1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon Generations

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Megarai111, Sep 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Did you know? Pokémon has announced short videos that will be released on the official Youtube channel featuring stories from the first to the sixth generation?

..well, you do now :P

The series will be 18 episodes long, and every episode will be around 3-5 minutes long. Watch the trailer here:
    [youtube]https://youtu.be/wMzwcIG8vgk[/youtube]

The first two episodes will premier on Friday, September 16. Apparently, the shorts will dive more deeply into the existing regions and give us an opportunity to get to know characters better.

What do you think of this news? Are you excited or not? Why? What do you expect to watch? What are things you don't want to see in the shorts? Discuss, people!

---
    Source: Anime News Network

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    YAY. This looks promising. The untold stories will be told. I am in.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. EchoSouls

EchoSouls Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.2
    This looks incredible, and seems like it will be noticeably darker than the anime. From what I've seen here, this could replace the current show and get away with it haha.

4. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    It reminds me a lot of the origins anime they did but in small clips, I would rather this then the anime currently going or for it to be full 30/15 minute episodes. I love the way the portray these spin off like shows. I do hope they continue since it peeks for young adults and children compared to the anime which is aimed at children only. Overall, I am excited for this new spin-off like series, it has a lot of potential.

5. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    I don't even watch the Pokémon anime anymore, but I highly doubt it. :P As mentioned, each episode will only be 3-5 minutes long, and there will only be 18 episodes total, so there really won't be enough time for deep adventuring/story telling.

As for my own opinion on this, it looks kinda cool. I don't think I'll watch it, but the idea itself sounds like a good one.

6. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    They finally did it, Pokémon Generations for all gens, I'm so happy right now (Spite it being shorter then the normal episodes of Generations)

Can't wait for the 4th Gen storytelling thou

7. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I'm glad to see they're doing this but also start at the same time since is a short anime it would be nice if they would do something like this in full length instead of OVA or shorts. Still I do have hopes for this since I've been waiting for more stuff like this.

8. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Oh they're only gonna be a few mins long? I'll still watch tho! This looks really cool and I want to learn more about the characters!

9. Lunen Transnima

PokéPoints:
    ₽44.5
    You'd be right to be reminded of that! This is supposed to be a spiritual sucessor to Origins. And to my eye, the characters (Giovanni and Red are the main ones here) look almost exactly like their characters in Origins, though Blue (the only clear face we see as a return from Origins) has changed. This could suggest that the same team is working on it, but this time on the behalf of Nintendo.

If this is supposed to showcase the major events of each generation, that'd mean events like the legendary events and such right? Because, it seems to me that (except for the 1st generation) the E4 and Champion battles aren't that great of a deal... But that is just me.

10. Zether-man

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.9
    I'm actually super hype for this, then length is kinda a bummer but it looks promising. Reminds me of Origins and that was pretty good.

11. Raizek

Raizek Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.1
    I'm really excited about this announcement! By the look of it, Pokémon Origins and Pokémon Generations seem to be on the same wavelength. So if I liked Origins, I suppose I'll like Generations too. I'm looking forward to knowing about the untold stories they mentioned in the trailer, so I think I'm going to buy one Hype Train ticket *_* *_*

12. gamerz719

gamerz719 gamerz719

Nidodude
    (Nidorino)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.7
    I seen some of these episodes and I love them way more than the anime

13. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    I haven't watched this yet or paid much attention, but I really liked Pokémon Origins when that came out so I'm going to give this a go.

14. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    They are actually really well done. The level of animation is very high and I like the more adult feel to it. My favorite episode is probably the one with Team Magma, so far.

15. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I really love Pokémon Generations! I am actually quite glad they are 3-5 minutes, as it means there will be more time for me to watch the episodes as I am a very busy person. Every episode is well done, and I am glad they are giving characters like Silver (who has never been in an anime before), Buck and other characters we know little of a chance! The animation quality is really beautiful and so is the music!

16. Trent29193

Trent29193 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽38.9
    For the most part they've been pretty cool, though I felt like the Gen 3 and Cheryl episodes were pretty poor quality. The voice acting that had gone on and the level of unnerving animation in Cheryl's was just eugh.

17. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    These episodes are truly amazing. Honestly I wish they would keep going with these, but of course they have to stop and some point in time. My favorite happens to be the old cheatu one. Chansey looks very cute in that episode! Honestly I wish they would do the same type of shorts for Pokémon Adventures. They probably won't do that, but I can dream...

18. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I recently watched most of these. I kind of like what they are trying to do but I really wish they were longer. I feel like if they had more depth I'd be more interested.

19. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I had been watching this quite frequently but kinda dropped off a bit. :( I'm gonna try and catch up though because I adore this series and would love to see it animated into a full length show!