1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Fondest Memories

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by ShiroLugia, Sep 26, 2016.

1. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    We all remember scrounging through Christmas presents to find our very first Pokémon game; and lets be honest, usually it was one of these retro babies.
    What are your fondest memories playing one of the 1-5 gen games?

I remember always racing through the game on a skype call with my best friends playing it too, all moving together, helping each other out and screaming about new cute Pokémon we loved. I still remember when we even made our Cottonees match names,
    Wbat about you?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    When I stayed the night at my friends house and we all went to gamestop that morning and bought the games, black and white, not very great games on a first play through as a kid but it was still an incredibly interesting new game. It was the first game I got to buy on my own, I saved up a lot of money for it and it was great to have and play.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kamoodle5

kamoodle5 Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.3
    Call me an oldie, as I am among the age group to experience Pokémon Red and Blue plus the anime's first season.

My mind keeps trying to remember the very date I got my Blue version back at a Toys r Us that no longer exists, which was April 28, 1999. At that time, I was best friends with someone who owned Red, and we were able to trade whatever exclusive Pokémon we caught and battled at least once through our old green-on-green Gameboys. Before owning Blue, I was watching the anime for a couple months, and I remember the first episode I ever watched was "The Song of Jigglypuff". Back then, I had no idea what the other Pokémon were except for Pikachu but I quickly fell in love with the pink balloon that loved to mark on people's faces while they were snoozing.

That of the anime and the beginning of my Blue version adventure are considered to be my fondest memories of Pokémon, which was truly the beginning of enjoying these creatures.

4. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Me and my sister's first Pokémon games were Diamond and Pearl. The best thing about a twin is that I have someone to battle, help and trade with "24/7". My fondest memories, however, exist in HeartGold and SoulSilver and Black and White versions. In HGSS, my sister and I would challenge the Battle Frontier together, catch shiny Pokémon and play in the Union Room with all sorts of fun.

In BW, in the EntraLink, we'd play a game called "The Bicycle Game" where one of us had to chase the person who joined in the universe with a bicycle.

5. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I think my fondest memory of the games has to be when I picked my first ever starter. Looking at those little creatures waiting to get picked and go on an adventure with me. My older brother Charmander and I Squirtle. He had Red, I had Blue, and my Dad got Yellow. My brother and I ended up choosing the cover starters of our games. The two of us would rave about them evolving and everything we encountered. A time that sits every fondly in my heart.

But that is closely tied with the first time I ever watched Pokémon. It was the "Pokémon, I choose you!" episode that aired on October 27th, 1999 in the Netherlands. Somehow I caught the very first ever episode of Pokémon on the Dutch television. Man, that has ruined me for life. Countless hours spent watching the series and playing the games.

6. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    My best memory in the old games was my team in Pearl. It consisted of 3 Pokémon and those Pokémon are my favorites. Infernape, Haunter and Palkia. All level 80. We stomped the Elite 4 and Cynthia to say the least.

7. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I used to have a running joke with a friend, where we would name random Pokémon 'NUM YUMMY [insert number]'. Back then (FR/LG days) there was a Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup commercial where a guy in a office was asked for his name. He responded 'Num Yummy' while eating and ended up with a name plate of 'Num Yummy'.
    We ended up with a Zapdos, Yanma, Hopip, and a Wingull among others with the legacy of Num Yummy.

I couldn't find a video of the old commercial sadly.

8. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Link cable battles with this kids from school back in Generation 2, and taking out chunks of OP legendary teams with cheap ass Mean Look and Perish Song Misdreavus. Also spending hours playing mini-games on Pokémon Stadium 2 at sleepover birthday parties. They were solid mini-games, especially Barrier Ball (at least I think that's what it was called, it was that 4 way Pong type of game with Mr. Mime) and that Furret one of which the name totally escapes me. They were truly better times for me when I still felt like a peer to my peers, fond memories indeed.

9. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    My fondest memories was playing Diamond all the time, my first Pokémon game. I would take it to school with me even when I wasn't supposed to and I played it. I got lost out Mt.Cornet for 3 months, but eventually I got through it. I remember how happy I was when I finally beat the champion, and afterwards I still played the game! I remember using that same copy of Diamond to play Pokémon Battle Revolution online all the time. I sucked at battling back then, but I really had a kick with battling other people, and I still do till this day!

10. HerbZ

HerbZ PKMN Breeder

Ico
    (Geodude)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽105.3
    I remember two things. That one time when i caught Kyogre in Sapphire with only one ultra ball and that one time i caught a lvl 70 Rayquaza with a help of lvl 50 Walrein and almost freaking out on a train because of it. Ah, those were the times!