1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Theamed Names & Teams

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by EchoSouls, Oct 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. EchoSouls

EchoSouls Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.2
    Almost everyone has come up with a Pokémon team based off something. Have you done this? What Pokémon were on that team\? Are you planning to do this someday?

Me? I love naming Pokémon after fictional characters, and coming up with a team based off that. I don't remember any of them, but i've definitely done it before.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    I did a Tales if Symphonia team (with themed movesets), a LV Admin team, an LV mod team, an LV Super Mod/Writer Team, and a goblin team. I also did a team based on a story I wrote in my glazed play through, but that wasn't as well thought out as the rest.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I'm currently making an Acheivement Hunter team. But since I'm also making my team for the Yuki League right now, the only one I have so far is Gavin because the Pokémon I have representing him is a Slowbro, which I'm also using on my Yuki team. Here are my plans for everyone though:

Geoff - Honchkrow
    Jack - Swalot
    Michael - Infernape
    Gavin - Slowbro
    Ryan - Banette
    Jeremy - Hawlucha

4. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,884.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I do themed names all the time, In one of the playthroughs I named them all colors, another one all foods. In one very short lived one, I named all the Pokémon Chocolate. for no real reason

5. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Well chocolate is delicious. No other reason needed.

6. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I did a gemstone team (all Eeveelutions), a Legend of Zelda team, a Japanese god names team, some others that I can't remember. But currently making a Monotype Fire team.

7. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Oh yeah, I want to make some other Monotype teams too! But currently I'm focused on Psychic for Yuki. Although I did just go through a lot of crap making a chain of Nincada to get a shiny one. Never got it. The streak literally went from around 21 to like, 65. Then it was broken because an Eevee popped up and really pissed me off. Then it continued on until 76 or 77 as I had said "screw it I'll just catch the next one up that doesn't have Run Away and isn't level 8." This was all for a Shedinja to use on a later Mono-Ghost team. And maybe Ninjask on a Mono-Bug team.

8. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I've had some themed teams in the past... I remember Legend of Zelda being one of them, and another one I really can't remember anymore... I've also had teams based on gods or mythological creatures before!

I'd absolutely love to make an Ace Attorney themed team, but I just can't find any fitting Pokémon :(

9. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    I made some teams based off of a Youtuber's Pokémon team for each Pokémon game that he LP'd.

10. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    I made a pretty good Senran Kagura themed team a while back, which was pretty simple because all the girls had a spirit animal (bat, wolf, etc.). If you're not into to ecchi games, don't look it up though >_>

11. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    I only ever made one team based off of mythology things, but I do remember naming a bunch of Pokémon after Legend of Zelda, other characters of mine, and flowers.
    Flowers a lot.
    Because flowers are pretty.
    And have pretty names.

12. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I usually name my teams after mythological characters- Greek and Nordic myths are my go-to for nicknames. Although most of my teams have a pretty random naming scheme, haha. I do have my Moon team named after various Xenoblade characters, though!

13. Krieg

Krieg Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.2
    A team named after the Z Fighters.

14. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    I don't nickname the Pokémon I'm going to use pretty much ever outside of some Nuzlockes I did a long time ago (I don't know why but I just don't like it for some reason, I respect their official names) however I did once make a team with the theme of being reject Pokémon. Not all of the Pokémon were totally bad Pokémon but all of them were ones that I considered rejects that no one really cares much for.

It was Heatmor, Qwilfish, Parasect, Delibird, Stunfisk and Stantler. It was pretty fun to play with some reject underdogs and some of them I grew to really like and appreciate through the experience of training them.

15. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    My most recent run of Pokémon Pearl nicknames the Pokémon after characters from Fire Emblem 7. Right down to the HM slaves and Safari catches.

My team is Lyn the Infernape, Florina the Empoleon, Beth the Torterra (this was another reason for doing the run, and Beth is what I name the tactician), Eliwood the Lucario, Priscilla the Blissey and Canas the Spiritomb.

The now HM slaves are Hector the Machop and Serra the Buneary. I'm using Charap as the bird slave, to be honest. I caught Dart the Quagsire, Rebecca the Marill and a Staravia who's name escapes me, though I do think I intended on changing his name to Heath upon the name occuring to me.