1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Airplanes

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by EchoSouls, Sep 12, 2016.

1. EchoSouls

EchoSouls Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.2
    Oh man, I need to talk about this ;;

Airplanes are now a common way to travel, but man are people at their worst on those things.

The amount of times I got in trouble for leaning back because some really angry old person behind me " needed space " is insane.

Also, for those of you traveling to / from Ireland, avoid Ryan Air at all costs, being more than 2 hours on one of those super cheap airlines is enough to drive you crazy.

well, there's my stupid rant haha.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Traveling by plane generally means you're stuck in a small environment with a lot of people, so in my opinion, general manners matter a bit more than in usual situations, especially because you're with a lot of strangers who might or might not be from the same country as you and thus might or might not have the same general rules when it comes to dealing with other people.

I've traveled by plane quite a lot already, so I'm aware that some of the situations can get pretty annoying. Last spring, when I was traveling to Rome, I had my tablet stored in the pocket on the seat of the person sitting in front of me so that I could watch anime I had downloaded without having to hold my tablet. Suddenly, the man who was sitting on the seat in front of me leaned back his chair, causing my tablet to almost fall to the floor (I caught it in time). In other situations, I was stuck in a plane full of infants and toddlers, and guess what infants and toddlers do? That's right, they cry... Yippee.

I know I always try to cause as little disturbance to others as possible when traveling by plane, and luckily, I haven't encountered many situations where I was stuck in a situation with someone who was acting unreasonable.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MoonLightOwl25

MoonLightOwl25 PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.8
    I actually never been on a plane before but I know people go up high in the air when they're on a plane so I'm kinda afraid of going on one

4. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    Airplanes might be dumb, but they sure are efficient. They are the fastest and sfest form of transportation over a large distance. However they do have their faults. Airlines are always trying to find new ways to cram more passengers into planes. Even if that means we have to stand up the whole time

Cadbberry likes this.
  5. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I haven't been on an aeroplane in over 10 years, largely because I have neither needed nor wanted to travel anywhere that would need a plane to access. I certainly don't miss them either - riding on several long and protracted flights during my youth has given me a sense of mild claustrophobia as a result. You're aware of the seating arrangements on passenger flights, and how they can be quite infringing, yes? That is just one unfortunate side consequence of them.

I don't intend to ever set foot into an aeroplane ever again unless it is absolutely necessary that I must, and I highly doubt that's ever going to happen.

6. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I don't mind flying, if I have everything I need. Just as long as I don't get plopped next to someone shitty. This happened before and the person wouldn't let me go to the toilet -_-

7. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    I've been on a plane a handful of times in my life so far and enjoyed it every time. I don't have a problem with the travel part of air travel..although the hyper paranoia over security issues worries me. I think it's more an issue in the US than elsewhere but it's there. I don't like the idea that I could be essentially arrested, interrogated and treated like a terrorist due to a shirt I wear, the contents of a book I might bring, or an off-hand comment to someone I'd be traveling with. People have already been treated like dam war-criminals for each of those things and that's messed up, but these days agencies can pretty much get away with whatever they want (with a reasonable amount of public support even) as long as they say it's in the name of security and keeping the latest boogeyman at bay.

8. Lumi

Lumi Baby, I know I know I know

PokéPoints:
    ₽43.2
    Does anyone else get a little mini panic attack right before you land, and then freak out even more when you are rapidly braking and you feel like plane is gonna flip nose first. That always gets me..

9. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I've only been on one ONCE and it wasn't that scary. Getting on? Absolutely terrifying. But once I was up in the air I felt fairly content. B)

10. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Aside from my enormous aerophobia, it also bothers me how cramped most of my flights were. I guess it's no surprise since I'm on economy class all the time but geez there is almost no leg room and it's so uncomfortable. I already get jittery enough sitting in one spot for too long.

B> time travel machine to live in the times where we can easily teleport anywhere. No more fears! No more lack of leg room!! -aaa-

11. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I used to hate traveling by plane but after 14+ hours on a flight to Japan I grew accustomed to plane travel and much more comfortable. I now really like flying as long as it is a shorter flight since I do have a bad fear of heights, as long as the window is closed I should be ok.

12. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I've never actually been on a plane. Seems kind of scary to me for some reason. Maybe I just don't like the idea of a whole ton of weight flying through the sky.

13. Jhopthegamer

PokéPoints:
    ₽117.5
    I was once on a flight from London to Chicago and there was like nobody on the plane except me and my parents, so I just switched seats like every ten minutes and walked around, and the flight attendants were fine with it.

14. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I tend to think that people are afraid of flying because they have a fear of heights and/or falling. Even as a child when I had a huge fear of heights, I was never worried about flight.

Oddly enough, now I want to go skydiving this summer :)

15. elenawing

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.0
    Been on quite a few flights over the years, still terrified (so much so I kinda learned brought a flight simulator what all the weird noises were so I knew we weren't about to plummet out of the clouds...) though I prefer larger planes as you don't feel them move as much when turning!

Worst thing ever happened on a plane? 4 hour hop and this random guy was sat next to me. The worst BO I have EVER smelt. This wasn't 'I've been travelling for 24 hours give me a break' BO, this was 'I haven't washed in weeks and my seat will never be clean again'

I felt like I was going to vomit the entire trip :/