Nerus span on his heel and began to march up towards the castle with his chest thrust out in pride. As the group traveled through the gates he glanced behind him with a somber expression now adorning his face, absently noting the new addition,

"Say, does anyone know what this is about? It's not often a tarot is called for, never mind a group of us." Blue eyes narrowed in thought as he carefully watched the guards who opened the large doors in front of them as he seemingly mumbled to himself, "It feels like something big's about to happen."

14. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "And so we meet once more, don't we? Ah, we must have been fated to meet again! Our Goddess truly never disappoints me!" Enya looked up to see the guy from before. Giving a sigh, she froze his shoes to the pavement as a confirmation of her powers, before turning to him. Her cold eyes looked him over and she shook her head in disappointment. His hands still bled and now his face was full of the juices of his little snack.

"Is being a Fool not a punishment from our God? To be scorned and thrown away?" She asked softly, as she created a flurry of snowflakes above her hand. She let them spiral into the air and watched as they disappeared into the air. She opened her mouth to speak again when she was interrupted by a yell.

"Look out below!" Her eyes grew wide as she got out of the way of the purple-clad girl, but her hood fell off in the progress, letting her hair and face become visible in the light.

15. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Aurora landed right in front of the hooded girl, a small young and bright individual, a smile plastered on her face. "Sorry about that, let me self drift a bit further then I wanted!" She laughed and looked up at her. "Hi there, you must be a Tarot too, nice to meet another one." She stuck her hand out to greet Enya, her feathered arm pieces smoothing out, now that she is in resting motion. Her big eyes looking into her, big icey blue and purple eyes, full of hope and happiness.

16. Lunar-Peacle

Lunar-Peacle Of Moonlight and a Thousand Eyes

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    The High Priestess, the Hermit, the Devil and an unnamed tarot. Amaryllis counted it all in her mind slowly as Nerus brought up a question that alerted her half awake brain to her current predicament. The rulers of Nuhan had summoned them. And one did not mess with their leaders, if anything that befell this very land was anything to say. Amaryllis almost preferred the perilous journey at night to the castle than her current location, dread filling her every being.

"Other than our kin, the royal household is the only one that know of our powers. It's a matter of what they need us for." The woman sounded a little more bitter than her sleepy state would suggest.

17. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "I am Enya or as I am also known as the Fool. People like calling me that for some reason." The silver-haired girl with the icy blue eyes responded slowly as she felt a bit of hope blossom. The feathered pieces on the girl's arm were fascinating. But would she be accepted this time? After shaking the purple-clad girl's hand she looked over to the guy and felt a bit of guilt. Waving her other hand, she unfroze his shoes from the pavement allowing him to walk again.

"Sorry for freezing your shoes. I have had a slight problem with people trying to hurt me. May I know your name and tarot?" Enya asked with a bit of trepidation in her voice. Turning to the girl, Enya asked her the same question albeit with less reservation.

18. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    She smiled widly, very excited to talk to people, "My name is Aurora Miu, I am the Hanging Man tarot card." Ironic the card that most would think was sad and dead is very joyful and excitable. She spun around to see the other man with his shoes frozen, mystified by the powers Enya contained. "Wow! So you have freezing powers, very lucky to have something so cool!" She looked over the icey woman, excited to see her display of power and her willingness to forgive the man, though this man frozen to the floor had a look to him that was slightly unsettling, maybe it was knowing he tried to hurt her or maybe he was just a giant tease.

19. Fantasma

Fantasma ♃☿♄

(Cubone (Alolan))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽185.1
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    A shadowy figure walked through the streets towards the castle, he was wearing a pair of googles used to cross the desert and his mouth was covered with a scarf, his attire were leaking sand during the whole walk, he was wearing a pair of leather gloves with misterious simbols saw on them, the same simbol could be seen in the edge of the sword he acarried on his back.
    "A summoning eh?, I wonder what would it be this time, its not normal for them to take me out of the no mans land for this type of things" he said to himself.

while getting closer to the castle he started to distiguish some shadows in front of it.
    "Huh? it looks like most of them are already here, that sandstorm truly delayed me" he said, while keeping on hes walk towards the castle.

20. BaroqueGrimoire

Nouveau
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽308.1
    "Hmpf! Mind your step, lass. ... What we mean is that Me, Myself, I and Moi are not exactly loved either. But since you were nice enough to unfreeze all of ourselves..." Len began as he began cartwheeling inside his wheel again like a circus artist and performed a few acrobatics with it as he spoke. somewhat happily even (for as long as that would last). "I'll introduce ourselves. Valentino Castiglioni, but most people know me as the Wheel of Fortune Tarot. Surprise, huh? Yeah, totally not predictable. But at least you know what kind of magic is created when you use your powers, Miss Fool. Indeed! When we play, we never know what'll happen! Kyahahahahaha!"

Len snapped his fingers twice in mid-handstand and a small burst of ice magic and lightning magic was created a fairly decent distance away from the group. "See? Not a damn thing we can do about it." he said before returning to cartwheeling around the room. "And what are you staring at, miss Hanged Man? Never seen more than one person in the same body before?"