1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Rockruff's connection with the Alolan Starters - Dual Evolutions!?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Pixel, Sep 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Hey guys, [member='Aura'] here with another Sun and Moon discussion article!

So, as you may or may not remember, back when Rockruff was revealed to the world was "Iwanko" in a Corocoro leak, there was an interesting titbit that mentioned that "the Alolan Starters and Rockruff all share a secret", but nobody had any idea what that secret would be.

After the reveal of Z-Moves, some people started theorising that these four Pokémon would receive their own exclusive Z-Moves in their final evolved states, and although that could still happen it won't be something special to just those four Pokémon, since we've had confirmation of exclusive Z-Moves for Alolan Raichu and Snorlax already. However, with the new "Rugarugan" revealed earlier this week and how it takes a different form depending on what version of the game you get, this got me thinking; is this the secret that Rockruff shares with the starters?

If the starters received split evolutions, that would be revolutionary, and a first for the Pokémon series! Just like "Rugarugan", the evolution would be the same Pokémon, but you'd get a different for of it depending on whether you were playing Sun or Moon, with the Sun forms being more attributed to light while the Moon forms had more of a dark aura, just like "Rugarugan".

However, if this turns out to be true, then this would clash with another leak that has become very reputable since the unveiling of the Trail Captains, and that's this leak of the final form of the Alolan Starter Pokemon. In it, we can see what are supposed to be the final forms for Rowlet, Litten and Popplio, but we can also see, if you zoom in to the bottom-centre of Litten's final evolution, a small doodle of what appears to be Ash and Pikachu, along with Rowlet, Popplio and the Grass Trail Captain Mallow, boiling a kettle on this new Pokémon's stomach. Now, the only reason this leak became so reputable is because this image surfaced before we even knew Mallow existed, and it can't just be a coincidence that these two characters look exactly the same.

So, in summary, if the leak above proves to be true, does that mean that there is yet another secret that Rockruff holds? Or were these evolutions leaked on purpose to throw us off, only to have 2 sets of final stage starters revealed? Either way, discuss your thoughts below!

That's it from me for now! This is [member='Aura'], signing out until next time!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. EchoSouls

EchoSouls Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.2
    Something I noticed when i was looking at the website is that rockruff's evos are not version exclusive, rather time exclusive. We know both games are set 12 hours apart, which means if you were playing Pokémon Moon late into the night (3/4 am) it would be daytime. I'd love to see the starters having a similar thing going for them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    I saw the leaked evolution before, and I really hope they're real. Rowlet's evo looks awesome in my opinion.
    Anyway, whenever I watch YouTube videos, most of the time, some of them are Pokémon theories and the like. Even though I know most of them are very unlikely, they're still fun and interesting to watch.

One of the videos I watched was about a 'leaked' Alolan Pokédex. I'm unsure if it's legit or not, but in it, next to the starters' final evolutions, they had Grass/Various, Fire/Various, and Water/Various. Even though it might be fake, the idea that split evolutions for them seems plausable to me.

Either that, or GameFreak is purposely trolling players with the fire-fighting typing look for Litten's final evolution.

4. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Perhaps it Day and Night evos up TO ONE STAGE :O

5. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    It was confirmed in the Corocoro leaks that the evolutions are, in-fact, version exclusive. However, these leaks didn't come out until the day after the original leaks.

Hope this clears up any confusion :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.